watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old news... But

Started by Fernhurst, September 22, 2014, 03:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Leading story in the sport section of The Mirror this morning.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-manchester-united-arsenal-4301068

Why don't you all F. F. F. Fade away.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

mitimo

If he goes, I hope it is to Arsenal, he will get a better run out og those guys than the mobs in the north.

Nero

shock story top clubs keep track of top talent you can probably add barca  and madrid to that list,

grandad

I know it´s only the mirror but £10 mil. They have to be joking. Slap a £50 mil tag on him & we may think about it. If he does go to one of these clubs you will never hear of him again. The lot up the road have 26 players out on loan. These clubs don´t need all these players as they are unlikely to feature in their parent club´s 1st team.
Where there's a will there's a wife

alfie

The trouble with all this is the players agent, if he can turn Roberts head with promises of fame/fortune then I guess he will want to go.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

dannyboi-ffc

Call me crazy but it is inevitable that he will leave. Its on the cards so much so that there can only be two reasons why he isnt featuring a great deal......

1) We dont want to lose him in january so we are keeping him on a low profile

2) Our mouths are watering at the thought of what hes worth and felix/kit are being instructed to wrap him in cotton wool until january and make sure he isnt injured.

It could also just be tactical that he hardly plays but I think that would be very naive to convince yourself of that. If he dont go in jan then he will be gone before the start of next season.

Id tell him to go to spain, he will probably get a fairer chance out there and would suit it. If he goes anywhere in england it should be liverpool or arsenal. He'd be mad to go chelsea or city, equally mad to waste his talent at spurs like dembele did because he was impatient and if zaha is anything to go by then I wouldnt fancy united either.

Its a shame but he has one foot out the door already im afraid
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Andy S

The reason he is not playing more is because of his age, his strength and his ability and his size. The boy has promise and that is all at the moment. If he was to stop growing now he would never get above the championship. Once he starts to fill out if he carries on the way he is going he will almost certainly walk in to a top team. But nobody is getting him on the cheap at the next transfer window

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Andy S on September 22, 2014, 09:09:15 AM
The reason he is not playing more is because of his age, his strength and his ability and his size. The boy has promise and that is all at the moment. If he was to stop growing now he would never get above the championship. Once he starts to fill out if he carries on the way he is going he will almost certainly walk in to a top team. But nobody is getting him on the cheap at the next transfer window

Hes 17 not 10. If youre good enough then youre old enough.....

if mr roberts is a world beater like we all including myself think he will be then he should play. Owen scored that great goal in the world cup at his age for england! Rooney was the star of the euros at a simialr age. You could argue that they burnt out young because they werent brought in slowly but why would fulham care about that? Football is now a business and we should care about the here and now. If we get the best out of him and make a nice profit at the cost of him burning out at 27/28 then so be it. Why are we gonna groom him and protect him for being young just to sell him to a big club anyway?

Like I said if youre good enough then youre old enough especially when the players ahead of him are average at best

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Burt

Hands off!

And time to have him in the starting line up more often, rather than as a sub when we are chasing a lost cause. We can all see he is good enough already, and will only get better with more time playing competitively.

Pie and mash

£10M and a loan back I'd take

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Pie and mash on September 22, 2014, 09:38:10 AM
£10M and a loan back I'd take

if you add in a 20 percent of his next sale id bite your hand off. He could be the next bale

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Pie and mash

Good point, sell on clause is a must