watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Felix Fights Back!!

Started by The Enclosurite, September 22, 2014, 09:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

He's trying to save some face because his career is probably finished after all these allegations and the catastrophic failure he was here, at least in England.

simplyfulham

Here's the thing with Felix.

All of the things he's ever written or said while in charge make sense and make you think we have a football genius on our hands...
After all, he speaks well. He talks sense and his football philosophies are sound.

However...

There seems to be a canyon between the things Felix says and Felix does. Someone brought up why we listen to one sided stories..  Well because of all the other crazy felix has done. Freezing players out of the team. Dropping players for very little reason. Playing 6'6 centre halves at full back for about an hour (was it?) - if it's not working so obviously Felix, switch it!

It's like he has a doppelgänger who comes out onto the pitch/training ground and does whatever the crap he feels like. Whilst the real, sensible, coherent and rational Felix is left in the corner of the kit room bound and gagged as doppelgänger Felix runs riot with our football club.

That's the main issue, and that's why we trust Brede over this loon.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Berserker on September 22, 2014, 10:47:37 PM
In my mind there a whole lot of people that have damaged Fulham over the last couple of years, Felix was just the icing on the cake

Hmmm too true.

Very very true.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

His English has got a hell of a lot better
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 23, 2014, 05:40:57 AM

haha I was thinking exactly the same thing. No way did he think of that himself
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Berserker

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 23, 2014, 07:05:44 AM

That's abit unfair. He probably thought it/said it, but somebody translated it properly into English
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

TonyGilroy

I don't care about the stories - to paraphrase slightly - It's the results, stupid.

Awful results mean he had to go. If his methods had achieved good results I wouldn't have cared who he upset, how or why.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Berserker on September 23, 2014, 08:01:32 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 23, 2014, 07:05:44 AM

That's abit unfair. He probably thought it/said it, but somebody translated it properly into English

Yeah I guess you're right. It was like al fayeds response to the felix comments, you could tell it was mo's thoughts but worded by someone who could make sense of it.

Bless them
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

aaronmcguigan

We can't really blame anyone re Magath. Magaths reputation was as a shock jock, doing things completely different to other managers, using fitness as a main driver, with supreme self confidence to boot.
All that showed through, but when Jol and Rene had their time in charge, our main area we were lacking in was fitness, Rene didnt do much different to Jol, and we needed something completely different, which is why a character like Magath was introduced. Logical appointment.

However, its completely illogical to give a relegated manager with no experience of the English lower divisions, English youth set up the time and trust to undergo a squad revamp focusing on youth. If i had known what direction Magath was going in , and its extremities, i would schedule pre season friendlies in double figures with XIs up and down the country, getting used to lower league opposition, standard of refereeing, stamina of 3 games in a week, physicality of opposition, all of which these guys seem unprepared for.
Doesnt come as a surprise that the only point we have has come against a team we have already played before under Magath, hence knew what to expect.

In my opinion, Magath should have gone in May and a new man have the whole summer and a transfer window to sort it out, which may well have resulted in a fresh approach, a clean slate etc which is easier in the summer, as we now have to turn over a new leaf inbetween games!

TonyGilroy

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on September 23, 2014, 09:44:01 AM

In my opinion, Magath should have gone in May and a new man have the whole summer and a transfer window to sort it out, which may well have resulted in a fresh approach, a clean slate etc which is easier in the summer, as we now have to turn over a new leaf inbetween games!

With hindsight of course but had Magath been sacked then we'd have been saying that he hadn't had a proper chance and that Khan had panicked again.

Unless of course his successor succeeded.

A successful manager is a brilliant appointment whereas a failure demonstrates the incompetence of those who appointed him. If only an appointment came with some sort of guarantee.

FFC1987

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 23, 2014, 09:54:30 AM
Quote from: aaronmcguigan on September 23, 2014, 09:44:01 AM

With hindsight of course but had Magath been sacked then we'd have been saying that he hadn't had a proper chance and that Khan had panicked again.

Unless of course his successor succeeded.

A successful manager is a brilliant appointment whereas a failure demonstrates the incompetence of those who appointed him. If only an appointment came with some sort of guarantee.

It's like that in any job though and when failure occurs we're held accountable for it.

Arthur

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 23, 2014, 11:09:41 AM
It's like that in any job though and when failure occurs we're held accountable for it.

Football isn't quite 'any job', however.

Ask any of the 72 Football League club chairmen to look ahead three years and they would, I am sure, be aiming for the 'success' of promotion. Yet, across the League as a whole, this is an impossible scenario. Only ten clubs can be promoted in any season. For every club that is promoted, moreover, another is relegated. Three years from now, there will still be 24 clubs in each Football League table; managers can't all meet the criterion of having steered their club to a higher division. In fact, the majority will have to fail.

I am struggling to think of other industries where there are so many competitors with such large workforces, the majority of which will not be successful over any given period of time.

nose

The stories are true, the stories are false, who really cares that much?
What is for sure is that we were a shambles and he was hopeless and needed to be chaged... and now he is gone I wish him well but his time will be remembered as a disaster. Nothing else counts!

Arthur

Quote from: nose on September 23, 2014, 04:23:12 PM
The stories are true, the stories are false, who really cares that much?

Seeing that the 'Felix Revelations' thread has more than 4600 views and has generated almost 100 replies, quite a number of people.

alfie

I am no supporter of Magath, but I do wonder how much exaggeration goes with these reports,  this cheese business, has Brede just not given the full facts or is it sour grapes and wants to make him look stupid, after all it may have just been FM saying it's an old wives remedy might be worth a try type of thing, my mum used to swear by the bread poultis method of reducing swelling, and lets be fair we know how the newspapers in this country take a story and ignore the content and just print the bits they know will cause controversy.
Anything that discredits FM is going to get jumped on and everyone suddenly believes everything the papers write.

Of course on the other hand it may well be all true.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Forever Fulham

Quote from: alfie on September 23, 2014, 05:21:35 PM
I am no supporter of Magath, but I do wonder how much exaggeration goes with these reports,  this cheese business, has Brede just not given the full facts or is it sour grapes and wants to make him look stupid, after all it may have just been FM saying it's an old wives remedy might be worth a try type of thing, my mum used to swear by the bread poultis method of reducing swelling, and lets be fair we know how the newspapers in this country take a story and ignore the content and just print the bits they know will cause controversy.
Anything that discredits FM is going to get jumped on and everyone suddenly believes everything the papers write.

Well, I'm glad we aren't still using leeches, or wrapping cuts in mud. 

alfie

Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 23, 2014, 07:19:47 PM

Well, I'm glad we aren't still using leeches, or wrapping cuts in mud. 

Well you would be wrong there my friend i work in Hospital and we do use leeches they are very very good at what they do.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

epsomraver

Come on Alfie, these are multi million pound investments you are talking about, I know for a fact that Fulham have superior treatment facilities to some of the top clubs, this is not the days of the wet sponge and bucket cure all, mind you that would stop a lot of this rolling around if they saw the trainer running on carrying said bucket!

Logicalman

In reality, the supposed post by Felix is all dross and misdirection. Who really cares whether he suggested cheese for Helgas knee, really?

Felix, you are in a results-based industry. You failed to deliver the results expected of you, and for which you were handsomely paid, and as in any other similar industry, you were fired for that, and that is what your reputation is based on, not talking about cheese, or other such rubbish.

Man up and post why you failed Fulham and its fans, only then will the faithful begin to understand what you are about and the irrelevant stories will take their correct place in the dross folder.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.