Previous topic - Next topic

The Enclosurite

From his Facebook page...

---

Felix Magath
43 minutes ago
English version

Dear Facebook Friends and Fans,

I wanted to take the time to write to you regarding recent reports and statements made by a former Fulham player Brede Hangeland. His portrayal of what was actually said, is so far from the truth, that it becomes laughable. He had an injury to the knee (inflammation) and I mentioned that he could try using an old technique of wrapping the knee with quark, which is used to decrease the inflammation. I would never tell a Doctor how he should manage the injury to a player, but it seems that this story has been wrongly told and blown completely out of context. I would like to make it clear that Hangeland´s statements are completely wrong and i must compliment the German Press, who always ask first before writing such nonsense.

It seems to me, that often players who are not performing on the pitch and are not in the spotlight, will make such ridiculous accusations. A world class player in the mold of Michael Ballack or Raul, would never ever make such statements, class speaks for itself.

I would also like to mention my apparent tough handling of my squad and staff. Steve Wigley a former employee and ex coach of Fulham and current coach of Notts Forest, who worked with me at Fulham stated recently, ´ I liked Felix, he was during my time with him, very good to me `

It is very important in my profession to be judged objectively, as i can imagine all of you would also expect. I have no problem with constructive criticism, but malicious gossip just goes too far in my opinion. And i will most certainly defend myself against a defamation of character, which is put out to damage my reputation.

Please feel free to send me an Email, i will be answering them on my Webpage shortly.

Thank you for you attention and support.

Regards.

Felix

www.magath.net
[email protected]
Twitter: @Magath_Fussball
¡COYW!

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Arthur

If the stories are false, or at least inaccurate, I do not blame Felix for fighting his corner. That he presided over a poor run of results is indisputable. It is, however, somewhat unedifying to see how readily some on here malign FM in whatever way takes their fancy on the basis of one-sided accounts which may not be true.

epsomraver

Strange he did not refute the fining of the youngsters and Parker paying the fine, the players being ostracised to another pitch and forbidden to talk to the others, only the cheese incident which to my mind is an irrelevance

Supermitch

He asked for questions so I asked one - this was the e-mail I sent:

"Only the one – why play a 6 foot 6 inches centre half at right back (where he'd never previously played) at Stoke last season against a speedy tricky winger?

That is the one question I'm sure a lot of supporters would like to be answered."

Not expecting an answer but........

epsomraver

Quote from: Supermitch on September 22, 2014, 10:06:52 PM
He asked for questions so I asked one - this was the e-mail I sent:

"Only the one – why play a 6 foot 6 inches centre half at right back (where he'd never previously played) at Stoke last season against a speedy tricky winger?

That is the one question I'm sure a lot of supporters would like to be answered."

Not expecting an answer but........

0001.jpeg

The Rock

Is this actually a serious post?!

064.gif

Good riddance FM. No questions, just go away, and stay away.

ron

If you want us to feel sorry for you Felix, well, it's hard cheese old boy....

dannyboi-ffc

If its not true then I dont blame him for defending himself.....however..... once again he has chosen to use words that question the integrity and class of a fulham legend. He did it with al fayed and now with brede. Fair enough make your point but there are too many stories through out his career that suggest he is the last person who should be criticising someone's class.

The raul chess nut was used when he joined in feb, this is a guy who has been in management for years and was at bayern munich, is he suggesting only two players liked him?

I couldnt really care less about the man, I dont like him and I wish he'd just crawl back into his cave and leave fulham alone. Hes caused enougg damage already.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Berserker

In my mind there a whole lot of people that have damaged Fulham over the last couple of years, Felix was just the icing on the cake
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Forever Fulham

Translation:

I've been found out, so I'm going to obfuscate and say I only suggested wrapping it with quark.  Does anyone really believe that?!  Either  he sent someone to fetch a block of cheese, or he didn't.  But reducing it down to just a reference about "quark" is, I think, disingenuous on his part...   Then he suggests the speaker can't be trusted, because he was struggling and not of a world class caliber, citing Balack and Raul as player who, he intimates, would never make such statements to the press.  And for his defense against claims he was abusive to players and staff, he lists one person's name and purported testimony that Felix was "very good to me."  Well, then, let's look no further, listen to no one else.  We have Felix's word that one person's "very good to me" is a viable proxy for all those who ever played under him.  Let's ignore what we've heard coming out of German clubs he once managed.  Let's ignore what more than one former Fulham player has had to say about him.  We should instead put all of our trust in Steve Wigley's "very good to me" comment, as claimed by Magath, and project out to the larger population he has managed over the years.  And then Mr. Classy ends with a veiled threat of a libel action if more of same is published.  He won't just go away quietly, will he?  Yuck.

Whitesideup

For God's sake Felix .. what do you think "quark" is ? It's a soft cheese made from skimmed milk curd. Ok so it's not Emmenthal.... but his version sounds incredibly like Hangeland's. I don't think the team doctor agreed, "But of course quark ..and there was I thinking you meant Philadelphia".

And a lot on this forum blamed Hangeland for being less than enthusiastic in committing himself to the cause of Magath. 

H4usuallysitting

I cant use Facebook (don't really know what it is), and like him I like fact....can someone ask him why we used 29 players in 7 games under him this season including 3 goalkeepers, and let in 18 goals - thank you in advance for your assistance

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 22, 2014, 10:56:43 PM
I cant use Facebook (don't really know what it is), and like him I like fact....can someone ask him why we used 29 players in 7 games under him this season including 3 goalkeepers, and let in 18 goals - thank you in advance for your assistance

That ones easy to answer, we were in transition and everyone deserved a chance to play............

Never mind 3 goalkeepers, he used 5 in the 18 games he was in charge. The man didnt have a clue and anyone who told him so was either sold or punished. Im so glad he is gone,  I dont think ive ever disliked someone at fulham that much before.

Ali mac should go just for that mistake by itself let alone the 100 others before that.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

K33NY

I wish all the Felix talk would have ended.... I understand people who wants to ofcourse, I just personally get misserable hearing hes name and want to move on... a dream for me now would be a board free from Felix Magath anywhere on it :P

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Oh my my
Surprise, surprise, this smacks of yet more "it's not my fault says Felix"
But then he always said it wasn't his fault, it was always someone else in the wrong or to blame
I am actually starting to think the wretched man is a bully & a coward
He loves the plaudits (not that he ever achieved anything with or for us) but refuses to take the blame, always quoting past successes but failing miserably with us
Sadly Felix you were a complete & utter useless manager for us, one of the very worst we have ever had
& I think you just blinked first!

aaronmcguigan

The fines question was answered too, it was mesca 750 and hyndman 1250, and no money was actually ever paid

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Oh it gets better !!!

Sönke Gorgos ‏@MrFulham  3h
Felix #Magath has obtained an interim order against English newspapers who claimed that he had established a 'terror regime' at #Fulham.

Cheesegate had got legs !!!!!

F(f)CUK

The Quarks were a failed replacement for the daleks on Dr Who on an episode called the dominators.  I assume that he did not one of those to sit on Hangeland's lap?