News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Given that we are playing a league ONE side today...

Started by Black, White and Fred, September 23, 2014, 01:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black, White and Fred

Does anyone think that Kit will play some unused players/youngsters in an attempt to rest the overall squad? Or do we think Kit should treat this a sort of momentum builder, get the first team with a win under their belt to get the ball rolling and that winning feeling back?
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

aaronmcguigan

Black, White and Fred

'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

aaronmcguigan

frankly if he picked either strategy and went for it, with a bit of passion and belief, then I'd take it. I don't think its about rest, i think the experimentation felix done needs to happen , but this time in a healthier nicer environment, where players are encouraged and driven to do well for a manager who knows them. Players like Hyndman and ROberts etc will be driven by confidence their manager puts into their progression and development so I think trying them out from the start wouldnt hurt, I also dont see why we use 99 players in a few games but Trotta cant get a sniff, yet plays every u21 match. Surely him and Dembele and co can rotate so Trotta can at least warm the bench a few times to get him experience and maybe stick him on for a while.

On the other hand, sticking with the same team will give the whole team a bit of confidence and a bit of stability, creating an environment for the players of "you do well, I'll reward you."

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on September 23, 2014, 01:36:54 AM
frankly if he picked either strategy and went for it, with a bit of passion and belief, then I'd take it. I don't think its about rest, i think the experimentation felix done needs to happen , but this time in a healthier nicer environment, where players are encouraged and driven to do well for a manager who knows them. Players like Hyndman and ROberts etc will be driven by confidence their manager puts into their progression and development so I think trying them out from the start wouldnt hurt, I also dont see why we use 99 players in a few games but Trotta cant get a sniff, yet plays every u21 match. Surely him and Dembele and co can rotate so Trotta can at least warm the bench a few times to get him experience and maybe stick him on for a while.

On the other hand, sticking with the same team will give the whole team a bit of confidence and a bit of stability, creating an environment for the players of "you do well, I'll reward you."

That header agaisnt WetSpam's U21 was a cracker

Friedrich Nietzsche

dannyboi-ffc

If I was kit I would forget setting up to play doncaster, i would play the shape/line up we will be using for birmingham. Hopefully we get a win which will breed confidence and we will also have had a competitive game at practising our strategy for the brum.

I dont think juggling the team is the best idea considering we havent won in the league yet and the key word from kit was stability. Maybe parker, mcormack  and hoogland only play 60minutes and then bring om hyndman woodrow and voser because they are a bit older and played most minutes but I dont want massive changes
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Max Headroom

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on September 23, 2014, 02:21:41 AM

It was but the cross from Evans made his job fairly easy....

Jack Fulham

I wouldn't put much emphasis on the ONE considering we're only one place above that division, the team need confidence so hopefully we will play a strong side.

Wingnut

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

filham

"Give unused players a chance"???, surely we have just about used them all.

At the moment we have one foot in division one so tonight we need to win mainly as a confidence booster to both players and fans but also another step towards a Wembley final would be encouraging.

Time to stop tinkering and start team building, lets see our best team out tonight with a view to scoring a few goals, we have seen but one goal at the Cottage so far this season.

TheManOnTheBus

Yes - obviously Budorov for Hutch, and rest Parker (the old man). Otherwise, no tinkering.

Lets get Bryan/Ross/Hugo firing together.

shnlwswlkr

Hopefully field a strong team and get a few goals in with a clean sheet!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Apprentice to the Maestro

Play near our best team, one close to that for Birmingham.

As TheManOnTheBus says you might rest Parker and play Hoogland as CDM.

Also, although Rodellega works hard he is not a target man and we struggled to get decent balls to him and to McCormack. I might try McCormack in the centre with Ruiz behind him and Hyndman in midfield and try to play more balls along the floor.

Lighthouse

A defeat will do Kit no good in his bid for managerial success. He has to field a team that he thinks will win and gain confidence. A win tonight (only the second all season) is so important.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose

Play to win, put out the best team subject only to injuries.

Martinsback

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on September 23, 2014, 12:39:33 PM
Hopefully field a strong team and get a few goals in with a clean sheet!

Who are our strongest players? How many would win a bench press competition? I doubt many could push Costa at Chelsea around...

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on September 23, 2014, 12:22:39 PM
Yes - obviously Budorov for Hutch, and rest Parker (the old man). Otherwise, no tinkering.

Lets get Bryan/Ross/Hugo firing together.

The way he's been playing I should imagine Parker will  'insist' that he plays tonight.
He wants to be in the thick of things and help the piglets in their adjustment to this
level.  Like a sort of Mother Hen figure ensuring continuity.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES