watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Eidur GudJohnsen To Fulham?

Started by White Noise, June 27, 2010, 12:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Fulham-to-poach-Eidur-Gudjohnsen-as-Tottenham-dally-over-deal-article495993.html

Fulham to poach Gudjohnsen as Spurs dally

Published 23:00 26/06/10

By Paul Smith

Eidur Gudjohnsen is poised to join Fulham unless Tottenham intervene either to extend his loan deal or sign him permanently from French club Monaco.

Gudjohnsen has been left in limbo at White Hart Lane despite the club's promise to thrash out a new deal if they qualified for the Champions League.

The Icelandic striker has become increasingly frustrated by the situation, prompting Fulham, Stoke and Blackburn to tempt him to leave and sign for them instead.

Chairman Daniel Levy has refused to sign off the deal for the former ­Bolton, Chelsea and Barcelona star while Tottenham attempt to off-load some key squad players including Robbie Keane.

While Gudjohnsen was happy to remain at Tottenham and has ruled out a return to Monaco, unless there is a significant movement in the next few weeks he is likely to review his position.

And Fulham, finalists in the Europa League this season, are favourites to secure his signature.

A move to either Stoke or Blackburn is likely to be ruled out because Gudjohnsen has become settled in his rented accommodation in London.

At the moment he is being forced to commute from the capital back to Barcelona, where his family have remained since he left the Spanish giants.

His two young sons Svein and Andri-Lucas are also in the Barcelona football ­academy. Fulham manager Roy Hodgson, who has been strongly linked with the ­Liverpool post ­vacated by Rafael Benitez, has been ­intricately involved in negotiations with Gudjohnsen's advisers about a move to Craven Cottage.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is far from happy with developments and urged Levy to tie up a deal with Gudjohnsen or risk ­losing him to one of their rivals.

mike_f

Nice of Roy to spend a big bit of a budget on a player our new manager mightn't even want - c***

F*** off Roy.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: mike_f on June 27, 2010, 10:27:57 AM
Nice of Roy to spend a big bit of a budget on a player our new manager mightn't even want - c***

F*** off Roy.

Mike, this deal is never ever going to happen, I'm 100% sure there's no truth in it and it's just another attempt by the papers at stirring a bit f gossip, albeit boring gossip. But I agree, if you are going Roy, you'd better make my mind up sharpish as this hesitation is doing the club no favours

ImperialWhite

A thought: I read that Roy wanted to sign, but with the inclusion of an "England job" clause; Liverpool were worried that Cappello might be sacked so are stalling until it becomes clearer how well England do.

I reckon that if England win today (and the World Cup can thus be considered a success, well, not a failure anyway) they might grant his England clause wish and Roy will sign. We'll read about it in the papers tomorrow if we can be bothered to trawl through 4-5 pages of 'England are going to win the World Cup' type nonsense.

epsomraver

F*** off Roy.
Nice thoughts from a true Fulham fan! never mind that 1) he has not said a word about going, 2) he has been the best manager this club has had and we have had some great ones over the years, if you want to swear and rant try cottage corner, more your style.

Dugliss

Quote from: epsomraver on June 27, 2010, 11:04:23 AM

F*** off Roy.
Nice thoughts from a true Fulham fan! never mind that 1) he has not said a word about going, 2) he has been the best manager this club has had and we have had some great ones over the years, if you want to swear and rant try cottage corner, more your style.

+1

bobby01

Quote from: Dugliss on June 27, 2010, 11:17:57 AM

F*** off Roy.

+1

+2
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

mike_f

F*** off Roy.
:005:

So just because I have a different opinion to you, you think you are a truer Fulham fan than me? How petty and juvenile, grow up.

Yes, I agree Roy is Fulhams greatest ever manager however that doesn't make me a sycophant of Roy. I keep perspective and won't bend over to the mainstream way of thinking. Roy is a very very good manager but certainly isn't without flaws. How many games have we won away? How many transfers has he got wrong? How many times have we lost a game because he didn't make a sub?

The  two years we have had with Roy ushered in an epoch of professionalism and good will, however what he is doing now is leaving a visible stain on what Roy has achieved at Fulham. He should resign or say that he is staying instead of using Fulham as toilet paper.

And don't be so obnoxious epsomraver, cursing is part of every day life.

mike_f

Quote from: bobby01 on June 27, 2010, 11:25:27 AM
Quote from: Dugliss on June 27, 2010, 11:17:57 AM

F*** off Roy.

+1

+2

Do you have anything to add to the discussion or are you quite content adding numbers?

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: mike_f on June 27, 2010, 11:32:24 AM

F*** off Roy.

So just because I have a different opinion to you, you think you are a truer Fulham fan than me? How petty and juvenile, grow up.

Yes, I agree Roy is Fulhams greatest ever manager however that doesn't make me a sycophant of Roy. I keep perspective and won't bend over to the mainstream way of thinking. Roy is a very very good manager but certainly isn't without flaws. How many games have we won away? How many transfers has he got wrong? How many times have we lost a game because he didn't make a sub?

The  two years we have had with Roy ushered in an epoch of professionalism and good will, however what he is doing now is leaving a visible stain on what Roy has achieved at Fulham. He should resign or say that he is staying instead of using Fulham as toilet paper.

I'm with you Mike, agree with everything you just said

Lighthouse

This thread proves beyond doubt what damage Roy and the clubs lack of official statements is doing. Players will not sign for a club without a manager. We really don't have one now. Part of any company that relies on the public for part of its income would not have allowed rumours to be printed for THIS LONG if they were so far from the mark. IT IS ROYS AND THE CLUBS JOB TO DENY THINGS AS MANY TIMES AS IT TAKES. If there was something to deny.

If after all this it appears to be costing Fulham business, Roys marvelous contribution to our history will be soured. Which would be a shame for him but mostly a shame for us, the fans of the club.

So thanks Roy a million times over for being part of our best and most successful era. Don't spoil the memory any longer.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ScalleysDad

In May we were united and basking in national recognition. I never ever thought I would see 'Next Home Game - Juventus' above the gate and strolling down the Reeperbaun was surreal. Roy might go, he might not. He will certainly be remembered for last season for quite a while but greatest ever over the last couple of decades??????????? Mickey Adams could have been, Tigana was instrumental in a massive turmaround but will be forever labelled with Marlet, Keegan had a fair few moments  and we loved Cookie to begin with. Roy got us to Hamburg and we beat Manure and Pool. We lost to the likes of Stoke, Hull and Blackburn and never got to see some of the purchases because they were rubbish so I'd say no to this iconic status but yes and thanks, if he is to go, for a memorable year. Did Roy really plan the great escape. Cutting it a bit fine if it was a plan.
Its really sad how the angst is spilling out across the board. If Roy stays and builds on this 'work in progress' I'm all for it. If he goes so what. The biggest problem will be retaining the solidarity in the changing room. Schwarz going could spell trouble although James is clever enough not to affect the Karma. However if Brede goes we don't have a replacement lined up and thats where the problems will begin. Senderos is a Roy player and signing. Next man in might not want him.

Lets reunite everybody. Its Brentford away soon enough and then fortress Bournemouth and then those rascals from the motherland.  

epsomraver

F*** off Roy.   

You are entitled to your opinion  we all are, but you might notice that your contribution stands out and shows your childishness by the fact that you cannot make your point without swearing

finnster01

Why bother with him? What value will he bring?

He will be 32 in September, is the same type of player as Bobby Z, hasn't done anything since he left Blue Pooh and that in itself is a big issue for me personally, which is 4-5 years ago.

We can do better than that.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

mike_f

Quote from: epsomraver on June 27, 2010, 12:46:00 PM

F*** off Roy.   

You are entitled to your opinion  we all are, but you might notice that your contribution stands out and shows your childishness by the fact that you cannot make your point without swearing
All right, sorry.

manxman

worth a punt i reckon, not many people wanted etuhu at the start. :015:
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

bigalffc

If Roy were staying I'd say great because he can make ordinary players part of  good team. Please stay Roy!
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum