watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Young Players

Started by fulhamjay, September 23, 2014, 05:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamjay

Is anyone here like me worried about bringing some of the young players up now, Like in January when the transfer window reopens I really don't think we be able to keep hold of Patrick Roberts with the likes of Manchester United and City And Arsenal all looking at him, But if Emerson Hyndman keeps playing the way he is clubs may look at him as well, And we also have George Williams Who Chris Coleman Has called the new Gareth Bale, Lets Face big clubs are not bringing up talent like they once did.

Jack Fulham

These players still have a lot to prove so I don't think any clubs will come rushing in just yet unless they're willing make an offer similar to one United made when they signed Smalling. Big clubs are bringing up talent but they require ready made talent so the young players don't really get the chance. We won't hold on to these players forever but I think they will want to prove themselves and gain experience first.

Talking of young players however, I see Muamer Tankovic has scored 2 goals in 4 appearances for Az Alkmaar.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Any player at our club will get their heads turned, regardless. Players have left for lesser teams than the "big ones" but it's how we play them at their game. If we end up getting £15 million for a youngster who hasn't reached their potential, then so be it. Could work out well, but could also work out badly (Smalling being the perfect example!). I would also like to believe that a few of the youngsters nowadays, see what happens to players once they go to a Man Utd/Man City/Chelsea and don't get any games but just a huge pay packet. Didn't Rodwell come out and say he recommends all youngsters avoid signing for City because it stunts their development.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

HatterDon

I think our best scenario is to maintain our Championship status this season and use the youngsters as much as possible. Then, over the summer, sell Patrick Roberts for as much as we can. We can then use the funds to get us a couple of experienced pros who will help us win promotion.

Hyndman's market value would only be 1/5th of Roberts, and David's only about 1/3rd. If he has a good season with us, Roberts could be our record transfer out and the money could put us back up. Hyndman and David have huge potential going forward, but only an English player will get the huge transfer fee at this point in his career.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Nero

just get them to sit down with Sean Davis let him tell them what its like a these so called big clubs

fulhamben

hmm 40k a week to sit on man uniteds bench, or 5 k to sit on ours.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

colcliff

what really annoys me is that there are a lot of talented youngsters ( many of them English ) who start to break into the first teams and are then brought by the big clubs, who then proceed  to put them back into either their reserves or under 21 sides
2 years later they loan them out to teams in divisions lower than where  they got them from
3 years later they say they have not developed as we expected and release them and another English potential falls by the wayside and is replaced normally by a foreign  transfer
while the money is always good for the club involved it does not always benefit the player although most want to move for the money and prestige
I think that the FA should bring in a ruling that if a young player is brought by a premier club and is then not used  for 10% of their games that season he should be allowed a free transfer
it would at least stop top teams just buying players just to stop someone else getting them

domprague

With some - such as Scott Sinclair - I wonder if they like playing football week in week out. I bet there are plenty of people who would jump at the offer of being paid without having to do their full work duties. Those who are hungry for games will move. Those who won't will stay and watch the pension grow.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.