watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham to go up, and win the Milk Cup!

Started by Nick Bateman, September 24, 2014, 10:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Things are slowly turning and improving from the abyss Magath created, not just with the results, but DEVASTATING the quality squad he inherited. 

Now Fulham have a home draw against Derby County - I would use the Milk Cup as a 'springboard' to achieving our goals in the league, and I see no conflict maintaining the former competition.

Last season I argued similarly regarding the FA Cup when we were at the later stages, as we are here.  Earlier on in both cup challenges it may be sensible to play a reserve team as one has little chance of winning it, but as the draw favours your team, one must re-evaluate and see it is worth making a 'fist' of it.

Home to Derby is a clear winnable game which would take us into the last 8.

Playing a weakened team would be sheer stupidity - it's not as though we have Champions League games to concentrate on, only this, the FA Cup and the league.  Last time at the advanced stage we tried to be 'clever' in the end went to replay and played our first team and lost and subsequently were relegated.  So this time around we should go for it, in my view.

Finally, I enjoyed watching Swansea the other night, don't know if any of you have heard; "What do you get if you cross a Footballer with a Shaolin Priest??  Garry Monk.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

hovewhite

Inherited a quality squad ,at oap level maybe.I am not saying felix is good manager coach whatever YOU experts say,but he did what needed to be done as age affects performance even if the spirits willing and you may think everyone else hasn't your intelligence but us little people have an opinion as well. Jog on!!