watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Disallowed Goals - Non-given goals

Started by Steve_orino, June 27, 2010, 05:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_orino

Since the Bladder man won't give in to technology...

What if Football painted/installed a turf that was different than green?  A darker color so that if the ball crossed the LINE, it would allow the 3/4 people that NEED TO SEE whether or not it was a goal, the ability to see the contrast.

Just an idea...I know FIFA would shoot it down as anything to improve upon the game is looked down upon.

But hey, something needs to be done!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

BarryP

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Ag

Hockey did it in reverse by painting the crease blue.  I assume you're talking about the area in the goal, not outside of it.

Either way, using available technology would be far more logical.  Hell, even Bud Selig gets it.

Steve_orino

Quote from: Ag on June 27, 2010, 05:44:25 PM
Hockey did it in reverse by painting the crease blue.  I assume you're talking about the area in the goal, not outside of it.
Either way, using available technology would be far more logical.  Hell, even Bud Selig gets it.

Correct, the area inside the goal. 

I feel like something has to be done - it's obvious to me that the current set up doesn't get it right - and that's what any supporter wants, is for the results to be, at the least, right.
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

GoldCoastWhite

Why is it that truly remarkable human beings like Gandhi and Martin Luther King get assassinated and Sepp Blatter keeps getting re-elected ?

Peabody

That is a very good idea Steve but Mr Blatter would look on that as modern technology

Steve_orino

Quote from: Peabody on June 27, 2010, 07:16:21 PM
That is a very good idea Steve but Mr Blatter would look on that as modern technology

Come on Mr. Peabody, even some spray paint would work for me...although I agree with you, even that would be too modern.   :doh:
@Borino09

Jimbobob

Quote from: Steve_orino on June 27, 2010, 05:07:02 PM
Since the Bladder man won't give in to technology...
What if Football painted/installed a turf that was different than green?  A darker color so that if the ball crossed the LINE, it would allow the 3/4 people that NEED TO SEE whether or not it was a goal, the ability to see the contrast.
Just an idea...I know FIFA would shoot it down as anything to improve upon the game is looked down upon.
But hey, something needs to be done!
:023: :026: :023:
Steve_orino: What can be said? This was NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!! The ball was a good yard behind the line but no one "saw" it. Tevez was a mile offside but no one "saw" it. These errors are so egregious that one can only think it is a criminal enterprise. You have to TRY to be this incompetent. 2-2 at half and this is a totally different match. Was Germany better?.. maybe yes who knows??? I din't think they would have "folded" as James said. (He was one to talk after that performance.) We will never know because it was NOT 2-2 at half as it SHOULD HAVE BEEN.
Your idea is at least something but the lack of replay at least on goals is just too ignorant, stupid, or again criminal to explain. FIFA is a joke in this regard ..period.. end of story...maybe they could take your idea at least it would not require "technology" . This was a very bad day for this sport.
But nothing will change..FIFA is a big pile of SH$T....... :020: :020: :020:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Ichabod Magoo

On Tevez goal, I think the referee saw the replay on the scoreboard and went to the assistant referee to give him the opportunity to say he screwed up by not raising the flag for offsides.  Unfortunately the assistant had no guts.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Burt

I don't get it.

The ability to have instant replays for crucial decisions is a no-brainer.

Lighthouse

Very simple. Where there is provision to have a fourth referee by a monitor, he will be allowed to inform the referee on the pitch if a goal or major incident is to be called into question.

Not every tennis court has Hawkeye or every Rugby Ground or cricket ground provision for technology. So one doesn't have to make it a general rule. But during the World Cup and most top games there is NO REASON not to have it.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LRCN

with video replays, where do you stop? Why is a handball to control in the box then score (ala henry) more important than a handball by a player who then plays a crossfield ball to a wide man who passes to the fullback who crosses it in to someone who nods it down for a player to volley it it in? A foul is a foul so you can't bring in video replays for specific fouls, you have to do it for every one, and that's why it's just not practical. you can't give a manager 3 tries for video replays either because that can be taken advantage of (say a teams about to counter, and the other team's boss asks for a replay just to stop the game. how's that fair?). Not to mention the biggest attraction to football is the pace and flow of the game, how crap would it be to stop for 30 seconds every 5 minutes? then there's the lower league argument, I haven't read the topic but I guess that's been argued enough already

Lighthouse

Lork you are creating problems where there are none. Where it is possible for the fourth official to see a monitor he should be allowed to draw the referees attention to any incident he sees fit. Managers of clubs will not be allowed to approach the fourth official for any incident missed by him. It will not be universally fair but fairer.

ImperialWhite

Video replays with fouls might disrupt the nature of the game, but would goal line technology affect it?

Yesterday, a quick glance at a telly by the 4th official, then let the ref know - "you've made a mistake, award a goal and restart play" - you would have lost a minute at most. These mistakes happen so rarely (relatively speaking) the nature of the game would hardly change at all.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Therew are goals and misses.  There is no such thing as a disallowed goal...

SoCalJoe

I know way too much to ask for anything logical from FIFA, but isn't about getting the call right? They easily could put in guidelines on what is reviewable or not. Those 2 horrendous mistakes yestarday should certainly be able to be reversed.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

FC Silver Fox

Sepp Blatter's remark about technology costing too much and having to have additional personnel is an absolute joke. They've already got a FIFA official watching a monitor and deciding if a particular period of play can be displayed on the big screen during the game. FIFA don't want to show anything that could influence the ref or linesmen or have an inflammatory effect on the crowd.  For example, they didn't show the replay of Lampard's goal on the big screen. The FIFA official got it wrong in the Argentina game though. He showed the Tevez goal where he was clearly offside.
All FIFA needs to do is give this bloke a microphone so that he can talk to the ref. He needs to be a qualified ref too (preferably).  How much will that cost?   Peanuts.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

LRCN

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 28, 2010, 01:00:08 PM
Lork you are creating problems where there are none. Where it is possible for the fourth official to see a monitor he should be allowed to draw the referees attention to any incident he sees fit. Managers of clubs will not be allowed to approach the fourth official for any incident missed by him. It will not be universally fair but fairer.

so he's watching a game and there isn't an instant replay of the foul (which happens quite often, especially if a team's attacking). what then?

Lighthouse

Lork already explained, it is not open to appeal but for the fourth officiial to draw the attention to the referee if he wishes to. If there is no replay then he has nothing to report.

Otherwise we will have to have goal line technology for all major games. Like every other sport. My suggestion was a half way house. But clearly if you see a major  incident that is clearly in error on electronic media, within seconds, where the game has stopped anyway, why not be able to correct it.

If the fourth official doesn't, he can't report it.

Steve_orino

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on June 28, 2010, 04:26:57 PM
Therew are goals and misses.  There is no such thing as a disallowed goal...

Sorry you don't like my terminology but I know this...Edu & Lampard didn't miss but they didn't score goals either.
@Borino09