watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz off and we dominate

Started by Zu-Meister, September 27, 2014, 05:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

Sorry but Woodrow has started several times this season and has shown absolutely nothing. He's a good option to bring in when we need a bit of energy but certainly not a player we should start with.

Ruiz would work best in the following fluid front four with the ball played along the ground. This formation would also allow us to move to a 4-3-3 when attacking and deep into an 4-5-1 when defending.

David   Ruiz   McCormack
           Rodallega

MJG

One of the problems with Woodrow in earlier games is once again Magath did not play a player in his best position.
He is the second striker,  behind the main one. Exactly how Symons employed him yesterday.
In a couple of games he's been played as the point man,  and it's not his role. This is difference with Symons being in charge.... He knows how to get the younger ones playing.

Deanothefulhamfan

I have to disagree with you completley Pluto. When he has been on the pitch we have played our best football. Ipswich Last 20, Cardiff at home and Bham away last 30.

I would say he is the most creative attacking player we have in the team.

Captain Fulhamerica

Quote from: ..FOF.. on September 28, 2014, 10:03:12 AM
Probably better as sub?... bring him in when needed towards the last quarter of the game, maybe.

He gives the ball away too often to start, especially for a team that's looking to control position like we are. I think as long as he's at the club he's too talented to completely discard. Leaving him on the bench to come on late in games if we're trailing makes the most sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zu-Meister

Having started this thread with few words, i will expand and summarise.

1) Ruiz is a talented player. But only flourishes when given space and time to pick a pass. David on the other hand is able to use his agility to make space for himself, and the speed with which he picks out a pass has really impressed me.

2) Ruiz slows down play when he hold possession of the ball. And his rushed forward passes rarely hit the target. David has an assured left foot and is a very direct player, his first thought is attack, find space, pass or shoot. Ruiz thinks about possession more. But in the Championship, David's style wins.

3) Ruiz loses the ball in dangerous positions. When he drops deep to look for possession, often he is caught and loses the ball thus setting up the oppositions counter attacks. This has been happening every game he has played since joining.

4) Ruiz is scared of physical contact. Doesnt challenge in an aerial duel, despite his height, hardly ever wins the ball. Doesnt tackle. And loses the ball as mentioned before due to lack of strength to shield the ball.

5) Ruiz works hard but is ineffective. I admit that he is a hard working player, he covers the ground. But he doesnt do anything with it. Here i am focusing on his defensive play. He tracks back but never puts the tackle in.

He is no doubt a talented player, but too lightweight for us or for english football. it is no surprise that his best games for us have come against Arsenal.

I sincerely wish Kit would see this fact, especially considering the fact that he has subbed him in the last three games.

Chris David is the man. He is a brilliant footballer. And I was very much looking forward to see him play this season. Dissapointed so far in Kit that he has not used him yet. Hopefully vs Bolton.......

MJG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 30, 2014, 02:30:43 PM
So it's fairly unanimous Ruiz runs the line tomorrow night, agreed ?
Would he be able to keep up with play?

Ok cheap shot I know.

love4ffc

Quote from: Zu-Meister on September 27, 2014, 05:17:53 PM
He is useless in english football. David far superior option to him.

It must be very hard to be a professional footballer in today's world.  In the old days players would get stick from fans, crowds, radio and newspapers.  Now they get it from all of those plus internet, twitter, facebook, forums (like this one) and the numerous sports programs on the telly.  One now a days is hounded every where he turns. 

Ruiz is a fantastic footballer who is being played wrong.  Currently we are not set up to utilize him properly.  Would love to see us go more with a 4-2-3-1 shape.  Drop Ruiz in just behind the striker. 

In an ideal situation I'd like to see just for once this formation, line-up and subs. 

Bettinelli

Hoogland------Bodurov-----Burn-------Amorebieta

------------Parker ------------ Stafylidis-------------

Eisfeld----------------Ruiz------------------McCormack   

Smith

Subs:
Roberts for Eisfeld
Woodrow for Smith
David For Ruiz 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

MrProphet

Quote from: love4ffc on September 30, 2014, 04:42:40 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on September 27, 2014, 05:17:53 PM
He is useless in english football. David far superior option to him.

It must be very hard to be a professional footballer in today's world.  In the old days players would get stick from fans, crowds, radio and newspapers.  Now they get it from all of those plus internet, twitter, facebook, forums (like this one) and the numerous sports programs on the telly.  One now a days is hounded every where he turns. 

Ruiz is a fantastic footballer who is being played wrong.  Currently we are not set up to utilize him properly.  Would love to see us go more with a 4-2-3-1 shape.  Drop Ruiz in just behind the striker. 

In an ideal situation I'd like to see just for once this formation, line-up and subs. 

Bettinelli

Hoogland------Bodurov-----Burn-------Amorebieta

------------Parker ------------ Stafylidis-------------

Eisfeld----------------Ruiz------------------McCormack   

Smith

Subs:
Roberts for Eisfeld
Woodrow for Smith
David For Ruiz 

I have no sympathy the interest and ultimately money that everyone pumps in means that after he's read the opinions of the fans he still walks home with more money in a week then the vast majority earn in a year.

I don't buy the wrong position argument his faults such as dwelling on the ball and lack of fight won't change where ever you put him. If you are going with that argument though then why would you put Eisfeld ( a number 10) or mccormack (leading goalscorer in the league last year) on the wings?

We shouldn't be building a team around someone who has given little to support the fact that he will ever be effective in the English game and who has one year left on his contract and won't be signing a new one.

Forever Fulham

PSG finally beat Barcelona in the Champions League without PSG's Zlatan (out with a heel injury), 3-2.  I guess not having one of the world's three best players on the pitch that day made all the difference for PSG in finally winning against Barcelona.  The basic premise of this string is faulty.  I have coworkers who don't think Ozil is all that good.  They don't see how he is quietly affecting the game for Arsenal (or Germany). Bryan is simply our best player.  He should be in the Number 10 position, not on the sides.  He should be moving up and down the spine with players who are committed to advancing the ball, taking risks in the process, instead of this chicken ____ game of sideways and back passing.  We have quickness we didn't have last season.  We have dribblers and possessors this season.  Who don't fatigue at the 60 minute mark.  Just widen the field, put him in the center, put McCormack slightly above him and to the left, Smith up top center, and David up right.  Find a way to get two other mids to play wide and roam up and down.  Now you're dangerous.

ron

I think we'll just have to put Ruiz into the  "Fulham FC Hall of Unfame", where his picture can hang alongside such heroes as Etuhu (a hero of the short pass), Marlet (for his legendary upper body unstrength), Large ( erm...err...) et al.

Their hero status to a man will be inversely proportionate to the amount they offered this club.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: ron on September 30, 2014, 11:40:54 PM
I think we'll just have to put Ruiz into the  "Fulham FC Hall of Unfame", where his picture can hang alongside such heroes as Etuhu (a hero of the short pass), Marlet (for his legendary upper body unstrength), Large ( erm...err...) et al.

Their hero status to a man will be inversely proportionate to the amount they offered this club.
Why not move Juan Mata to center back so his team's fans can declare him "useless in the English game".  Also, I'm trying to remember when Etuhu or Marlet captained their respective national teams to the quarterfinals of the WC.  When was the last time any player who wore a Fulham jersey started for England?  Or made the quarterfinals of the WC for their national team?  I could go on, but your mind appears made up and locked down.

ron

Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 30, 2014, 11:54:12 PM
Quote from: ron on September 30, 2014, 11:40:54 PM
I think we'll just have to put Ruiz into the  "Fulham FC Hall of Unfame", where his picture can hang alongside such heroes as Etuhu (a hero of the short pass), Marlet (for his legendary upper body unstrength), Large ( erm...err...) et al.

Why not move Juan Mata to center back so his team's fans can declare him "useless in the English game".  Also, I'm trying to remember when Etuhu or Marlet captained their respective national teams to the quarterfinals of the WC.  When was the last time any player who wore a Fulham jersey started for England?  Or made the quarterfinals of the WC for their national team?  I could go on, but your mind appears made up and locked down.

Well, for a start, a player who wore the Fulham jersey featured in a world cup winning side once......and another rather well known one got to the quarters...

...but this is about Fulham. The assertion that is often made on here is that Ruiz is our (i.e. Fulham's) best player.  He isn't. He so isn't , as they say nowadays.

Zu-Meister

He has played number 10 for the last 3 games.......

MJG

Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 30, 2014, 11:27:03 PM
Just widen the field, put him in the center, put McCormack slightly above him and to the left, Smith up top center, and David up right.  Find a way to get two other mids to play wide and roam up and down.  Now you're dangerous.

So you have Ruiz in Centre
McCormack in front to left
Smith up top
David to his right

& two other midfielders to play wide. 

So thats your midfield & front 6 players......not sure who will do any defending in that formation?

RaySmith

Felix not playing Ruiz was a big controversy amongst fans and media.

Kit was immediately applauded for bringing him back into fold - and he is right in saying that no one should be excluded -but I think he has felt under some pressure to give Ruiz a chance.

But Ruiz doesn't seem to have greatly impressed, and other players might be better playing in his place.......but maybe Kit might think he should have more chances, or at least be on the bench.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Zu-Meister on September 30, 2014, 01:31:57 PM
Having started this thread with few words, i will expand and summarise.

1) Ruiz is a talented player. But only flourishes when given space and time to pick a pass. David on the other hand is able to use his agility to make space for himself, and the speed with which he picks out a pass has really impressed me.

2) Ruiz slows down play when he hold possession of the ball. And his rushed forward passes rarely hit the target. David has an assured left foot and is a very direct player, his first thought is attack, find space, pass or shoot. Ruiz thinks about possession more. But in the Championship, David's style wins.

3) Ruiz loses the ball in dangerous positions. When he drops deep to look for possession, often he is caught and loses the ball thus setting up the oppositions counter attacks. This has been happening every game he has played since joining.

4) Ruiz is scared of physical contact. Doesnt challenge in an aerial duel, despite his height, hardly ever wins the ball. Doesnt tackle. And loses the ball as mentioned before due to lack of strength to shield the ball.

5) Ruiz works hard but is ineffective. I admit that he is a hard working player, he covers the ground. But he doesnt do anything with it. Here i am focusing on his defensive play. He tracks back but never puts the tackle in.

He is no doubt a talented player, but too lightweight for us or for english football. it is no surprise that his best games for us have come against Arsenal.

I sincerely wish Kit would see this fact, especially considering the fact that he has subbed him in the last three games.

Chris David is the man. He is a brilliant footballer. And I was very much looking forward to see him play this season. Dissapointed so far in Kit that he has not used him yet. Hopefully vs Bolton.......

Totally agree Zu.
David for me every day.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

love4ffc

Quote from: MJG on October 01, 2014, 09:44:53 AM
Just widen the field, put him in the center, put McCormack slightly above him and to the left, Smith up top center, and David up right.  Find a way to get two other mids to play wide and roam up and down.  Now you're dangerous.

Smith up top
David to his right

So thats your midfield & front 6 players......not sure who will do any defending in that formation?

Ruiz has proven he can do very well sitting behind the striker.  I like to see what the big man Smith can do up top.  McCormack has actually been doing very well on the outside and should be free to roam. 

As for defending we would still have a very comfortable back four plus we would add Parker and Stafylidis in the holding midfield positions.  Both Parker and Stafylidis can make the over lapping runs providing more players in the attack. 

If the 4-2-3-1 is actually coached and played right in can provide both great defensive and attacking football. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

TonyGilroy

I really want to see Woodrow and Hugo up top with McCormack playing around them.

That leaves 3 for midfield presumably Parker, Christensen (who does a lot of necessary donkey work largely unheralded) and A.N.Other who could be any of Hyndman, David, Stafylides, Ruiz or George Williams. Of those Bryan might well be my first choice.

MJG

Quote from: love4ffc on October 01, 2014, 02:15:26 PM
Quote from: MJG on October 01, 2014, 09:44:53 AM

Smith up top
David to his right

Ruiz has proven he can do very well sitting behind the striker.  I like to see what the big man Smith can do up top.  McCormack has actually been doing very well on the outside and should be free to roam. 

As for defending we would still have a very comfortable back four plus we would add Parker and Stafylidis in the holding midfield positions.  Both Parker and Stafylidis can make the over lapping runs providing more players in the attack. 

If the 4-2-3-1 is actually coached and played right in can provide both great defensive and attacking football. 
Understand that, dont agree with the formation, but do see why people say that.

But what I was getting at, was the post I quoted does not make sense formation wise.

Mokes