Capello says hes not quitting

Started by tingtawng, June 27, 2010, 07:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tingtawng

Capello - I won't resign

Italian keen on FA talks over his future

Last updated: 27th June 2010   

Capello: Not quitting

Fabio Capello insists he will not resign as England coach in the wake of their World Cup exit at the hands of Germany

England saw their World Cup clinically extinguished by Germany after a 4-1 defeat in Bloemfontein as the Three Lions suffered their worst defeat at a World Cup.

Capello's position is sure to come under scrutiny after a disappointing showing in South Africa and the Italian has revealed he is seeking urgent talks with Club England chairman Sir David Richards about his future.

Before the tournament Capello had a clause removed from his £6million-a-year deal that would allow either party to terminate after the World Cup and there are bound to be questions asked about the former AC Milan boss following an inquest into England's demise in South Africa.

"I want to speak with the chairman and then decide my future," said Capello.

"I need to know whether the FA have confidence in me or not."

When asked if he would resign, he replied: "Absolutely not."
IN SVEN VE TVUST

ImperialWhite

Admittedly that article glosses over the clear language problems in that conversation, but yes, didn't look like he would readily fall on his sword. Probably not a bad boss really, but didn't work out for England when it mattered (remember that optimistic feeling when we smashed Croatia?). Maybe Hodgson would be good for England. He can build us up from scratch.

New manager, new team. There's always next time.

Lighthouse

Look I am not waiting until this is sorted out and watching Roy come out for months grinning and saying ' You know as much as I do'.

SORT IT OUT NOW.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

...why should he resign? All he has to do is hang on for a huge compensation pay-out because he was offered a new 4 year contract BEFORE the world cup, with no clauses should we get knocked out!

Lawrenson commented on a point I have been banging on about to anyone who would listen (nobody) - every two years there is a major International cup competition, so why not offer 2 year contracts?

If the manager gets results in those two years, he keeps the job for two more years with a performance related bonus - if they are rubbish, they get the sack!

Ruddy obvious to anyone who doesn't work for the FA...

:035: :034:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

cebu

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 27, 2010, 07:39:33 PM
...why should he resign? All he has to do is hang on for a huge compensation pay-out because he was offered a new 4 year contract BEFORE the world cup, with no clauses should we get knocked out!

Lawrenson commented on a point I have been banging on about to anyone who would listen (nobody) - every two years there is a major International cup competition, so why not offer 2 year contracts?

If the manager gets results in those two years, he keeps the job for two more years with a performance related bonus - if they are rubbish, they get the sack!

Look LB, coming out with radical intelligent ideas defo won't wash with the FA.  :003:

watfordwhite

LB I listened  :doh: But who am I  :041:

FatFreddysCat

As LB said, why would he resign, he'd be mad too, i certainly wouldn't. If the FA are mad enough to give him a four year improved contract, then they have to pay up if they want him out.

jarv

We are all in agreement with Mr. LB. The FA are complete and utter fools. Just how seriously stupid can one be? They have previously had to pay of useless managers I believe, then they go and do it again, offering stupid contracts.

Why should a manager be paid (i refuse to use the word earn which indicates he actually does any work) 6 million. Recently I read that most international managers make a decent but modest income for the part time job that it is.
The Swedish manager was on about 100k a year and for many years qualified plus made a decent fist of it. Bilic, apparently on about 70k with Croatia.

How about hiring a manager that meets the criteria of the job description next time.. Must communicate in English would be a good start.

tingtawng

you have to come to the conclusion that there is no man alive who can turn them around ,whatever they are paid ,i doubt even Roy could get spectacular results out of them so deep run the problems with the team.
a poison chalice for any manager . so they just sign up for the mega money ,take the money and run.
you cant see any end to the replacement merry go round .
IN SVEN VE TVUST

WHITEwitch

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 27, 2010, 07:39:33 PM

[/quote

Far too reasonable WG.

I think we all know by now that the FA is a big boys club who don't do intelligent, logical or well thought out.