watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What I'd like to see on Wednesday

Started by HatterDon, September 29, 2014, 03:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Regardless of how many people on here are excited about our first league win in months ... regardless of how many people believe that these three points are just the beginning of a run that will lead us into the top six, I still think we have a long way to go.

I'm fairly confident that we're gong to beat Bolton, but what I really want to see is something I've not seen in a league match since we put six past QPR a few years back: TWO CONSECUTIVE QUALITY HALFS IN THE SAME MATCH.

If we can look like a solid team in BOTH halfs on Wednesday, I'll be very happy.

COYW 049:gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ChesterTheTabby

If you see the two quality halves that you so desire, would you be all for Kit being put on as Manager permanently? Just want to know your opinion Mr. Don!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

HatterDon

I don't have a single problem with Kit as either interim or permanent manager. I just would like to see a solid 90 minute performance soon.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

dannyboi-ffc

We have gone from one extreme to the other in all 3 of kits games, one poor half then a great half and the opposite vs donny. At the end of the day we won two and im quite certain would've held on for a point at least vs blackburn but for hutch being stupid.

I get what you're saying and in an ideal world id agree but if you told me now the same would happen vs bolton and we win id bite your hand off. Results are all that matter at the moment and kits doing ok. 4 more points before the international break and the jobs his
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Mince n Tatties

A defence that finally keeps a clean sheet I hope.

Skatzoffc

Good points Hatter.
The team are obviously responding to him, but the fragmentary playing is worrying still, tho its early days.
I'm not sure how long he has got, but I could see one or two results slipping and him being gone with another heap of uncertainty and upheaval as a new manager is rushed onto the scene. The powers that be may see Kit as a lovely fellow who acts like everyone's dad after the FM tyrant but he may not have the steel to run the ship as well as we need it run tactically in theis league.
Personally, I would like him given more time as the players, imo, want to play for him. I always thought we would do well to get to mid-table with the total team rebuild we've had and would still be happy with that at this stage.
Let's hope for a more consistent 90 and then I'll be really chuffed. A long way to go yet.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

NorfolkJim

Its what Kit wants too - lets not overlook however that he has taken on a team that has been destroyed by the previous manager and is having to use the remaining experienced players he has with youngsters who have been thrown in at the deep end and nothing much we can do till Christmas.

A few more old hands with level heads backing up the youth on the field would be desirable IMO. Too many got shipped out. IMO even an under his best Hangeland would have been worth having in the team to bring on and direct those around him

For now, Kit is doing well IMO, even Roy took a while and a little bit of disobedience from Murphy to turn it around.

We really need to beat Bolton to keep the momentum going and bring in the belief. That much disruption and bad management would screw up any employee (However much they are paid)

Lighthouse

If we look back to Jol. My argument about having one good 90 minutes was made then as well. It has been years since we have seen a good 90 minutes. We have a win under Kit which in itself is a rarity. So I think a 90 minute display may be some way off. Tiny steps.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

My first priority for Wednesday is for two quality goals. In our four Championship matches at the Cottage we have seen only one Fulham goal which is demoralising and a sure sign of a relegation team. Without the goals the required 90 minute performance and the 3 points will be hard to achieve.

You can be sure that Bolton will be set up with an emphasis on defence so the team will have to
play  their best to date.

colinwhite

I think we saw again on saturday in the first half that our back 4 is isolated and they got behind us at least 3 times to zoom in on goal  . Only poor finishing/good saves stopped us from being 2 or 3 down before we even got started .
This is what we have to sort if we are going to be a good side . Not sure that we have the personal to fix this . We need a strong ball winning central midfielder  and how ever well Parker has been playing he is not that player . A fit Diarra would have been perfect .

Andy S

'm sorry to say but that rarely happens in football, whoever you are. Managers see things and swap it around a bit at half time. If you are on the end of a bad score at the break then your manager will swap things around. The team that is winning then does not have the same luxuryof a break to change things. The best the manager can do is change it with subs

supersimmo123

For me the best 90mins i can remember was Villa at home when Berbatov pulled off and audacious touch from a Riise long ball. We played them off the park, this was with Rene I think back in December last year.

the nutflush

Quote from: supersimmo123 on September 29, 2014, 11:30:13 AM
For me the best 90mins i can remember was Villa at home when Berbatov pulled off and audacious touch from a Riise long ball. We played them off the park, this was with Rene I think back in December last year.

That seems like a hundred years ago. 

Burt

What I would like to see first and foremost, regardless of performance, is a win. The teams nearest to us are the ones we need to beat to progress. And getting another win under our belt will do wonders for the confidence on and off the pitch.

Of course it would be good to see a win combined with a good performance. This would perhaps show more than anything else that we have turned the corner now and the squad are starting to settle down.

And, at risk of putting the kiss of death on the fixture, when was the last time we won back-to-back league games?

Peppo

People seem to have forgotten that it was quite common for Hodgson to only have one good half. Often, the first half would be quite slow, probably deliberately, then the second they could step up a gear and see the game through to the end. Trying to keep the pace up for the whole game causes tiredness at the end and the inevitable conceding late goals, which was Jol's problem. It would be a mistake to confuse a bad half with a slow half. But if you can't defend then slowing things down is not such a good idea.

TonyGilroy

I want an indication that there's improvement however gradual also that lessons are learned and I think we're seeing that.

People are scathing about the Birmingham performance but I thought that nothing happened until they scored. They then dominated until we equalised and we then produced some seriously good stuff. That was with Woodrow on and I want to see him start on Wednesday with Hugo alongside.

Woodrow brings others into play and Hugo makes a real nuisance of himself. We need more of that and less tippy/tappy midfield nonsense.

Fulham1959

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 29, 2014, 03:09:10 PM
I want an indication that there's improvement however gradual also that lessons are learned and I think we're seeing that.

People are scathing about the Birmingham performance but I thought that nothing happened until they scored. They then dominated until we equalised and we then produced some seriously good stuff. That was with Woodrow on and I want to see him start on Wednesday with Hugo alongside.

Woodrow brings others into play and Hugo makes a real nuisance of himself. We need more of that and less tippy/tappy midfield nonsense.

Agreed.  More than anything, though, a win will help to secure the job for Kit and I don't care how it comes  -  for the time being anyway.  Kit was honest enough to admit that we are getting the breaks at the moment (penalty save, favourable deflections).  Long may that continue !

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

How many times do teams go in at half time winning 3/4/5 - 0
Whilst eating a greasy pie at half time fans are talking about 10-0
and the final result is:
3/4/5 - 0
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

J.Perkins

I'd like to see play well for more than 1 half, keep a clean sheet, and win. But I'd always accept the latter on its own. Plus, keep the team the same, barring maybe Woodrow for Ruiz.

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 29, 2014, 02:48:16 PM
Let's just win matches first, if it means grinding it out then so be it, we are not in a position yet to be too fussy about how we win, as long as the players are resilient and will bust a gut for the cause. Of course if we can play pretty football and win, then that's a bonus, but we need points anyhow and anyway, then the football which is easier on the eye will follow. But first and foremost we must make ourselves hard to beat, the more clean sheets the less goals we have to score to win a match. It's not ideal but at the moment we can't be too fussy. It can be a long way home when we lose away, and a miserable way home, when we lose at home.

Spot on - there's too many people wanting too much already - lets get some wins under our belt before we think about commanding entire games!