News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who (if anyone) would you bring in on loan?

Started by NorfolkJim, September 29, 2014, 09:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkJim

Are we allowed to bring in players on loan? If so, are there restrictions?

I'd bring Hangeland back from Palace just for his experience and what he could bring to the youngsters, but who realistically is out there, out of favour but able to bring us something we need.

westcliff white

for me we have plenty of centre backs, if we need to loan then maybe a solid wide player, maybe a quality ball playing midfielder or someone to protect David / Roberts (if they are the ball playing midfielder) and maybe a keeper like Butland. although I have been very impressed with Bettenelli to date.

I am not advocating to go out an loan players just saying if we do that's where I would look.
Every day is a Fulham day

DevonFFC

I would try and find a big midfield enforcer, some one to protect our back line, break up play and give us some muscle in what looks like a lightweight midfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northern Cottager

Quote from: westcliff white on September 29, 2014, 09:08:32 AM
for me we have plenty of centre backs, if we need to loan then maybe a solid wide player, maybe a quality ball playing midfielder or someone to protect David / Roberts (if they are the ball playing midfielder) and maybe a keeper like Butland. although I have been very impressed with Bettenelli to date.

I am not advocating to go out an loan players just saying if we do that's where I would look.

Don't need to protect David when he can't get in the 18. Odd decision.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: ollienixs on September 29, 2014, 10:10:11 AM
I would try and find a big midfield enforcer, some one to protect our back line, break up play and give us some muscle in what looks like a lightweight midfield

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one:   Not saying he's for us but, in passing, I see that Dickson Etuhu is a free agent having left Blackburn following an injury-plagued time there.  He is still only 32.  Hope his career is not over.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

westcliff white

Quote from: Northern Cottager on September 29, 2014, 10:20:00 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 29, 2014, 09:08:32 AM

Don't need to protect David when he can't get in the 18. Odd decision.
As I say if we are to loan then that's what I would go for, but its only required if Roberts or David are playing that role. The young lads need someone there to stand up and help them out.

the nutflush

FPT

I don't think I'd loan in anyone. The only players we could loan in, would just be taking a spot from one of our youngsters.

Dickson Etuhu has had pretty bad injury issues in the past two years, only playing 20 odd times. On a pay-as-you-play, "yeah, sure," he's got something our current midfield doesn't have - size. For us to currently have a physical presence, we're putting Hoogland in there and he's only 6ft! It's not like we can chuck our academy enforcer, Sol Sambou, into the equation either - according to the Fulham website, he's only 5ft 5, and probably a youngster too many.

Two Ton Ted

A goalkeeper, A defensive midfielder and a left back.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Craven Mad

We are short in DM/CM and LM, but we don't need loans to fix that. We should just bring back Tunni and Kaca.

If we were to bring someone in on loan, I'd look for a strong winger and if Serge Gnabry is available he'd be my choice.

westcliff white

if they have a recall clause then it will be during the January window (Season long loans can only be recalled during that period as I understand the loan rules), if they don't have one then we cant recall.

Whiteroom

Northern Cottager

Quote from: the nutflush on September 29, 2014, 11:33:58 AM
Is Ronaldinho still available?

Think he got a deal after refusing some conference side.

nose

Quote from: ollienixs on September 29, 2014, 10:10:11 AM

exactly so, we have missed such a player for quite a long time and much of the perceived defensive vulnerability is actually the lack o9f such a player.

ToodlesMcToot

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jarv

According to many comments on here we have no width (I don't get to see games any more in USA). . Perhaps a clever and pacey winger but personally I think a solid centre half.

TonyGilroy

The biggest thing we lack is a midfield enforcer. If Etuhu is fit enough he'd be ideal.

We need an Aaron Hughes type to partner Burn and a right back.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: jarv on September 29, 2014, 01:37:44 PM
According to many comments on here we have no width (I don't get to see games any more in USA). . Perhaps a clever and pacey winger but personally I think a solid centre half.

Is it Fulhamish to get the pre-season "gift" of "yes. we will be able to stream game replays" from the club and then when we get our first win in the league get a 2 minute highlight package?

Seems like that goodwill gesture is wilting on the vine if not completely dying.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude