more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dejagah & Kasami

Started by NorfolkJim, September 29, 2014, 09:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkJim

Why do you think these two were shed?

With Dejagah I thought it was that the player wanted money and was perhaps carrying a niggling injury which couldn't stand up to this division so right for both player and club

Now after the cheese treatment scandal I do wonder if these players wanted out because they didn't want any more Quark in the park under Felix?

And who else quit rather than risk going home with a big bit of edam up their jacksie? The head coach of our development squad, the head scout and didn't we also lose the tea lady?

Those in the know - please spill the beans (P.S. its a joy to listen to Kit)

westcliff white

i heard that both Reither (who you do not mention) and Djegah asked to leave as they did not want to work under Magath.

Just a rumour but thats what I heard, as for Kasami I have not heard any rumours other than the fee for him paid off the balance of Mitro's transfer,
Every day is a Fulham day

TonyGilroy

We desperately needed to shed players on Premier League wages - as many of them as possible.

The £28M parachute payment seems a lot but I reckon that Ruiz, Parker, Amorbieta and Rodallega probably earn collectively about half that and the fact that three of them couldn't be offloaded must restrict our ability to bring in more players in January or offer our kids better contracts.

Khan's wealth doesn't insulate us from FFP and the transfer embargo we'll face if we exceed our permitted expenditure. There are plenty of others brought in by Magath who won't be on super wages but who are simply not needed but will still have to be paid.

Holders

Yet Norwich retained most of their squad. Either they were on considerably less on average or the Hugo/Parker/Ruiz/Amo situation distorts it. Pity, I was musing as to our prospects if we'd been able to retain Dejagah, Kasami and Richardson. It would be nice to know how much was jump and how much push.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

the nutflush

Everyone must have put their hands up for a transfer with that mad man in charge.  The tea lady was looking forward to be loaned out to Staines Town.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 29, 2014, 09:21:31 AM

We desperately needed to shed players on Premier League wages - as many of them as possible.

The £28M parachute payment seems a lot but I reckon that Ruiz, Parker, Amorbieta and Rodallega probably earn collectively about half that and the fact that three of them couldn't be offloaded must restrict our ability to bring in more players in January or offer our kids better contracts.

Khan's wealth doesn't insulate us from FFP and the transfer embargo we'll face if we exceed our permitted expenditure. There are plenty of others brought in by Magath who won't be on super wages but who are simply not needed but will still have to be paid.

Just to clarify the parachute payment is £60M paid out over 4 years at £15M per year.
With a loss of of income somewhere in the region of 30-40M (before ticket sales) you can see why players where either not given new contracts or sold.

Dejagah was a great deal if it was £5M for a player only good for either an hour or last 30 mins.

Kasami i think had a lot to do with the Mitroglou deal and making that work after we bought a lemon.

FPT

MJG is spot on. Dejagah was good value for money and Kasami would have been Mitroglou related; my theory is that £5m or whatever of the deal that we hadn't paid, was swept under the carpet because they received Kasami. We probably could have kept both, but the pressure on being promoted this season would have been immense because of the financial strains.

Anyway, I see more positives in our transfer window than negatives.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

We had to slash the wage bill drastically, players are gonna leave. Just the way it is!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Roberty

We had three managers, or five if you add in the shadows, last season and none used them as regulars in the starting line up.

So I am struggling to understand why either of them is seen as precious?

They may well be playing well or better for another club, but that's life - maybe the water suits them better where they are now.

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

HatterDon

Dejagah wanted one big money long-term contract. He wasn't going to get one as a 2nd tier family.

Kasami? I don't know. I loved the kid, but no Fulham manager ever seemed to be able to get him to play they way he wanted consistently.

good luck to both. With all the posturing by some and and the tentative fear by others, these two guys had aggression and intent all the time.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Milo

I didn't argue with any of the losses over the summer... or even any of the acquisitions. Just the team selection and tactics were bizarre.

the nutflush

Quote from: HatterDon on September 29, 2014, 10:24:50 PM
Dejagah wanted one big money long-term contract. He wasn't going to get one as a 2nd tier family.

Kasami? I don't know. I loved the kid, but no Fulham manager ever seemed to be able to get him to play they way he wanted consistently.

good luck to both. With all the posturing by some and and the tentative fear by others, these two guys had aggression and intent all the time.

The two most attacking and direct players we had.  I was resigned to losing Dejagah but Kasami could have been just what we have been missing these last few weeks.  I don't think he got much of a chance in his preferred position.  Often played out wide and out of position.

aussierod

Dejagh enjoyed playing under Felix though, he'd played for him at Wolfsburg and was getting game time under him with us, scoring a few, what seemed at the time, crucial goals in the process and speaking highly of Magath. So I think Dejagh was purely that he didn't want to play in the Championship (at possibly reduced wages if that clause was in his contract) and had the opportunity to set himself up financially for post career closer whilst also being closer to home.
Kasami just never got going with us under the numerous managers he played for so to offload him and pay off some of our debt's wasn't the worst deal we've ever made
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

domprague

At least we managed to cut the wage bill. Look at Leeds, forced to loan out players and pay a chunk of their wages.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.