watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (30/10/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 01, 2014, 09:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Jay Spearing vs Tim Hoogland - Can the ex-Liverpool prospect defeat the Bundesliga veteran

Fulham and Bolton face off in the Championship on Wednesday night.

The two clubs have struggled this Championship season, winning just one game each and taking up two of three relegation places.

Their early season season struggles have seen the Cottagers sack Felix Magath, whilst Bolton fans have been calling for the removal of Dougie Freedman. Neither team have impressed this season, and goals have been hard to come by - Fulham scoring just eight in nine games, and the Trotters one fewer in as many games.

However, there have been a couple of shining lights amongst the weak performances, with Fulham's summer arrival Tim Hoogland leading the Cottagers scoring charts, whilst former Liverpool man Jay Spearing has shown his quality in all nine of Bolton's fixtures this season.

The two midfielders face off on Wednesday night, and we take a look at who could have the biggest impact - and secure a second win of the season for their team.

Team   Mins Played   Goals   Assists   Key Passes   Tackles   Passes   Passing Accuracy   Touches   Appearances
Jay Spearing   Bolton   810   0   3   25   21   360   82%   625   9
Tim Hoogland   Fulham   787   3   1   10   19   318   79%   656   9
As can be seen, both midfielders have started all nine games for their teams, although Hoogland has fewer minutes of action under his belt. And it is the German who has had a large match winning impact upon the Cottagers poor start to the season, scoring three goals to Spearing's zero. However, Spearing has registered more assists than Hoogland, and has attempted more than double the amount of key passes than his soon-to-be opponent.

Bolton forward Joe Mason has netted four times this season - with three coming in one game - whilst no other forward has scored for the Trotters. With the poor striking ability on show at the Macron Stadium, it is no surprise to see Spearing's assist tally so low, with no one ahead of him to take advantage of his consistent creative play.

Both midfielders control the game with equal adeptness, touching the ball similar amounts per game and registering roughly equal pass accuracy rates.

Both also offer good defensive control, winning number of tackles, although it a surprising to see Hoogland - who can also play in defence - beaten by out-and-out midfielder Spearing.

The duo have been the two best performers of their respective sides for the duration of the Championship season so far, and a lot of the pressure will be on their heads to claim a second victory on Wednesday night. If Spearing can add goals to his game he will surely outperform Hoogland, but with the current profligacy of his Trotters teammates, Fulham's German star will likely have the larger impact at Craven Cottage.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/09/30/head-to-head-jay-spearing-vs-tim-hoogland-former-liverpool-pro/

WhiteJC

He Who Laughs..........

Anybody who is a regular to Vital Fulham will recall we run an article that covered an unusual angle for treating an injury.

It was claimed that Felix Magath instructed Brede Hangeland to place some cheese on a leg injury suggesting it would assist and quicken the healing procedure.

Now we`re quite sure that Brede treated the advice with the disdain it deserved.

However I had to laugh when, during a heavy drinking session down the local public house, one fellow Fulham supporter claimed it might have been a suitable treatment if the said cheese was Cottage!

Laugh, I nearly brought a round!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=372155#ixzz3EsnM4PUz

WhiteJC

Former Fulham star Zesh Rehman: Asia was my destiny, Malaysia is my home

Zesh Rehman has already won two trophies in Malaysia, including the Malaysian FA Cup.

At the age of 30, Zesh Rehman has already played for more clubs than most would in a lifetime. Currently at Malaysian Super League [MSL] side Pahang FA, the Pakistan international defender chose to return to Southeast Asia in 2010 after spells at Fulham, Queens Park Rangers and Bradford (as well as a host of loan clubs) and has never regretted the decision.

"When I was first offered a contract to play in Southeast Asia, I hung up the telephone three times before realising it wasn't a prank," Rehman told ESPN FC. "It was late 2010 when I was at Bradford City and I was phoned out of the blue to ask if I was interested in joining Muangthong United in the Thai Premier League. 

"Having played in the UK for over a decade and in all four divisions, including the Premier League, I thought England was the only place in the world to seriously pursue a football career. 

"Four years, three countries, six trophies and more than 100 games in Asia later, I've definitely changed my mind."

Rehman's desire to play regular football had seen him move out on loan across all the divisions while in England -- to Brighton, Norwich and Blackpool -- but his last temporary spell was made permanent at Bradford City, where he spent 2009-10 as club captain before his association with the club ended as he started a new chapter in his career. 

"After receiving that telephone call in 2010 in Yorkshire, I flew to Bangkok a few days later. After looking around Muangthong's facilities, my gut instinct was to sign the contract. The impressive infrastructure of the club wouldn't have been out of place in the Premier League," he said." 

"I returned to the UK, tied up a few loose ends and flew back with just 20 [kilos] of luggage, ready for a new challenge. It turned out to be an amazing eye opener into the fascination for football across Southeast Asia, and particularly Thailand. 

"I was hooked right away and knew I probably wanted to remain in the Asia region for the rest of my career."

Rehman returned to his roots in Asia, but it was clearly a popular move as others followed soon after. 

"Since my time at Muangthong United, the likes of Robbie Fowler and Jay Bothroyd have followed. I am pleased to have blazed a trail for those UK lads to follow and venture into the unknown," he added. 

Zesh Rehman turned out for Bradford City back in 2009.

"The following two years were spent in Hong Kong with Kitchee SC. It is a tremendously run club with excellent management, from the boss Ken Ng right down to the kit man, and it has a genuine family atmosphere. 

"I won four trophies in my time at Kitchee that was largely down to the astute coaching of FC Barcelona alumni Joseph Gombau -- now at Adelaide United -- and the brilliant team spirit we created. 

"Hong Kong was a great place to live. With my daughter being born there, it made the stay even more memorable."

One thing that Rehman's move allowed him to do was to experience the other elements of the Asian game. 

"I had two seasons of AFC Cup football with Kitchee, which gave me the pleasure of facing teams from Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Maldives, Kuwait, Indonesia, Jordan and India, providing a wonderful insight into the love for football across Asia," he said. 

"The one game I remember clearly was against Seman Padang of Indonesia. It was a 2 p.m. kick-off in blistering 40 degree (Celsius) plus temperatures and the stadium had 45,000 screaming fans jammed in, a full two hours before kick-off. I somehow I got through the 90 minutes without collapsing as the heat was absolute torture.   

"Along with my club travels, the past four years have included games for my national team, Pakistan, in Bahrain, Bangladesh, Nepal and the Philippines. Although I was born in Britain, my parents are from Pakistan. It came as no surprise when all my passport pages were filled up with 10 years to spare."

With this experience behind him, Rehman is a figurehead for the Asian game and, still only 30 years old, the defender has more pages of his story yet to write. He made his debut for Malaysian Super League side Pahang in January 2014 and, while the rest of the world was preparing for the World Cup in Brazil, he helped the side to an FA Cup trophy in front of 60,000 fans as Pahang beat Felda United 2-1. 

"Throughout my time in Thailand and Hong Kong, I received offers from several clubs in Malaysia; Kelantan, Felda and Sarawak had all come knocking," he said. "I guess I was destined to come here at some point.   

"Before I joined Pahang at the end of 2013, I had interest from Singapore, Australia, Iran and Qatar. I chose Malaysia because it had left a great impression on me whenever I played against MSL clubs in AFC Cup games. 

"I knew people who had played and coached in Malaysia and received some excellent advice as I chose the right M-League club. Current Kelantan head coach George Boateng, the former Premier League midfielder, was really helpful. He played the 2013 season with Malaysian club T-Team and recommended that I join the East Coast side Pahang because of the phenomenal support at the Darul Makmur Stadium, plus the fact they were the current Malaysia Cup champions. 

"My former QPR teammate Damion Stewart was already at Pahang and he spoke highly of the club, the fans and everything associated with the state."

Rehman's time in Malaysia has clearly been a success for all concerned as he has won two trophies so far this season, improved on last season's league position, qualified for the next AFC Cup, and made the quarterfinals of the Malaysia Cup. The defender, too, is loving life at Pahang.

Zesh Rehman going up against LionsXII striker Khairul Amri in the 2014 Malaysia Cup group stages.

"My family loves life in Kuantan, with the beautiful beaches, waterpark, zoo and town centre with everything we need. It is a refreshing change to the hustle and bustle of busy city life in London, Bangkok and Hong Kong," he said.

"I have really enjoyed my time in Pahang so far under the guidance of coach Zainal Abidin Hassan, a former national team striker who is an absolute legend across Malaysia. I try to embrace every aspect of whatever country I am in. I like to explore the local attractions and muck in with the locals as much as possible. 

"My wife had our second baby in Malaysia this year so whenever we end up moving on it will always leave us with such fond memories."

Rehman has clearly had an impact on Asia, and Asia on him. With exciting projects ahead over the coming months and all eyes turning east for the Asian Cup in 2015, the defender is now hoping to make a difference to the next generation of youngsters who want to follow in his footsteps. 

"I was lucky enough to accumulate over 200 games in English league football, rubbing shoulders with the elite at Fulham with 30 matches at Premier League level, and enjoying my spells at QPR, Bradford, Brighton, Blackpool and Norwich," he added. 

"Away from football, I've dedicated my time to my Zesh Rehman Foundation, which aims to inspire under-represented groups to get into football. That's not just playing but encouraging minorities to try their hand at coaching, refereeing, administration, media and even to get involved as supporters. 

"I will be looking to replicate these projects in Southeast Asia in the near future. If life unfolds as I think it will, I could be here for some time yet."

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/football-asia/153/post/2052554/former-fulham-star-zesh-rehman-always-knew-asia-was-his-destiny?

WhiteJC

Old pals Dougie Freedman and Kit Symons in rival dugouts at Craven Cottage

KIT Symons aims to sit down with former Crystal Palace team-mate Dougie Freedman for a cup of tea and sympathy after tonight's final whistle.

While the Fulham caretaker boss will be looking for a win to help his own chances of getting the Craven Cottage job on a more permanent basis, he knows victory will heap more pressure on his opposite number.

"We'll both prepare as hard as we can, play to win, and maybe have a cup of tea afterwards," said the former Wales international.

"It's quite nice having your former team-mates opposite."

Freedman feels the time is right for Symons to make the step up from youth team level and take charge.

"His time has come where he should be given an opportunity," he said. "He has nothing to lose."

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/bolton_wanderers/11505473._/?ref=mac

WhiteJC

Bolton Wanderers aim to go back to basics at Fulham

DOUGIE Freedman confirmed his "back to basics" plan will commence at Fulham tonight.

The Wanderers boss revealed he intends to simplify his team's style in an effort to get out of the bottom three.

He says the decision was prompted by Saturday's defeat against Derby but also the loss of players such as Lukas Jutkiewicz, Alan Hutton and Andre Moritz, who left the club in the summer.

Injuries to Mark Davies and Liam Trotter have also forced a tactical rethink – with Freedman confident his reboot will get results to take some of the pressure off his own shoulders.

"Looking back over a few months, a certain style was working for us at the end of last season and one or two personnel are now missing from that. We had to quickly change," he said. "Losing Mark Davies in pre-season and Liam Trotter, who gives us driving force in midfield hasn't helped us at all.

"We have got to go back to some basics to get some points on the board.

"We were too expansive against Derby and I asked too much of the players. We need to go back to the beginning – which I have done a few times in my time at Bolton – to grind results out. There's no doubt in my mind we can do that.

"It's unfortunate we have to do it because I thought we'd evolved a bit quicker."

Freedman could hardly wish for a worse place to start a revival. Wanderers have scored just once in six visits to Craven Cottage and are without a league win there in seven years.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/bolton_wanderers/11505482._/?ref=mac

WhiteJC

These Trotters are no plonkers

Three from the Bolton ranks Fulham need to watch out for

Mind me head! Or whatever that is in Korean as Derby's Richard Keogh (L) attempts a boot haircut on Chung Yong Lee
Glenn Hoddle has indirectly sown the seeds of Bolton's best chance against Fulham tonight.

The ex-England, now QPR coach, unearthed Mark Davies when both were at Wolves, and according to Mark Iles from the Bolton Evening News, Davies is the best chance of slamming the Cottage door on a third consecutive win.

Technically gifted: Mark Davies
"He is technically the best player in the team," said Iles. "In the last 10 games dating back to last season, when Davies started Bolton were unbeaten until last Saturday against Derby."

Chung-Yong Lee doesn't score as 'many as he should' opined Iles, but the World Cup midfielder with South Korea has reacted well to being made his country's captain, and like Davies has technical skills in abundance to cause the Whites problems even given Bolton's poor start.

Joe Mason is on loan from Cardiff City for the second time, and even if the Trotters only have one win to their name so far, the 23-year-old has notched four of their goals - just two short of the total made over three months in the last campaign.

Well done, son...Joe Mason (L) gets a pat on the back after a hat-trick against Rotherham
Mason also carved a tiny cornerstone in Bolton history when he became the first Trotter to score a hat-trick in 12 years as Wanderers beat Rotherham 3-2 on September 16.

The Evening News man added: "He looks a little lightweight for this division, but appearances have been so far deceiving."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/these-trotters-are-no-plonkers-7857763?

WhiteJC

Question Time: Fulham v Bolton Wanderers

Better days - Clive Brunskill
Before this week's trip to Fulham we spoke to Andrew Beck of Cottagers Confidential about Fulham football club and their first few months in the Championship. A hint? It has been very similar to our first few months in the Championship.

We had five questions for Cottagers Confidential.  Their answers are below:

1. Did Fulham keep most of their Premier League players in an attempt to immediately bounce back up, or ring in the changes?

Fulham lost a lot of players. And early on, Felix Magath refused to play many of the players that we kept because he is a crazy person. That being said, there aren't a lot of changes to the club. Fulham has a very strong academy and many of the players you'll see tomorrow were simply U-18 and U-21 players last year. Of the 11 starters, I'd expect 7+ to have been with the club last year.

2. Can you describe for our readers the current managerial situation at Craven Cottage.

A mess that hopefully has been righted? Felix Magath is a crazy person. But his appointment last season made some sense. He had a history of keeping teams from being relegated. He also could bring in discipline after two managers who frankly had little to none. The problem was that after Fulham were relegated Shahid Khan faced an impossible dilemma. He could either fire Magath and be seen as the owner who had four managers in six months. Or he could give Magath a chance and try to have some stability. He went with the latter, and Magath continued to be crazy, bringing less stability than simply firing him.

Hopefully things will be righted under Kit Symons. I wasn't sure I wanted him to get the job full time, mainly because he'd done such a great job with the youth. I wasn't sure that he wanted the job and that he may have preferred to stay coaching young players. He has though come out and said how much he wants the job. He's done well in his start. And he knows both the club and all of the players from his long time in Southwest London. There are very few supporters who would be upset if he had the job full time.

3. Who are the danger men that we have to be aware of for Wednesday's match?

Ross McCormack you should probably already know about since he lead the Championship in scoring last year. He's proved to be just as dangerous with Fulham. Hugo Rodallega isn't technically gifted, but he's athletic, and will run your defense ragged. Bryan Ruiz might be the most technically gifted player in the division (hopefully you saw him in action in the World Cup and/or Copa Centroamerica). And then off the bench there is young Patrick Roberts. He's only 17, but already one of the best young English prospects in football.

4. What were your expectations for Fulham entering the season, and how have they changed over the past two months?

I figured that with adequate investment, a strong influx of youth, and competent coaching, Fulham could push for a top two finish and at worst finish in the playoff positions. This start has kind of crushed that hope. However, that kind of season would have required about 1.8 points per game to accomplish. If Fulham can hit that mark over their last 37 games, they have a shot of fighting for a playoff spot. If Kit Symons is a good coach, I think the club can finish near or in the last playoff spot.

5. Finally, can we get a prediction for Wednesday night.

I think Fulham will score. They have too much attacking talent not to. With Marcus Bettinelli in goal, their defense has been stouter. If they don't give up any stupid penalties or red cards, I expect them to play fairly well. I'd say 2-1 Fulham

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2014/10/1/6876559/question-time-fulham-v-bolton-wanderers

WhiteJC

Fresh Start

Hugo Rodallega's trademark smile vanishes as he reflects on Fulham's season to date. "It's been bad," he tells the official matchday programme against Bolton Wanderers. "We can't pretend it hasn't been. We don't have enough points and that's not good enough for a team with our quality. I don't feel good about the situation so I have to keep my head up and try and change things for the better. We made a start on Saturday."

Despite Fulham's struggles at the wrong end of the table, things now appear to be improving. The appointment of Kit Symons as Caretaker Manager has lifted morale and form and, after his winning goal at Birmingham City on Saturday, Rodallega is fully focussed on continuing to move the Whites up the league ladder.

"The last few months have been difficult," said Hugo. "They were stressful at times but Kit has put a smile back on everyone's face. Everyone is happy and enjoying their training sessions. Everyone looks forward to coming to work in the morning."

In and out of the team under Felix Magath, Rodallega has since started all four of Symons' games in charge. For any footballer, they need to feel wanted and Rodallega is enjoying life under the former Fulham defender.

"It was obviously a frustrating time for me under Felix as I didn't play as regularly as I would have liked," said Hugo. "I would have a game here, a game there, but then get left out. But now Kit has come in and he's a good manager. There's a good feeling with Kit and the players and that's really important for us."

To read the full interview with Rodallega, in which he discusses his promising partnership with Ross McCormack, the competition for places at the Club, why he cried after being substituted last season, and the return to the First Team fold of his close friends Fernando Amorebieta and Bryan Ruiz, get your hands on a copy of the matchday programme against Bolton on Wednesday.

Other exclusive highlights in the only matchday magazine that matters - which is also available to download digitally from 12pm on Wednesday - are:

Caretaker Manager Kit Symons on the vital victory at Birmingham
Dan Burn answers your questions via our social media channels
In our regular feature, key figures take a walk back down memory lane to the 1981/82 promotion-winning season
Les Strong and Gentleman Jim supply their latest programme columns
Young goalkeeper Magnus Norman is profiled in Through The Ranks
Gabor Kiraly's career to date is brought to life in comic form
And Take Me Out host and Bolton fan Paddy McGuinness speaks to the publication about following the Trotters

Priced £3.50, the 84-page publication is available from various sellers on Stevenage Road from two hours before kick-off. Fans can also save money by taking out a season subscription. Head here for more details.

The programme is also available as an app with added video content from 12pm on Wednesday, so whether you're at home or away, you need never be without it on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PC or Mac via Apple's Newsstand. The programme is also available via the Pocketmags app on Kindle Fire and Blackberry Playbook. You can subscribe for the whole season for the digital edition for just £24.99 or buy a single issue for £1.99.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/october/01/fresh-start?

WhiteJC

Cup Tickets On Sale

Tickets for our Fourth Round Capital One Cup tie against Derby County are now on sale to Season Ticket Holders and Members.

Advance ticket prices are £10 adults and just £1 juniors. Season Ticket Holders' seats will be reserved for them until 10am on Wednesday 8th October 2014, when they are released and go on General Sale.

As with the Doncaster game in Round Three, Season Ticket Holders who renewed during our 'Loyalty window' - by 5pm on 9th May 2014 - are entitled to a complimentary seat for this fixture.

Supporters are reminded that this free ticket offer is opt-in only and customers need to apply for their free ticket in advance of the game via the normal ticketing channels – online, by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

Season Ticket Holders who secure a ticket for this fixture will be sent paper tickets, while Members will have their ticket loaded onto their Member Card.

Supporters signed up to the Home Cup Tie Scheme will automatically be issued a ticket, charged to their registered payment card, unless eligible for a free Cup ticket.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/october/01/cup-tickets-on-sale?

WhiteJC

Head Coach Hopeful On Clayton Return For Fulham Clash

Midfielder in recovery bid ahead of the weekend...
Aitor Karanka is hoping to have Adam Clayton available for the weekend visit of Fulham.

The midfielder lasted barely half-an-hour against Blackpool on Tuesday after being replaced due to illness.

"He was ill, but we spoke with the doctor, he wanted to play and we decided to play him," explained the Boro Head Coach.

"In the end, he came off, but hopefully he will be ready again within a couple of days."

Fellow midfielder Grant Leadbitter was also in the wars on Tuesday, having a number of stitches in a head wound, while Dean Whitehead was sidelined due to suspension.

Whitehead will be available again on Saturday after completing his three-match suspension, along with Albert Adomah, who served a one-game ban, following his dismissal at Charlton at the weekend.

Read more at http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2014/011014-clayton-illness-1981822.aspx#sKR2IXzd3CAJc7d0.99

WhiteJC

Watford: Billy McKinlay 'ready' for step up into management

New Watford boss Billy McKinlay believes a decade of coaching at Fulham has prepared him for management.

The Hornets beat Brentford 2-1 on Tuesday to give the former Blackburn and Scotland midfielder a winning start in his first game in charge.

McKinlay, 45, had worked in the Fulham coaching setup until last year.

"I feel ready. I've worked for 10 years to get to a point where if I did get the opportunity, that I would be best prepared to do well," he said.

"I've not got any issues and I'm not under any illusions about how difficult it is. I'm really looking forward to it."

McKinlay made more than 400 appearances during a 21-year playing career, which ended when he took up a coaching role at the Cottagers in 2004 to work under Chris Coleman.

He initially joined Watford as a first-team coach last week, but was given the top job on Monday when Oscar Garcia made the decision to step down following ill health.

The Hornets did not give McKinlay a straightforward managerial debut, clinging on to their 2-1 lead in the dying minutes, and the Scot admitted it had been a nervous experience.

"I'm on the touchline, panicking at certain times," he said.

"It was too open for me at the end. We need more control, but what it did show was the resilience that's required."

Watford held on to move up to third in the Championship, with Matej Vydra's stunning second-half 20-yard strike proving the difference between the sides.

"It was a terrific finish to say the least," added McKinlay.

"He's going to be a big player for us over the season, there's no doubt about that. Technically he is as good as any player in the league."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29441974

WhiteJC

Next Up: Bolton Wanderers

Fulham face Bolton Wanderers at Craven Cottage on Wednesday evening (8pm) knowing that victory would see us leapfrog the Trotters in the Sky Bet Championship standings.

The opposition

Bolton have suffered a similarly troublesome start to the season as Fulham, and currently reside just a point and place above the Whites in the relegation zone.

After taking just two points from their opening six matches – a 2-2 draw with Nottingham Forest and a goalless meeting with Sheffield Wednesday – they found themselves in the bottom three, although they temporarily moved out of the drop zone after picking up their solitary league win of the campaign.

It was a hard-fought one, though, as Rotherham United twice came from behind to level at the Macron Stadium, before an 84th-minute winner from Joe Mason – who claimed his hat-trick in the process – secured the three points for the Trotters.

But Dougie Freedman's side were unable to build on that success, with their subsequent games against Wolverhampton Wanderers and Derby County ending in 1-0 and 2-0 defeats respectively.

Team news

Chris Herd is set to make his league debut for Wanderers at the Cottage after recovering from a calf injury – the Australian is presently on a short-term loan from Aston Villa.

Adam Bogdan, Liam Trotter and David Wheater are long-term absentees so will not make the trip south, while the game also comes too soon for Marc Tierney and Sanmi Odelusi.

Inside the camp

Freedman says he we will be putting his friendship with Fulham Caretaker Manager Kit Symons to one side when the pair do battle for three points on Wednesday.

In his pre-match press conference, the Bolton boss said: "When you're professional you can kind of blink that out. We respect each other, he's a good man, there's no doubt about that, but he's also a very professional man and he carried that through his football career and his management career.

"I know Kit very well – I think it's his time to be given the job. I worked with him at Crystal Palace, he's assistant manager of Wales, so he'll be giving it a right good go – I'd expect that from him.

"He knows exactly what I'm like as well – when the whistle goes, there's no best mates, we want to win games of football. I've got to find a way, I've got to come up with a result, just as Kit has. So it'll be an interesting game, one I'm looking forward to."

Player to watch

Matthew Mills: A much-travelled centre-back, Matthew Mills is now in his third season with Bolton having joined from Leicester City in the summer of 2012. A no-nonsense defender who is very strong in the air, the 28-year-old was awarded the Bolton vice-captaincy ahead of the 2014/15 campaign. He is currently sitting on 64 appearances for the club in all competitions, and has already scored two goals this season – although they both proved to be consolations, against Brighton & Hove Albion and Chelsea, in the Championship and Capital One Cup respectively.

Marathonbet match odds

Fulham: 10/11

Draw: 27/10

Bolton Wanderers: 17/5

Tickets in the Hammersmith and Putney Ends for our game with Bolton will be available to purchase on the gate, priced at £30 adults and £20 juniors. Fans wishing to buy tickets in the Johnny Haynes and Riverside Stands must visit the Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/october/01/next-up-bolton?

WhiteJC

Fulham striker Marcello Trotta in talks over possible loan move to League One Barnsley
Forward has recently had loan spells with Brentford, Watford and Wycombe
22-year-old is ready to go out on loan again to gain more game time
Barnsley manager Danny Wilson wants to strengthen attacking options
Tykes currently sit fourth from bottom in League One

Fulham striker Marcello Trotta is being lined up for another loan move away from Craven Cottage, this time to League One strugglers Barnsley.

The Italy U21 international has had previous loan spells with Brentford, Watford and Wycombe in recent seasons and is ready to go out on loan again in search of more game time.

Barnsley are finding it difficult to adapt to life in League One following their relegation last season and are currently fourth from bottom in England's third tier.

Fulham striker Marcello Trotta is in talks over a possible loan move to League One strugglers Barnsley

The Italian U21 striker scored 22 goals in 70 appearances during his two seasons on loan at Brentford

Trotta cuts a popular figure following the Bees' League One Play Off Semi Final victory over Swindon in 2013

Danny Wilson is out for more striking options after just two wins from Barnsley's first nine League One games

The Tykes face high-flying Rochdale on Saturday and manager Danny Wilson is keen to bolster his forward options to lift his team up the table.

Fulham face Bolton tonight but Trotta has yet to figure for them this season.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2776341/Fulham-striker-Marcello-Trotta-talks-possible-loan-League-One-Barnsley.html#ixzz3Eu8gp1nK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Pay On The Gate

Tickets for tonight's fixture against Bolton Wanderers (kick-off 8pm) will be available to purchase on the gate.

Tickets will be available to buy (cash only) from Hammersmith and Putney End turnstiles. Supporters wishing to sit in the Johnny Haynes or Riverside Stands will need to purchase tickets from the Fulham Ticket Office. Prices for this evening's game start from £30 adults and £15 juniors.

Make sure you're at the Cottage this evening as the Whites look to make it three wins in little over a week!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/october/01/pay-on-the-gate?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Bolton Wanderers: Lineup and match predictions

The good old days - Ian Walton

Who will start at Craven Cottage? Who will win at Craven Cottage? What will the final score be? And which manager will survive that result? Make your predictions here.

This is a big match.  Bigger than you would expect and early season midweek match to be.  Fulham have already fired their manager.  Their interim manager, Kit Symons, has had some initial success, and many supporters think he should get the permanent job.  That can be dangerous (Just look back at Lee, Sammy).  The club have formed a search committee, but if Symons gets another win on Wednesday, it will get that much more difficult to return him to his youth coaching role.

Bolton Wanderers, on the other hand, have not started to right the ship.  In fact, if many supporters are to be believed, the ship is being rammed repeatedly into an iceberg.  To hear some describe it, manager Dougie Freedman is at the helm, blissfully ignorant of the iceberg's presence.  Others claim that Chairman Phil Gartside is stearing the ship, that Freedman is a hapless passenger, or worse, a willing accomplice.  Metaphors aside, if Freedman's side lose in London on Wednesday, and lose again at home on Saturday, it is hard to see him keeping his job.

We know what is at stake.  Most managers would ring in the changes after Saturday's poor performance against Derby County, but Dougie rings in the changes after every match, win or lose, so it is hard to see any difference.  My prediction of the starting XI is below:

Andy Lonergan

Tim Ream Matt Mills Dorian Dervite  Dean Moxey

Mark Davies Jay Spearing Medo Kamara Darren Pratley

Joe Mason  Craig Davies

To be clear, that is not who I would pick, but who I think will start at Craven Cottage.  And I think the result will be a 2-2 draw. 

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2014/10/1/6877477/fulham-v-bolton-wanderers-lineup-and-match-predictions

WhiteJC

Championship: Gianfranco Zola has emerged as favourite for the vacant job at Fulham

Gianfranco Zola has emerged as a leading contender for the vacant manager's position at Fulham, according to Sky Bet's odds.

The former Chelsea striker,  who has been out of work since leaving Watford in December 2013, has come in from 18/1 to 6/4 since Tuesday afternoon amid an increase in betting interest.

Club owner Shahid Khan has handed a five-man panel the task of identifying the best candidates for the role, and caretaker boss Kit Symons is also believed to be in a strong position.

The Fulham U21s boss steered the club to their first win in the Sky Bet Championship on Saturday and he remains the bookmakers' favourite at 5/4, though he faces fresh competition from former West Ham boss Zola.

Former Norwich manager Chris Hughton has also been linked with the role and is 6/1 to succeed Felix Magath, who was relieved of his duties last month following seven defeats in eight league games this term.

Other candidates include former Celtic managers Neil Lennon (10/1) and Tony Mowbray (14/1), while Alan Curbishley is 16/1 to return to the Cottagers.

Sky Bet's Dale Tempest said: "Hughton has actually been the punters' choice and there's more bets riding on him than any other candidate, though Symons remains our favourite.

"But the money coming on Zola this week has taken us by surprise, so we're keeping an eye on those developments."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/9498075?

WhiteJC

Niall Quinn: Why Fulham want my help to find Felix Magath's successor

Niall Quinn has explained why he has been called in to help Fulham's search for a new manager.

Quinn is part of a five-man committee appointed by owner Shahid Khan to find Felix Magath's successor.

The former Republic of Ireland striker, who was chairman at Sunderland from 2006-11, said: "They recognised that I helped to do something right up at Sunderland some years ago.

"They are looking for some outside help alongside four other Fulham stalwarts to form the criteria and form the best list possible to come up with the right man for the job at Fulham. It is very important."

Former Fulham players Danny Murphy and Brian McBride, academy director Huw Jennings and David Daly, a Fulham fan and director at Nike, complete the committee.

Caretaker boss Kit Symons takes charge of the team against Bolton tonight and, despite the appointment of the committee, is favourite to land to job on a permanent basis.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/niall-quinn-why-fulham-want-my-help-to-find-felix-magaths-successor-9767259.html