Main Menu

should there be a song for

Started by blingo, October 01, 2014, 07:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Khan or should we just do the Khan Khan?   051

Toby Ward-Smith

Paul Trollope

Why on earth would we want a song about Khan?

I support my club not the chairman.

I am getting fed up with seeing pictures of him all over the website and Facebook page.  The guy seems to be an egomaniac who brought the club partially for publicity and adoration.

He clearly has not got a clue what he is doing and in my view his poor decision making is the main reason why my Fulham was relegated!

epsomraver

Quote from: Paul Trollope on October 01, 2014, 09:51:44 AM

I am getting fed up with seeing pictures of him all over the website and Facebook page.  The guy seems to be an egomaniac who brought the club partially for publicity and adoration.

He clearly has not got a clue what he is doing and in my view his poor decision making is the main reason why my Fulham was relegated!

It is the 1st of October and not April?

NorfolkJim

I don't mind licking a little bit of Khan boot if it keeps him sweet. MAF liked it and we are still singing his name -

Andy_M

Quote from: NorfolkJim on October 01, 2014, 11:07:28 AM
I don't mind licking a little bit of Khan boot if it keeps him sweet. MAF liked it and we are still singing his name -

Exactly. We still sing "Al Fayed, take me home...."

This could be changed to "Shahid Khan, take me home....." same syllables as Al Fayed.
@got_maile

Deanothefulhamfan

I don't see a problem with the Khan song, infact I would encourage it.

Shahid Khan has made mistakes granted, but he seems to be learning gradually, and I believe we need to make sure Khan stays at the helm, if this means making him feel good with a song then so be it. If he were to sell it would be a disaster for our clubs future and success.

Khan is much better than some other chairman as well. 

blingo

Why on earth would you want one about Al Fayed after all this time?

No Chairman = No club m8. Remind me who paid 150 million for that privilidge?

I am getting fed up with seeing pictures of him all over the website and Facebook page.  The guy seems to be an egomaniac who brought the club partially for publicity and adoration.

And Al Fayed was/did not??

The truth is that it is NOT, YOUR Fulham, you support the club but you don't own it or have any say in the running of it, whereas Khan does.

akf

I'm trying to come up with Khan lyrics to the tune on Macho Man. Need a couple more beers first...

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Andy_M on October 01, 2014, 11:14:25 AM

This could be changed to "Shahid Khan, take me home....." same syllables as Al Fayed.

By all means make up a song for khan but I really really hope no one allows him to take the place of al fayed. How on earth can anyone even consider changing the take me home song? Were not a glory hunting mob so lets keep a little respect for the great man and not brush him aside just because we are have started the new era poorly.

Please no one try a version of shahid khan take me home. It just doesnt feel right
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Paul Trollope

Quote from: blingo on October 01, 2014, 01:20:55 PM

The truth is that it is NOT, YOUR Fulham, you support the club but you don't own it or have any say in the running of it, whereas Khan does.

Hi Blingo as with many fans I have been around long before Khan and will be around long after him

Without the people that turn up to watch the games and support the team where would the club be?  Nowhere.  Khan might have spent £150m to buy the club but what has it moved us forward?  No - we have been relegated!

MAF moved us from the third division to the Premier League, something I thought that I would never see, so deserves the applause he gets.  Khan simply does not.

When Khan bought into FFC he said "Fulham is the perfect club at the perfect time for me.  I want to be clear, I do not view myself so much as the owner of Fulham, but a custodian of the club on behalf of its fans.  My priority is to ensure the club and Craven Cottage each have a viable and sustainable Premier League future that fans of present and future generations can be proud of."  Has he achieved that?  No.

blingo

He never took us home, Al fayed did so it would be wrong to sing that Khan took us home.

K33NY

Quote from: Andy_M on October 01, 2014, 11:14:25 AM

When I heard the fans sing this on Saturday, I kinda felt it was wrong to use Al Fayed, dont get me wrong what he did for us back then was will allways be remembered, but he just isnt here anymore so I feel weird hearing hes name :P

I think Shahid Khan should be in that song now, the name fits, he wants to expand Craven and he IS our new owner.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: blingo on October 01, 2014, 01:45:35 PM
He never took us home, Al fayed did so it would be wrong to sing that Khan took us home.

Exactly! Great point blingo. The song wouldnt make sense or mean anything with khan instead of mo.  Plus its my favourite song that we sing so I hope it will never be tarnished.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

blingo

Quote from: Paul Trollope on October 01, 2014, 01:44:26 PM
Quote from: blingo on October 01, 2014, 01:20:55 PM

Hi Blingo as with many fans I have been around long before Khan and will be around long after him

Without the people that turn up to watch the games and support the team where would the club be?  Nowhere.  Khan might have spent £150m to buy the club but what has it moved us forward?  No - we have been relegated!

MAF moved us from the third division to the Premier League, something I thought that I would never see, so deserves the applause he gets.  Khan simply does not.

When Khan bought into FFC he said "Fulham is the perfect club at the perfect time for me.  I want to be clear, I do not view myself so much as the owner of Fulham, but a custodian of the club on behalf of its fans.  My priority is to ensure the club and Craven Cottage each have a viable and sustainable Premier League future that fans of present and future generations can be proud of."  Has he achieved that?  No.

I too have been around for over half a century Paul but the fact is that Khan IS the owner of FFC and it is HIS money that bought the club from MAF. MAF did wonders for us, but we have to give SK a chance to get things right. MAF left us underinvested in terms of players and our squad was too old and lost the desire to play in the prem from JOL onwards. SK put his trust in the people he thought could do well for us but unfortunately that was not the case. I believe that we have some very talented players right now who are learning and improving with every week that passes by. SK has shown he means business by forming the new committee and Kit is doing very well right now, so he may well keep the job. 2 wins out of three matches is close to promotion form. We may, or may not be around after SK but the simple reality is that our current situation will take time to sort out. FM cleared out virtually ALL of our old team and brought in 20 players including youngsters, so of course it will not happen overnight, but it will turn in our favour. Tonight will yield another 3 points for us so lets stay positive and keep the faith. COYW.

Barrett487

Quote from: blingo on October 01, 2014, 07:21:10 AM
Khan or should we just do the Khan Khan?   051

based on Suzi Quatro....

Put ur hand in ur pocket Shahid
You gotta Khan the Khan

I must point out that i dont really think putting his hand in his pocket is what we need (btw this is not part of the lyric for the benefit of pedants)

Barrett487

kit it on
bang a gong
kit it on

(i know it's lame)

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

jms

Quote from: Barrett487 on October 01, 2014, 10:07:30 PM
kit it on
bang a gong
kit it on

(i know it's lame)

It's not lame, it's great, and the shrine of Mark Bolan is just across the river from the ground. All very appropriate, and 'easy to learn'  :wine:

akf

Quote from: jms on October 01, 2014, 10:42:13 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on October 01, 2014, 10:07:30 PM
kit it on
bang a gong
kit it on

(i know it's lame)

It's not lame, it's great, and the shrine of Mark Bolan is just across the river from the ground. All very appropriate, and 'easy to learn'  :wine:

You could even replace 'bang a gong' with 'Felix is gone'