watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next Manager = Fulham's Future

Started by FulhamStu, October 01, 2014, 10:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Obviously its crucial we have the correct appointment with our next Manager. There are a number of fans who question how committed Khan is, partly because he has not spent a fortune in transfers. Magath was able to massively reduce the number of highly paid players and this will continue in Jan or the summer when Ruiz, Hugo and possibly Amor depart. Ruiz and Hugo's contracts both expire and will never be re-signed on anything like current terms, so yes Khan has done a lot of cutting to match our reduced income from the Championship.

The crucial part now is, will he invest enough to get us a strong enough squad to seriously challenge. He still talks about wanting Premiership and better. This will only be achieved by recruiting better players.

During the summer, we recruited one top player in McCormack. This was low risk with his previous record. Apart from this signing Magath spent little. Was this due to Khan not wanting to spend or was it due to Khan not being convinced that Magath was going to be around that long.

I would like to believe that Khan will back the next manager. He surely knows that he can't be changing managers all the time. He really had no choice to change previously and should have sacked Jol before he did. Rene was odd and Magath was always a risk, he probably thought a risk worth taking, however MUST have had doubt as to Magaths methods and was not prepared to give him a big budget knowing he may not be around too long.

The next Manager has to work, has to be right and Khan has to back him with a good transfer budget. This will give the new manager a greater chance of success and therefore stability etc etc etc.

The recruitment committee is a great idea and has perfect people on it in my opinion. The likes of Murphy are pretty hard nosed and I am sure they would love Kit to succeed and become a top manager. HOWEVER, they will, I am sure, have been briefed to get the best manager, capable of getting Fulham back into the Premiership. The new manager will need to be able to attract good players and this will surely also be a criteria of the brief. Can Kit do this ? People are talking about available managers, however the committee may think an in-work manager would be the best option. The new manager will have to want to come to Fulham and they will know its no good trying to get someone who will not come.

This new manager needs to be backed in the transfer market. I think Khan will do this for the long term. Its a massive decision and he is right to take his time to get the correct person.

Khans commitment to delivering success on the pitch will become clearer after the above. I do not think we currently really know. He talks a good game that's for sure, I have to think he wants success, however does he have the determination to make sure it happens. Success in football is generally delivered by spending a lot of money. He will know this, he is not stupid. He has spent a lot of money on aquiring Fulham, he is VERY wealthy, he wants success, he will know how to achieve this and it will mean spending and totally backing the new manager. The new manager has to be a great appointment.

aaronmcguigan

The new manager will have to want to come to Fulham

The new manager has to be a great appointment

he is VERY wealthy,

He has spent a lot of money on aquiring Fulham

This new manager needs to be backed in the transfer market.

This will only be achieved by recruiting better players.

Great post Sherlock Holmes,
Loving the state the obvious approach.

colinwhite

Well said said stu , Im with you. (no poetic twist intended)

FulhamStu

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on October 01, 2014, 02:26:42 PM
The new manager will have to want to come to Fulham

The new manager has to be a great appointment

he is VERY wealthy,

He has spent a lot of money on aquiring Fulham

This new manager needs to be backed in the transfer market.

This will only be achieved by recruiting better players.

Great post Sherlock Holmes,
Loving the state the obvious approach.

I have made these as you say 'obvious points' to make my arguments.

Thanks for reading Murphy the brilliant.