watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The next 4

Started by Mokes, October 01, 2014, 10:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mokes

The last 4 games with Kit at the helm have been better every week. It's great to see the optimism back on the forum and long may it continue.

The general feeling seems to be that a mid table finish will be a decent result given the disastrous start. I don't think a top 6 finish is beyond reach, however unlikely it looks at the moment. If we are to have any chance at all it will be the next 4 games that set us up. If we can get 7 points from Middlesbrough, Norwich, Rotherham and Charlton (I fancy us against Norwich and Rotherham, and a draw from the other two) we can go on a real run for the 5 following that. If we go into Wigan, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Brentford and Brighton with confident team playing the football they showed they can play tonight then 13 points from those fixtures is well within the realms of possibility. 27  points after 19 rounds would leave us just outside the top 10 (going off the last couple of years) with over half a season left to play. It is by no means beyond us.

Watford, Leeds and Sheffield will be tough games and would have been a write off but confidence but makes the world of difference!

The club need to stick with Kit. Experience is nothing if the players don't want to play for them.

JDH101

Logicalman

Quote from: Mokes on October 01, 2014, 10:56:23 PM
The last 4 games with Kit at the helm have been better every week. It's great to see the optimism back on the forum and long may it continue.

The general feeling seems to be that a mid table finish will be a decent result given the disastrous start. I don't think a top 6 finish is beyond reach, however unlikely it looks at the moment. If we are to have any chance at all it will be the next 4 games that set us up. If we can get 7 points from Middlesbrough, Norwich, Rotherham and Charlton (I fancy us against Norwich and Rotherham, and a draw from the other two) we can go on a real run for the 5 following that. If we go into Wigan, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Brentford and Brighton with confident team playing the football they showed they can play tonight then 13 points from those fixtures is well within the realms of possibility. 27  points after 19 rounds would leave us just outside the top 10 (going off the last couple of years) with over half a season left to play. It is by no means beyond us.

Watford, Leeds and Sheffield will be tough games and would have been a write off but confidence but makes the world of difference!

The club need to stick with Kit. Experience is nothing if the players don't want to play for them.

Yep, good post, I was thinking the same for the next 4 games as well. Cautious optimism, with a well-deserved dose of what has become fulhamish reality.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Jack Fulham

Charlton and Huddersfield upsetting Norwich and Wolves prove how open the championship can be. Ipswich are 4th and didn't look that great vs us. All about momentum though, I don't think we have the most solid defence so a lot of this season so we will have to rely on outscoring the opposition. 108 points up for grabs still.

Wingnut

Good post but let's take it one game at a time. Boro at the weekend is going to be a tough assignment. They haven't lost a game since August. A win at the weekend will really set us on our way.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

MasterHaynes

After the awful run of results, which contained some impressive performances and my awful predictions of a minimum of 20 points from our first 10 games(was sticking to it even after our first 2 losses  :028:) I'm just going to do the proverbial 'Take it one game at a time' :doh: .
I'm well used to the Fulhamish results(of which I was half expecting last night 063.gif) having witnessed,especially over the last few years, my hopes being regularly dashed in the dying minutes of games, coupled with the team only turning up for one half of a game the despondency I felt in the 69, when we free falled through the the then 2nd division in a similar manner, returned. I need to get used to this feeling of winning succesive games for my optimism to be restored.

Last night emotions I distantly remembered from many years ago returned in the latter stages of the game, looking to see  there was only 15 minutes left  came as a real disappointment, I was relaxed and wanting more, believing we could score 4,5 or even 6. The walk back to the station through the park amidst a crowd of happy people all buzzing and talking positively about the team and manager meant a detour for a celebratory drink was in order before catching the train home  :wine:.

Now lets beat Middlesboro and get within striking distance of escaping the bottom 3  049:gif .