watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A few observations from last nights game

Started by stevehawkinslidingtackle, October 02, 2014, 05:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Due to working away, and just returning to the UK, last night was my first chance to go and watch us in the championship this season.

1. Firstly I thought the atmosphere was brilliant. Last night knocked spots off of the majority of Premier league games I had been to, which just goes to to show that even with just over 1/2 capacity, hardcore fans can create the atmosphere and 12th man the players need. From sitting Stevenage Rd, F, Hammersmith End sounded superb.

2. Keeper didn't have a shot to save as far as I could remember, but commanded his area well. His gathering of crosses and corners reminded me of Maik Taylor, although his kicking and quick distribution were also top notch.

3. Stand out players for me were Staf with his running in first half, Hooglands all round impressive game, and Ruiz. You can always tell how good a player is by the time he creates on the ball, and i think he'll excel in this division. The subs were all good, and shows what a strong squad we have. Roberts running with the ball was a final nail in the coffin for the Bolton players. Would love to see him get a regular 30mins.

4. I have to feel a little sorry for Bolton, and as I looked over at their 200 or so fans, it just goes to show what a fine line there is in this division. They'll struggle this season, and without a whimper of noise coming from their support, they know it too. Anyone who is concerned with our position, fear not, we are streaks in front of this lot, and playing like that we'll put a host load of other teams to the sword this season.

5. I hope this new Managers advisory panel were there last night, because the fans should also have their say. If that's the case, they'll take note and give Kit the job. Search over panel, now all go and give yourselves a pat on the back. I wish my job was that easy  :clap_hands:

TonyGilroy

Most enjoyable Craven Cottage experience since the demolition of QPR three years ago.

Great team performance full of effort and skill. The improvement in terms of team work, organisation and sheer enthusiasm amongst the players is unbelievable and has to be attributed to Kit. To give the job to anyone else would be madness.