watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fixtures

Started by NorfolkJim, October 03, 2014, 07:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkJim

Does anyone here understand the notification process for televised games? I want to arrange my travel for future games and while it's not as bad as in the Prem, I notice the Watford game has now been moved.
Am I safe to book train tickets etc up to Christmas? How far have sky/BT notified games for.?

It's always a total pain to be all booked up and then it gets moved but the good deals often depend on advance booking and without these I'd never afford to get to the games I do.
Sad to see Megabus have pulled the early bus to and late bus from Birmingham - that would have been an affordable and viable route to Wigan for me and a number of other places too.

Deanothefulhamfan

I thought Sky made the changes at the start of the season, surely if a game is moved now it is for league cup and fa cup replays if teams are affected.

But then I have no idea why Watford was moved?

ScalleysDad

I feel your angst NJ. The Watford change struck me as a bit late in the day but now also the third Friday nighter between now and Christmas. Sundays were always a pain but Friday nights are proving logistical nightmares. Based on nothing more than Watford approaching a possible six pointer I cannot how it fits the bill for top Friday night viewing. I had thought the Leeds game would switch but they wouldn't do it to us two weeks running would they? You can get train tickets up to Christmas Day at the moment so I am banking on Sheff Wed not being moved and then Brighton at home of course is already settled. What price Notts Forest in mid January not staying at 3pm Saturday? 

Supermitch

Quote from: ScalleysDad on October 03, 2014, 09:47:00 AM
I feel your angst NJ. The Watford change struck me as a bit late in the day but now also the third Friday nighter between now and Christmas. Sundays were always a pain but Friday nights are proving logistical nightmares. Based on nothing more than Watford approaching a possible six pointer I cannot how it fits the bill for top Friday night viewing. I had thought the Leeds game would switch but they wouldn't do it to us two weeks running would they? You can get train tickets up to Christmas Day at the moment so I am banking on Sheff Wed not being moved and then Brighton at home of course is already settled. What price Notts Forest in mid January not staying at 3pm Saturday? 

Forest at home is also FA Cup 4 weekend.  If either of us get through the 3rd round then the league match will be off.  Madness having a full league programme on that day but....

Berserker

Good job the Watford game change has been mentioned I hadn't noticed that
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

BestOfBrede

Sorry to go off subject NorfolkJim, but wonder if you could advise on the following at all, please?
Have you been to and therfore can advise on either of the following two pubs for lunch:
The Blue Boar, Wroxham rd
The Sole & Heel, Rackheath
Will be passing through on our way to Coltishall and will stop for lunch and so your view would be appreciated.
Cheers

Putney

Sky release their fixtures every few months and are now currently up to the end of December.

The only confirmed televised fixtures in 2015 are Euro qualifiers.