News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FA looking at David Beckham as England manager (its not a joke )

Started by tingtawng, June 28, 2010, 04:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tingtawng

FA ready to turn to David Beckham as Fabio Capello teeters on brink

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/worldcup/article-23850094-fa-ready-to-turn-to-david-beckham-as-fabio-capello-teeters-on-brink.do

It sounds crazy but FA could do worse than appoint David Beckham
Fabio Capello to hold press conference as job speculation mounts

It sounds crazy but FA could do worse than appoint David Beckham
Fabio Capello to hold press conference as job speculation mounts

Fabio Capello was today locked in talks over his future with Dave Richards following England's humiliating World Cup exit at the hands of Germany.

Richards, chairman of Club England, spent this morning in discussions with the Italian about his future after England's calamitous campaign that saw them win just one game.

The 64-year-old held a press conference this afternoon where it was revealed his future will be decided by the FA over the next two weeks.

But it was clear in South Africa that Capello had become increasingly disillusioned and did not enjoy the experience of leading England at a major tournament.

Should the former AC Milan and Real Madrid coach decide to step down, the Football Association are considering a shock approach to former captain David Beckham.

The final decision has been left to Richards with the FA in disarray following the recent resignations of chief executive Ian Watmore and chairman Lord Triesman.

The players will fly home tonight with question marks over the international futures of a number of Capello's squad.

One player who is determined to fight on is goalkeeper David James. The 39-year-old insisted he will remain available for selection for as long as he's playing regularly.

"I want to carry on," he said. "It was the first World Cup I have played in and I didn't want to go home. I am never going to retire as long as I am playing first team football."

James also defended Wayne Rooney's poor performances at the World Cup.

He said: "I didn't notice a lack of fitness. Teams know how good he is and Germany stopped him from playing."

Meanwhile, FIFA today refused to comment on renewed calls for goal-line technology to be introduced following the officials' failure to award Frank Lampard's goal' in Bloemfontein yesterday.
IN SVEN VE TVUST

tingtawng

yeh every manager turns out to be a disaster so why break the chain ,bring it on
IN SVEN VE TVUST

AlFayedsChequebook

I cannot see this happening, but if it did it would set English football back even further

Logicalman

Give it to LS - he's English (sort of - OK, OK, so he's British, that's close enough) - at least he'd make McClaren look successful  :011:

ron

....and Posh as director of football and team grooming.......  :dft007: :dft007: :dft009: :dft009: :dft008: :dft008:

FC Silver Fox

David Beckham takes his first training session talking to his England squad :
"Right lads, they are small white mints that you can pop into your mouth. They come in a handy transparent box.....".
"No David, you have to talk about Tactics, not Tic Tacs."
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Jimbobob

:55: :55: :55:
Actually the FA wants to pursue Sporty Spice not David Beckham:

"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

jarv

I have said it many times, it makes absolutely NO DIFFERENCE who manages England. They are a cr@p team with mostly ordinary players. The team picks itself. They need a serious dose of humility. Get rid of pikeys like Terry etc and get in a coach like the US have. A guy who has studied his craft. The press do not help either, fuelling these idiot's egos.
I suspect there are many people on this board who could do it. After all, when one gets a bit older, it is all about dealing with a bunch of overgrown kids.

leonffc

As far as I know, Beckham has no coaching qualifications and it would take him about two years to get to his pro licence. I'd stick with Capello anyway. Let him learn from his first touranment mistakes and go out to win the Euros. Unless of course there really is bad feeling towards him in the camp.
As Jarv says, anyone new coming in will just pick the same old faces anyway.