watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it just me?

Started by blingo, October 07, 2014, 08:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Or does anyone else think that Sean should be saved from his boring commentaries with GJ?

RaySmith

I think they work well together.

Deanothefulhamfan

I really like sean and GJ together, he gives a different perspective.

blingo

But he makes everything sound monotone.

epsomraver

Quote from: blingo on October 07, 2014, 09:47:36 AM
But he makes everything sound monotone.

With a slight West Indian drawl :005:

RidgeRider

A straighter personality often goes well with a more personalized style.  I think Sean does well and though he is definitely not as animated, I think it works well that he's not.

keith

Ha ha, well said. Tuning in over here on the Costa Blanca, I thought I was listening to Michael Holding.

Fulham1959

I like listening to the two of them together and it must be more enjoyable for GJ, too.  Sean adds a different dimension, as a former player.

valdeingruo

They work well together. Sean can be blunt but that works well against GJs commentary, plus
Sean has all of that experience playing and adds a different dimension.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Logicalman

Blingo, seems its just you so far!  :023:

Only kidding mate. Personally I think its not a bad idea to give some kind of foil to GJs rapier-type condemnation of everything non-Fulham (then again they both agree the team is better off since the previous incumbents departure), and Sean is better than some other commentators I've listened to, especially the Darke Macca team we get on ESPN.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

blingo

Do you mean the four eyed, European, overweight man of dubious parentage Mr L lol lol lol.

HatterDon

Sean is great. He makes a lot of sense, and his personality is perfect. There IS a problem with him on the broadcast though. Jim alone is telling a blind person -- which all of us are -- about what's happening on the pitch. Jim and Sean, conversely, are two guys chatting about the match, the state of the squad, who is likely to get the job, the long term effect of Magath's rule and the future of the club. It's all good stuff for a television booth while we are able to see the action, but it doesn't work on radio where we're all ... you know ... blind.

As much as I've enjoyed Sean's insight, I think if we're ever going to have an idea of what's going on on the pitch from moment-to-moment, Jim should return to a solo act.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

Quote from: blingo on October 07, 2014, 03:08:28 PM
Do you mean the four eyed, European, overweight man of dubious parentage Mr L lol lol lol.

You've seen me then!!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

RidgeRider

Hatter makes a very good point, but I guess I am measuring his influence to the broadcast partially because of watching the replays with the audio with GJ & Sean.

WhiteJC

I've nothing against Sean however, I'd prefer GJ on his own

blingo

Quote from: Logicalman on October 08, 2014, 03:21:56 AM
Quote from: blingo on October 07, 2014, 03:08:28 PM

You've seen me then!!

Are we brothers Mr L ???? hahahahaha