watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham 3 Cardiff 3 Friendly

Started by ChesterTheTabby, October 09, 2014, 05:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Matt Smith scores another brace in a friendly - The lad is obviously talented, he has scored 4 goals in two friendlies for us (I know they are merely friendlies), but for how little we paid for him he may be quite the bargain. A beauty of a goal from Chris Davis as well.

-Mike
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

TheManOnTheBus

Is this at MP today and is there a video? Or where you there?

ProfficerFFC

Fulham team: Rodák (Norman 45); Passley, Hutchinson, Casasola (Arthurworrey 59), Evans; Fazlic, Fotheringham; Na Bangna (O'Halloran 45), David, Eisfeld (Plumain 45); Smith

HatterDon

Quote from: ProfficerFFC on October 09, 2014, 06:32:04 PM
Fulham team: Rodák (Norman 45); Passley, Hutchinson, Casasola (Arthurworrey 59), Evans; Fazlic, Fotheringham; Na Bangna (O'Halloran 45), David, Eisfeld (Plumain 45); Smith

Good to see Casasola and David playing -- so we can assume they are at least near to full fitness.

I REALLY liked what I saw of Arthurworry, Na Bangna, and especially Grimmer in the Dallas Cups. I hope they stick with us and make an impact.

Speaking of which, where is Grimmer now?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: HatterDon on October 09, 2014, 06:59:42 PM
Fulham team: Rodák (Norman 45); Passley, Hutchinson, Casasola (Arthurworrey 59), Evans; Fazlic, Fotheringham; Na Bangna (O’Halloran 45), David, Eisfeld (Plumain 45); Smith

Good to see Casasola and David playing -- so we can assume they are at least near to full fitness.

I REALLY liked what I saw of Arthurworry, Na Bangna, and especially Grimmer in the Dallas Cups. I hope they stick with us and make an impact.

Speaking of which, where is Grimmer now?

What's the time ?   7:20 pm  in the UK, probably getting ready to watch Coronation Street with
a glass of cocoa and a pretty girl.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Riversider

Chris David must start against Norwich , no justification whatsoever to ignore him again.

hovewhite

David is the biggest miss for me under kit,as the midfield would create a lot more if he was in the team.
He for me is ready for the first team.

PaulJ123

I'd like to see David alongside Christensen (with Parker and Ruiz as the tips of diamond), Hyndman's ok but David is more creative with LVC doing the running a bit more to cover for David going forward.

andyk

Great to see Dean O'Halloran knocking on the door, he takes a mean set piece and his corners are deadly, hope he makes it.

ffcbulgaria

We scored 3 goals with Fazlic and Fotheringham playing 90 minutes... surely the rest must be very talented players!

Deanothefulhamfan

Arturworrey is a player I would like to see given a chance. His contract expires in the summer, so lets give him some game time, see what he can do and tie him down to a longer contract if he performs.

Smith is still behind Woodrow by quite a huge margin imo.

Thanks for the update though

Twig

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on October 11, 2014, 01:11:21 AM
We scored 3 goals with Fazlic and Fotheringham playing 90 minutes... surely the rest must be very talented players!

Ah but we also conceded 3!

ffc73

Eisfeld. Liked the little I have seen of him & was highly regarded at Arsenal (albeit never going to make it to the first team there)

Surprised to see him falling down the pecking order

MasterHaynes

Quote from: andyk on October 10, 2014, 10:15:35 PM
Great to see Dean O'Halloran knocking on the door, he takes a mean set piece and his corners are deadly, hope he makes it.
I agree everytime I watch Dean I think we have a youthful Damien Duff, he has pace, puts in a great cross and can tackle like a full back, I was surprised he didn't feature in any of Felix squads as I'm confident he will make it to teh first team, though end of last season he was frequently omitted in favour of Josh Smile which was really surprising and showed his worth when he replaced a tormented Josh in the first leg of the cup final, changing the game for us.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Riversider on October 09, 2014, 09:29:31 PM
Chris David must start against Norwich , no justification whatsoever to ignore him again.

I would play him instead of Ruiz particularly after his performance against Middlesborough
which highlighted the weaknesses which most of us know he has.

Ah !  but that was one game, he was great against Bolton (I hear some say)
But it's not 1 game it's 2 years and it's not because he was played in the wrong position

David is better and more consistent and adds more overall creativity, has more shots
(perhaps too many, but he'll learn to calm down and pass when there are better options)
and gives us a lot more STEEL and determination.

Ruiz is a one/two trick pony with minimal end product.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

HatterDon

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on October 12, 2014, 04:41:40 PM
Quote from: Riversider on October 09, 2014, 09:29:31 PM

I would play him instead of Ruiz particularly after his performance against Middlesborough
which highlighted the weaknesses which most of us know he has.

Ah !  but that was one game, he was great against Bolton (I hear some say)
But it's not 1 game it's 2 years and it's not because he was played in the wrong position

David is better and more consistent and adds more overall creativity, has more shots
(perhaps too many, but he'll learn to calm down and pass when there are better options)
and gives us a lot more STEEL and determination.

Ruiz is a one/two trick pony with minimal end product.

Ruiz, however, knows how to pass when nearing goal. David always wants to shoot regardless of where his teammates are situated. You can also trust Ruiz with a free kick near goal. David, on the other hand, ignores the fact that the biggies from defense are up for the kick and still only thinks of going straight for goal. It's caught us out a time or two with a quick counter-attack.

Don't get me wrong. David has a huge upside. He just needs to mature into a bit more of a team player when the goal's in sight. I think this may be a lesson he's learning by not playing. We'll see.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel