watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone got a second team?

Started by Barrett487, October 17, 2014, 10:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Crewe Alexandra. Saw them win 2-1 at Stamford Bridge in the FA cup in 1960 and then lose 5-1 at White Hart Lane. Dario Gradi is a god there and quiet rightly so as he found Danny Murphy.. 

092.gif

bog

The Tooting & Mitcham is probably aware that a former player of ours ran that side for a while and enjoyed a good FA Cup in the 1960's? Roy Dwight?
092.gif

Tonywa

I hate to say, but mine's Brentford. Always has been since I was a youngster and I've attended hundreds of games at Griffin Park since my first visit in the 'sixties.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bog on October 18, 2014, 08:49:33 AM
Crewe Alexandra. Saw them win 2-1 at Stamford Bridge in the FA cup in 1960 and then lose 5-1 at White Hart Lane. Dario Gradi is a god there and quiet rightly so as he found Danny Murphy.. 

092.gif

Ive got a soft spot for Crewe Alexandra as well, when I was a kid
listening to the football results their name always stood out from the rest.

Peppo

I don't have any particular team but find myself rooting for teams that are exciting to watch. Which is why I don't like chelsea much rather than them being our neighbours. Strangely last year I found myself actually liking Liverpool for the first time ever.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bog on October 18, 2014, 08:55:12 AM
The Tooting & Mitcham is probably aware that a former player of ours ran that side for a while and enjoyed a good FA Cup in the 1960's? Roy Dwight?
092.gif

Yes when they used to play at Sandy lane.
All different now of course home in Morden.

grandad

Fulham U 21´s followed by Fulham U 19´s & then Fulham U 17´s et sec
Where there's a will there's a wife

Nick the Swede

My local team growing up, Hammarby IF from Stockholm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IPW-C9HLpg

Always look out for the results of:
Oxford Utd since my Uni days
Woking - god knows why
St.Mirren (Scotland) since Hammarby played them (and knocked them out of the UEFA cup) in the 80's
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Holders

Exeter City. A traditional ground where you can still stand and can get a pasty and cider at half time.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ChesterTheTabby

Arsenal for me...Dad's team.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

crazycottager

i look for tottenham, losses i mean. But my  other team is in Ice Hockey' hometown Calgary Flames

Galeforce

Rangers in Scotland, Prestatyn in Wales and Wrexham in er um England?
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.

Mokes

BigNigeBowds

plymouth argyle as I'm from devon and used to go see them now and then so always like to see them do well
'Hamburg host the final, Fulham play in it'

@SamBowdenFFC

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Everton FC-my dads team
St Helens RLFC my home town rugby league club

That's about it 049:gif

love4ffc

Rabid Dogs (my old over 40 pub team) followed by the Rabid Puppies (my old over 30 pub team)
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Quote from: crazycottager on October 18, 2014, 04:25:53 PM
i look for tottenham, losses i mean. But my  other team is in Ice Hockey' hometown Calgary Flames
Grew up in Montana.  Not a real hockey fan but have gone to see the Flames play many moons ago.  Both before and during the Gretzky era.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

LBNo11

...Hampton (&RB) FC, I've supported them since 1967 (I was born just across the road from Hampton Court Palace) so I support one team called 'The Cottagers' and another called 'The Beavers'..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Adi-ffc

Oxford United. Loved the old manor ground and fans always create a good atmosphere.

robert

St.Mirren.Hello Nick the Sweed and fellow "Buddy".