watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Daniel De Rossi Says Okaka Will Achieve Great Things

Started by White Noise, February 01, 2010, 10:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/33418/De_Rossi_Fulham_new_boy_destined_for_big_things.aspx

De Rossi: Fulham new boy destined for big things

Author:  Nigel Brown

Posted on:01 February 2010 - 09:05

New Fulham signing Stefano Okaka has been hailed by former team mate and Italy international Daniel De Rossi to make a big impact in the Premier League with Fulham and revealed he believes the 20-year-old is destined for great things.

Okaka joined the Roman youth system in 2004 but has fialed to break into the first team plans following loan spells at Modena and Brescia. Despite this Okaka has scored 2 goals in 29 appearances for the club as well as plating for the Italian Under-20 side.

However Italian international Daniel De Rossi has hailed the prospect of Okaka, and also revealed that he has tried to block the player's departure from Rome. Fulham boss Roy Hodgson has tracked the player since the summer and was able to lure the forward on loan until the end of the season.

De Rossi told LaRoma24.it. :

"I have a penchant for Okaka. I already opposed his transfer a few years ago, but I'm happy for him.

??"I think it's good for Stefano to go and play there, but he could also do well here. He is destined for big things."

The 20-year-old impressed against the Cottagers in the Europa League earlier this season and boss Roy Hodgson has been keeping tabs on the talented forward.

Okaka is yet to finalise terms with the Cottagers but agent Domenico Scopelliti is expecting the deal to be rubber-stamped without a hitch today.

"The two clubs appear to have struck a loan deal, with Roma retaining an option to re-sign the player," he revealed.

"If he reaches an agreement with Fulham, he will move to England on loan for the next six months, with Fulham having the option to keep him for a further season."

One of Okaka's two goals this season for Roma came in their 2-1 European win over the London club in November

LRCN

totti said something similar to that too (might be been a while ago though). that's enough for me.

os5889

6 month loan deal the beeb says, any news on extendability and signing chance?

White Noise

I thought his agent had said that it is a six month loan with te option to make permanent. That differs from the reports that were around when the deal was being discussed first time round when it was a six month loan with the option of a further 12 month loan.

PokerMatt

If that re-signing thing is true, then it's going to be annoying if he sets the league alight as then Roma will take back their star. If he doesn't play well, we won't want him anyway.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

clintclintdeuce

Well DeRossi is a top notch front bottom so I wouldnt trust a word he says, and none of you should as well.

De Rossi sending off vs USA
The Dude abides.