watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

David Stockdale

Started by Mince n Tatties, October 19, 2014, 07:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Didnt have the best of games again for Brighton yesterday, could have saved the second
goal against them.
I know a Seagulls fan and he says a few of their mob dont rate Stockdale, not the first time this
season he has made a boob.
Talking of boobs our keeper on loan at Accrington made a right one as well, cost them
the match...

dannyboi-ffc

I loved Stockdale but that was more for his love and understanding of how special Fulham are. I'm starting to accept though that Betti is the real deal and losing stek/ stocko for the benefit and development of such an talented young man was the right decision.

Its a shame how stocko left and I hope he turns it around but its hard to miss him when Betti is so good and I feel the same about brede/burn now. It was time to start again even if it was hard to let go at first, especially brede who is up there with Murphy from the last era as club greats.

What baffles me is why burgess/ jorenen started the first 5 games or so. Ludicrous from felix
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Holders

I thought the manner of Stocko's leaving didn't appear very elegant on Fulham's part and I regret that as I liked him but I do now prefer Bettinelli to Stocko as a keeper.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Craven Mad

I still think that letting Stockers go - with no real backup plan to replace him, then dragging in Mr. Pyjamas as a last resort - was one of the most ridiculous transfer dealings I've seen.

Bettinelli has demonstrated why he was so highly rated last year and is looking like he'll rightly be our No.1 for a LONG time. However, I do still feel very disappointed by the way we let such a loyal servant go.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Craven Mad on October 19, 2014, 09:05:23 AM
I still think that letting Stockers go - with no real backup plan to replace him, then dragging in Mr. Pyjamas as a last resort - was one of the most ridiculous transfer dealings I've seen.

Bettinelli has demonstrated why he was so highly rated last year and is looking like he'll rightly be our No.1 for a LONG time. However, I do still feel very disappointed by the way we let such a loyal servant go.

Agree.....

Southdowns White

All the Brighton supporters down here are not happy with Stockdale, it's usually the first thing that they mention to me of late.

Max Headroom

The thing with Bettinelli is that after four or five games no one can say that he should have saved this or should have saved that......

The sign of a good keeper

I was sad when stocko left, but betts would be my number one choice, and if stocko had stayed he wouldn't be

epsomraver

Quote from: Craven Mad on October 19, 2014, 09:05:23 AM

:plus one:

Berserker

Didn't David want guaranteed no.1 spot and he couldn't have that at Fulham so left. Still sad to see him go,  Stockdale was a nice guy, a good Fulham man. But glad we now have a good replacement
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

FPT

What basically happened was, we lost David Stockdale, and realised after spending £10m on Ross McCormack, we had no money left to sign anyone that was better; so had to make do with Gabor Kiraly.

It's luckily worked out with Marcus Bettinelli looking like an absolute star. I don't think we need to sign a goalkeeper now, Marcus has done enough to be given the number 1 shirt until January at least, and even then, further investment needs to be made elsewhere - especially with possible losses.

It is sad to see a man that was loyal to the club leave, however, his form at Brighton fills me with comfort.

filham

We had best forget the untidy way Stockdale left and concentrate on the rest of our season. Right now the goalkeeper position is looking to be in safer hands with Betts.

shnlwswlkr

Was with my Brighton fan friend yesterday, didn't have a good thing to say about Stockdale!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: Berserker on October 19, 2014, 10:20:47 AM
Didn't David want guaranteed no.1 spot and he couldn't have that at Fulham so left. Still sad to see him go,  Stockdale was a nice guy, a good Fulham man. But glad we now have a good replacement

He left because of Magath. I've said it before on this forum and got abuse for it, but I was told through someone who lives next door to Stockdale that Magath turned up and basically lined people up telling them they're leaving the club and Stockdale was one of them.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Fulham1959

All players make mistakes, and will do in most matches.  All goalkeepers will make mistakes but for obvious reasons their mistakes stand out.  On the other hand their good work also stands out whereas, with outfield players, outstanding play can often go unnoticed.

Gordon Banks, Peter Bonetti, Tony Macedo, Lev Yashin, David Seaman, Joe Hart - they have all made crucial mistakes and Bettinelli will too. I hope Stockdale's form improves as I wish him well.

Deanothefulhamfan

I wish Stockdale all the best, and I hope Joronen has not been destroyed by Magath. Never should have been put to the slaughter, and it is prooving now how little confidence he has by making huge mistakes at a lower level.... Burgess and Joronen could be really damaged by FM for some time.

Berserker

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on October 19, 2014, 10:53:52 AM
Quote from: Berserker on October 19, 2014, 10:20:47 AM
Didn't David want guaranteed no.1 spot and he couldn't have that at Fulham so left. Still sad to see him go,  Stockdale was a nice guy, a good Fulham man. But glad we now have a good replacement

He left because of Magath. I've said it before on this forum and got abuse for it, but I was told through someone who lives next door to Stockdale that Magath turned up and basically lined people up telling them they're leaving the club and Stockdale was one of them.
Ah I used to live next door to a goal keeper called Frazer Digby, nice chap as were his parents
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.