watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz, dominating games and all that ...

Started by colinwhite, October 19, 2014, 09:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

The starting point for a revival is keeping things tight.

I thought we had the better of the first half, took the lead and effectively kept them away from our goal.

Of course they could have scored but so could we. Had we kept it open and conceded Kit would have been accused of being naive.

We won. For the fourth time in five games. Against the team who were top having won four out of five away games.

Rejoice as the evil witch said.

simplyfulham

Quote from: MJG on October 19, 2014, 02:43:51 PM
Ruiz passing contribution yesterday.. We are going from left to right in case you thought all those passes were forward

Ah excellent graphic! I've just spent 20 mins trying to find something like that, where did you get it?

(Tough to find in depth stats now we're not in the big leagues)

For someone who is supposed to be this world class no.10 - there's only maybe 2 passes into the final third, and none at all into the box.

Ruiz was decidedly average yesterday. You could have played almost anybody in that role and you probably would have seen a similar performance.

He has the 1 game in 10 - like at Bolton - where Ruiz will change the game.

It would be interesting to compare Kavanagh's passing yesterday as I bet it would be more adventurous - A 20 yo playing his first game in midfield ever (competitively).

TonyGilroy

He was part of a four man midfield who kept the opposition out of our penalty area.

MJG

Quote from: simplyfulham on October 19, 2014, 06:42:56 PM
Quote from: MJG on October 19, 2014, 02:43:51 PMRuiz passing contribution yesterday.. We are going from left to right in case you thought all those passes were forward

Ah excellent graphic! I've just spent 20 mins trying to find something like that, where did you get it?

(Tough to find in depth stats now we're not in the big leagues)

For someone who is supposed to be this world class no.10 - there's only maybe 2 passes into the final third, and none at all into the box.

Ruiz was decidedly average yesterday. You could have played almost anybody in that role and you probably would have seen a similar performance.

He has the 1 game in 10 - like at Bolton - where Ruiz will change the game.

It would be interesting to compare Kavanagh's passing yesterday as I bet it would be more adventurous - A 20 yo playing his first game in midfield ever (competitively).

Kavanagh

Website is http://www.squawka.com/

colinwhite

But come on . We played the ball past  Ruiz most of the time and his job was to tie things together when he could . when it got tight he resolved most of the situations he got into . The times he lost the ball was when he got outmusceleld/numbered by  2Norwich players who spent most of their time keeping an eye on him and not getting forward enough themselves .

MJG

We did not pass the ball past him more times than not. In fact he touched the ball. More than any other Fulham player.

colinwhite

I don't care about your statistics . watch the game again and tell me that we played the ball to Ruiz . Every dead ball we hit deliberately long . Something that we have not  done before . Even Betinelli took free kicks from the middle of our defensive half of the pitch , and pumped them into their box .
I think it was part of our game plan . Parker did no pirouettes , we played no balls up to Hugos feet ,and Ruiz didn't have a playmaker roll  as such . We played the ball over their defense or down the channels when in  possession  our back line .

MJG

I'm saying he had the most touches of any player,  it's not as if he was playing a defensive midfield role,  he's just not influencing our attacking play when really that is his role.

Tell me Why is it always another reason rather than  Ruiz's when he doesn't play well?

colinwhite

I think he did ok , no better no worse than any other player . But my point is we were not set up to play yesterday . What he did do was attract a lot of attention from Norwichs midfield who then themselves failed to get forward , hence their lack of goal chances .They had one cheap pen and a terrific strike from outside the box, but failed to create anything else and failed to hit us the break once in the entire game .
Im not saying that was down to Ruiz ,but clearly part of Kits plan .
David likes to run with ball which makes us susceptible to the counter if he loses it . Thats why I believe Kit isn`t picking him , he likes the ball to be played for ward quickly
.Have a nice sunday evening MJG, good to get stuck into a bit of  a debate !
Heres hoping for three points on tuesday , and it will be interesting to see how w 093.gif
e set up .

Skatzoffc

Quote from: DeuceBigelow on October 19, 2014, 10:30:35 AM
I'm not sure we were watching the same game. From my seat Ruiz was class, a pleasure to watch. Once Ruiz went off we were severely lacking in midfield and so spent the last 15 minutes with our backs to the wall. In recent games he's been more robust, tackling, heading and has an incredible ability to unknot the midfield and come away with the ball. I'm unsure why he gets more scrutiny than other individual players, but as part of the team it is clearly working.
I believe in Kit and feel that reinstating Ruiz was a very good move for the team.

Well I was at the game DB.
He was ok, but as usual it was not bad when attacking, but like playing with 10 men from a defensive standpoint.

I also think that, imo, the reason we lost the midfield was because Kit brought off a midfielder and brought on a striker who didn't have enough pace, (or enough decent passes to him), to keep the opposition pinned back.
Someone like Roberts/Williams would have helped our cause in keeping them back much better than the choice of Dembele imo.

Still a win and good defensive performance against the top of the the table is a great win in my view.

Keep it up you Whites!

049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

YankeeJim

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 19, 2014, 05:42:40 PM

I thought we won yesterday. Four wins from the last five games in fact but that just can't be true.

I'm being told on here by many intelligent posters that it was a poor performance by a team comprising the wrong players using the wrong tactics.

Strange world.

:plus one:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Riverside

We beat the team top of the division . We win 4 of our last 5 . And the top posts on this Board focus on hammering Ruiz . Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

absent cottager

We the team that's let in he most goals this season, beat and didn't concede against the team that's scored the most. Some achievement.

Zu-Meister

We need chris david to take ruiz's place.