watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz, dominating games and all that ...

Started by colinwhite, October 19, 2014, 09:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Typical that match reports from the game say Norwich had a huge 60 per cent of the possession and therefore should have won the game . When we have a most of the ball we  are deemed ineffective and teams just let us play. Have less of the possession and suddenly we are "dominated".
Shouldn't let it bother me but it does . 2 wins this week and lot of people can seriously start eating a lot of  humble pie .

Haven't seen the game yesterday , just listened to Jim , but as far as Ruiz is concerned , he has clearly made a difference in Kits eyes and is probably his first name on the team sheet . He is not a grafter or ball winner but is class and whatever his shortcomings we should be very happy he is our player as he is rated by many as by far the best player in the championship .
Kit is the first fulham manager to give him a run in team   with the right balance around him.

Max Headroom

I'm afraid I disagree. He is class going forward, but in games when there is a battle going on he is often a liability, giving the ball away in dangerous positions. He was tackling more yesterday but too often is hanging around in space watching the game go by.

I would rather have McCormack there.  Or David, or even Roberts

He is likely to leave in January.

And I'm not slating him. I like him, I think he is a very decent human being, but the championship is not the league for him. And I'm happy to be proved wrong and eat humble pie. But it's the same debate every week.

epsomraver

Quote from: Max Headroom on October 19, 2014, 10:09:03 AM
I'm afraid I disagree. He is class going forward, but in games when there is a battle going on he is often a liability, giving the ball away in dangerous positions. He was tackling more yesterday but too often is hanging around in space watching the game go by.

I would rather have McCormack there.  Or David, or even Roberts

He is likely to leave in January.

And I'm not slating him. I like him, I think he is a very decent human being, but the championship is not the league for him. And I'm happy to be proved wrong and eat humble pie. But it's the same debate every week.

Totally agree with that, he does not want to be here.

epsomraver

Quote from: colinwhite on October 19, 2014, 09:58:07 AM
Typical that match reports from the game say Norwich had a huge 60 per cent of the possession and therefore should have won the game . When we have a most of the ball we  are deemed ineffective and teams just let us play. Have less of the possession and suddenly we are "dominated".
Shouldn't let it bother me but it does . 2 wins this week and lot of people can seriously start eating a lot go humble pie .

Haven't seen the game yesterday , just listened to Jim , but as far as Ruiz is concerned , he has clearly made a difference in Kits eyes and is probably his first name on the team sheet . His not a grafter or ball winner but is class and whatever his shortcomings we should be very happy he is our player as he is rated by many as by far the best player in the championship .
Kit is the first fulham manager to give the ri´team the right balance around him.

Sorry but he is not,see Max's post,
As to statistics yesterday in a match 53% posession to 47% yet Southampton won 8-0 proving stats mean sweet Fa, the only stat is how many goals were scored, all the rest is a modern irelevance

Max Headroom

One point I would like to add. Ruiz did fantastically defending at corners yesterday. At least 3 or 4 he cleared....

DeuceBigelow

I'm not sure we were watching the same game. From my seat Ruiz was class, a pleasure to watch. Once Ruiz went off we were severely lacking in midfield and so spent the last 15 minutes with our backs to the wall. In recent games he's been more robust, tackling, heading and has an incredible ability to unknot the midfield and come away with the ball. I'm unsure why he gets more scrutiny than other individual players, but as part of the team it is clearly working.
I believe in Kit and feel that reinstating Ruiz was a very good move for the team.
Riverside Block W

Holders

Kit's policy seems to be to play what experienced players he has got left - and Ruiz is one of them.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

LBNo11

Quote from: Holders on October 19, 2014, 10:57:17 AM
Kit's policy seems to be to play what experienced players he has got left - and Ruiz is one of them.

...I advocated that we should give Ruiz one more chance with yet another manager, and hoped he would be played in a position he could be effective in - but if he yet again couldn't hack it he should go. Now yesterday in my opinion he had another good game, yes his passes do go astray, (so did Steeeed Malbranques) but as mentioned he made several clearances - one a header(!!) from a corner, tackled and even fended off Naarch players doing a passable impression of the Parker pirouette, he did his fair share yesterday and think he is doing his best to help this version of Fulham...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

MJG

Quote from: Max Headroom on October 19, 2014, 10:29:02 AM
One point I would like to add. Ruiz did fantastically defending at corners yesterday. At least 3 or 4 he cleared....
apart from that he was quite frankly a waste of space. I took my nephew yesterday who is a Utd fan and he was looking forward to watching Ruiz after the WC performances.
He came away completely understanding why NO Prem clubs came in for him. Wants far too much time on ball and does not think quick enough.
I'm sorry but he's what he is and we will not see him do any better than the odd decent game here and there. Quicker he goes the quicker we can play and also move on.

epsomraver

PaulJ123

I'd much prefer to see David or Roberts in that role. David was really impressive when he played and Roberts running at the CBs would cause them all sorts of trouble they arent used to. I dont think Ruiz is a bad player but not suitable for us

colinwhite

Sorry boys , but my point about Ruiz is that Kit symmons must rate him otherwise he wouldn't be playing , so he clearly gives us something that a lot of people aren't getting . Its really all about balance . Even if teams are just concentrating on shutting him down ,he is giving us a lot .
093.gif 093.gif

filham

Oh I would so like  to come good as he seems to have all the skills and you always feel that he cold open up defences for  but it never seems to happen.

He has now played five championship games for Kit and how many goals has he scored or how many assists has he been credited with.

MJG

Ruiz passing contribution yesterday.. We are going from left to right in case you thought all those passes were forward

nose

other than the headers at the corners and the fact he tried hard for all to see, ruiz was hopeless yesterday losing the possesion needlesly over and over... he was so slow he couldn't catch a cold.

I am still willing to give him the benifit of the doubt because of his effort but he was useless yesterday.

F.luke

Please no more Ruiz  with his skill and experience he should be murdering these championship teams instead most want him subbed for Roberts. I know I did yesterday.

YankeeJim

Aaah Ruiz the new Dempsey, Senderous, Baird, et al
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

TonyGilroy

I thought we won yesterday. Four wins from the last five games in fact but that just can't be true.

I'm being told on here by many intelligent posters that it was a poor performance by a team comprising the wrong players using the wrong tactics.

Strange world.

colinwhite

filham

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 19, 2014, 05:42:40 PM

I thought we won yesterday. Four wins from the last five games in fact but that just can't be true.

I'm being told on here by many intelligent posters that it was a poor performance by a team comprising the wrong players using the wrong tactics.

Strange world.

Regretably the tactics were possibly right for a team that that were afraid to play an open game against a team that were top of the table, had pace, were physically stronger and were considered capable of scoring goals.

We fought like tigers and our resolute defending got us three points but in all honesty our attack in the second half just weren't in the game.  I doubt there will be another game where we are so insignificant but walk away with three points.