watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Italy to play at Craven Cottage....

Started by Tktd, June 30, 2010, 12:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

First major international at Fulham - Will be aiming to go to that - do you reckon we made an impact on the juventus and roma teams so much that the players have asked for a friendly to be played here? Possibly... Are they in love with the club and atmosphere created or trying to get the ghost of their pasts from their dismal performances at the cottage - was the reason they failed so miserably in the world cup because of the shock treatment the recieved in getting thrashed by us? Cannavaro did so well in the first game and then got destroyed by Zamora in the second game - and it did seemingly really knock their confidence.

Italy confirm Fulham friendly
Prandelli's first game as Azzurri boss to be at Craven Cottage
By Ben Collins   Last updated: 29th June 2010   

Prandelli: Fulham visit
.Cesare Prandelli's first game in charge of Italy will be a friendly in London on 10th August.

The Italian Football Association (FIGC) have confirmed they will be playing at Fulham's Craven Cottage, although the opposition is yet to be decided.

A spokesman said on Tuesday that the FIGC is in talks with Egypt, Ivory Coast and Uruguay, with the opponents expected to be announced by the end of the week.

The FIGC announced on 30th May that Prandelli would take over from 2006 World Cup-winning coach Marcello Lippi after this year's finals in South Africa.

That was not expected to be until late July but following Italy's shock exit at the group stage, Prandelli will now take over the Azzurri reins this Thursday.

The former Fiorentina coach's first competitive game will be Italy's opening Euro 2012 qualifying match in Estonia on 12th September.

Tktd

Also Marcelo Lippi available for managerial vacancy?

ImperialWhite

That's brilliant - I'd love to see Italy play - but it seems a little strange, no?

I saw Ireland-Nigeria at Craven Cottage, but I assumed that was cos lots of Irish and Nigerian players were in the UK, and it made sense geographically - but Italy surely play at some home stadium (Stadio Olimpico, et al., a little bit of Googling informs me).

Tom

Quote from: ImperialWhite on June 30, 2010, 12:49:25 AM
That's brilliant - I'd love to see Italy play - but it seems a little strange, no?

Why would you want to see Italy play, they aren't very good? They can't even make it to the final 16. I don't want those guys putting wear and tear our pitch.
Fulham for life!

YankeeJim

Won't all those bodies flopping about damage the turf?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Tom

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 30, 2010, 02:24:27 AM
Won't all those bodies flopping about damage the turf?
lol, great point Jim!  :54:
Fulham for life!

Kiwi Fulham Fan

lets hope Fulham gets a decent cut :008:

finnster01

Quote from: ImperialWhite on June 30, 2010, 12:49:25 AM

I saw Ireland-Nigeria at Craven Cottage, but I assumed that was cos lots of Irish and Nigerian players were in the UK, and it made sense geographically - but Italy surely play at some home stadium (Stadio Olimpico, et al., a little bit of Googling informs me).
Perhaps not so strange if the opposition turns out to be Egypt...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead