watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Give Kit The Job

Started by Andy S, October 22, 2014, 11:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Well we have a 5 man committee looking for the next manager. It could have been a difficult job but it has become an easy decision as far as I am concerned. They should be recommending Kit for the job straight away. He has instilled belief in this young side and He knows the players and what they can do. In my opinion there is nobody better. He deserves the job on merit. So he should be given until the end of the season as well as some money in the January window. It could be that a director of football above him to help but I think it would be wrong to change things at this stage.

Fulham1959

Burt

My concern is his lack of experience at this level.

But then you look at us being linked with the likes of Chris Hughton... And sure, they are experienced but they have also peaked at a certain level, and for me as Kit has steadied the ship and has instilled belief, we should give him the chance to cut his managerial teeth with the job here. Given time and patience, he has the potential to be more successful than Hughton has been.

NorfolkJim

Kit is definitely getting the job done - any further change would I fear be to risk disrupting the recovery - if it aint broke dont need to fix it.
Bring in a director of football if necessary but someone Kit can work well with - Curbishley maybe?

Arthur

Quote from: Andy S on October 22, 2014, 11:01:58 AM
Well we have a 5 man committee looking for the next manager. It could have been a difficult job but it has become an easy decision as far as I am concerned. They should be recommending Kit for the job straight away. He has instilled belief in this young side and He knows the players and what they can do. In my opinion there is nobody better. He deserves the job on merit. So he should be given until the end of the season as well as some money in the January window. It could be that a director of football above him to help but I think it would be wrong to change things at this stage.

The side may, as you say, have more belief that they can get better results than under Magath, but is it not also the case that results have generally exceeded performances? Over the course of a season, there is usually a correlation between performances and results, i.e. the teams that play better more often than not get more points than the teams that play poorly more often than not.

If appointed, Kit may well oversee improvements in our performances that bode well in the longer term. As yet, however, I do not see that the evidence in his favour is as compelling as you would have me believe.

NJFulham

If Kit is appointed, the pressure is off him. Thus, they will drag this out as long as possible.

NJFulham

Also, I think Khan would prefer to hire Hughton, who's "safer".

jarv

concerns...If appointed, Kit has no experience of managing a team before and will he be able to cope with the problems when Fulham hit a bad run.  Second, I have not seen any games (I live in USA) only highlights but results and the goals at Middlesborough and Rotherham suggest the defence is still not secure. Is Kit the man to fix that? Who will make decisions about incoming players in January?

NorfolkJim

Kit is having to work with the mess Magath left him including a large proportion of our first team straight out of the academy. Who knows those players better?
Considering the appauling mess Megath made of the squad (With Khans backing) Kit has worked miracles and theres no reason to think anyone else could have done better.
I struggle to see where more change prior to the transfer window can have any positive effectives

nevzter

I can't see any legitimate reason to remove Kit at this point.  I think a bit of continuity will bolster the club.

COYW
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

K33NY

experience or not, Kit has, in a very short time that was completely in lack of confidence with NO wins, turned the team into a winning and point taking team, what he has done is such short time is hard for any manager to do and it proves to me he is doing the right things and motivates our players and bring back theire confidence. Experience or not he should get it, we just had a experienced manager (allthough not in england) and he certainly didnt do well, HUghton maybe has it but is it cetain he will do better than Kit? no, to me its a no brainer, we have a man who gets our team to takes points, let him keep the job and build up a solid team! :)

LBNo11

Quote from: NorfolkJim on October 22, 2014, 04:37:46 PM
Kit is having to work with the mess Magath left him including a large proportion of our first team straight out of the academy. Who knows those players better?
Considering the appauling mess Megath made of the squad (With Khans backing) Kit has worked miracles and theres no reason to think anyone else could have done better.
I struggle to see where more change prior to the transfer window can have any positive effectives

...Agreed.

Let's say yet another manager is appointed, they will not be his team and so he will want substantial backing from Khan's coffers to change the team into 'his' team, he will try to bring in players who have played for him before, the teams these players currently play for will be holding out for silly money as they know the club is owned by a billionaire, and more than likely these players will then have to adjust, - or be a disappointment. This is what Jol kept spouting, he wanted to build 'his' team, and two seasons plus and two or three transfer windows later we still had a team without any direction.

With all this said, the biggest concern is that the five man panel appointed will feel they have to justify their expense and come up with a new manager. 

Kit knows most of the team from the youth/academy days, he can work with them and knows how to get the best out of them. He will not need to spend a great deal to bolster the squad by comparison to a new managers demands, and Shahid Khan has already blown a fortune on dreadfully poor signings, so he will love being able to make savings. For me Kit is the man, for now, and for the future...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ChesterTheTabby

Seeing who is on the panel, with the results Kit is bringing us, they can only justify their existence through the selection of Kit. They are here in case Kit had a fluke beginning and then started messing up, then there would be time for Houghton, etc. Kit is proving that "experience " is in the eye of the beholder because he has plenty of experience as a player, scout, U18s andU21s coach...and he has experience with the lads under him now. He's got a refreshing personality and galvanzing vigor. Keep Kit!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Andy S

Lets not forget all managers fail at some time Kit has not fallen short yet. This should be good for his CV

One Martin Thomas

For me there is no "wow" factor in the shortlist and Kit is the most appealing in that he is an unknown at this level.  It is also exciting to see a young manager come through the ranks as it is with young players.  Kit has no doubt improved the spirit in the team.  The performances have been solid and that is exactly what we have needed.  I would give him a bit more time and see what happens.  Are we in a rush ?  If the others in the shortlist found other employment, does anyone on this board really care ?

The football has not been "good" enough to give the job to Kit full time just yet, but it has showed signs of working quite nicely.  As on the fence as I can be.

BestOfBrede

I really like Kit and he has done a wonderful job thus far.

I do though, have a niggling doubt that I can't get rid of!
My worries concern:
His ability to attract Premier quality players and his lack of Premier experience.
Now I know that this doesn't presently concern us, but it will - if not this season then very soon afterwards!
I fear that we will lose a few of the better youngsters along the way (Roberts, David, Williams, Hyndman etc), and the new Manager needs to:
1/ Try to retain these players
2/ Replace any losses with prem talent

I hope We don't lose Kit and he is offered a good position with us, but as I said, I'm just not sure how far he can take us. How much confidence will Khan have and be willing to let him spend? I suppose we will have to wait and see, but I just can't help but think we should be aiming higher - someone like Tigana or Moyes.

I really hope I'm wrong and Kit is the man (he will definitely have my support while in the job),
but cannot stop this nagging doubt!

Peppo

I love what he has to say at press interviews. Honest, fair and entirely positive. You can see it in the players faces that the spirit from him is spreading though the whole club. My earliest doubts about his experience have now been put to bed and I fully support Kit to take over.

WolverineFFC

I really think the club should be looking at promotion as a 2 yr process at this point considering the place in the standings. Kit has done a tremendous job thus far and the club is STILL in the bottom 3. Is promotion impossible? No, but it is very, very unlikely. Growing the youth into championship or better level players over the next 18 months as well as a smart transfer or two is the most likely path to promotion if you ask me... In that case, allowing Kit to continue to manage through at least the end of the season (as long as the overall performance stays roughly the same) is the safest and smartest option to me. He can develop players and the club will get a better idea which youth can make the jump if the club were promoted in 2016.

In the off season, the club can make a move for a manager who has shown the ability to get a club promoted. I think they would likely have better options then after they have actually let someone manage the club for more than a quarter of a season straight. Can't imagine that many qualified managers are eager to get on the carousel which has become the Fulham manager at this moment.