watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brilliant performance

Started by stevehawkinslidingtackle, October 24, 2014, 10:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Then why didn't they score if it was so easy for them. Football is about scoring goals and defending. You cannot do any better than that

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JDH101 on October 24, 2014, 11:18:08 PM
Dan Burn is an English oak planted in the heart of the defence.

Am I right or am I right?
[/quote

You are definitely right Sir.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 25, 2014, 12:30:28 AM
Quote from: JDH101 on October 24, 2014, 11:18:08 PM
Dan Burn is an English oak planted in the heart of the defence.

Am I right or am I right?
[/quote

You are definitely right Sir.
his clearance in the first half was top draw. it had own goal written all over it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MiltonBurrows

The front 3 of Hugo, Ruiz and Ross were exceptional i thought tonight. For the first 20 minutes of the game charlton just didn't have an answer against them. Sure Ruiz can be sloppy on the ball at times, but the link up he had with Mccormack tonight really was quality. That front 3 is probably up there as the best in the championship on their day, and they showed it tonight.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Black, White and Fred

Parker and Burn were the spine tonight, we can thank them for the points even if only one of them was a goal scorer.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

cmg

A lifetime's intense study of the game has led me to the conclusion that scoring a couple of times in the first ten minutes is one of the smartest tactical moves a team can make. Beats me why we don't do it more often.
Having achieved this on this occasion, the game settled into what might be expected of a 'challenging for promotion side' v 'resurgent relegation zone side', with the side with the better defence, better ideas and more incisive finishing taking the points.

The breadth of McCormack's game continues to impress. No complaint at his MoM, but he must have been run close by Burn and the rapidly improving and increasingly imposing LVC.

I think that, in playing both Stafylidis and Kavanagh, we are carrying 'half' a defensive player too many but you certainly can't blame the manager for erring on the side of caution. We are developing into a decent-looking side (no sign of 'lumping it forward' today) with plenty of depth in the squad and the potential of more to come.

Deanothefulhamfan

I thought we were fortunate that Charlton were missing several players. We had a great first half but imo we had a poor second half, the lads defended well but we were too deep and too careless in possesion. Scott Parker pointed out that our second half performance was not good enough, and it is refreshing to see that despite us winning 3-0 our players still want to do better.

I think Burn had a great game, but Ross Mccormack deserves all the credit, for his best performance in a Fulham shirt. LVC is growing into a key member of our team.
His energy and pace in midfield is what we have been missing for so long.

Kit has sorted out the worst defence in the league though. We are such a different side under him.

PokerMatt

I don't think we were that poor second half.

It's important to remember there are two teams on the pitch (even after that first half) and at 2-0 down they just have to throw everything at it. Our last-ditch defending was brilliant, but aside from that we still had the better chances - LVC, Ruiz and Hugo might all have made it 3-0 before the latter finally did.

Looking back, I was nervy, but that came more from the team I've been watching the past three years. Correct me if I'm wrong but they never truly looked like scoring until they hit the post -  ie there weren't many genuine clear-cut, free of the defenders chances.

So I make that a great defensive effort against expected opposition pressure.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Fulham1959

Quote from: Alternative on October 24, 2014, 11:55:47 PM
Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on October 24, 2014, 10:08:34 PM
But lets take a rain check here, played top of the league Norwich, win with a clean sheet. away to Rotheram who are in a decent run of form, come back 3 times for a draw.

A "rain check" ?

Do you really know what that American term means?

The word should have been 'reality'.

Peabody

Once again, we would have lost that game back in the beginning of September. First half, bar the last 10 mins, we dominated them, then in the second, our defence did its work and wasn't it nice to see aFulham so good on the break.