watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brilliant performance

Started by stevehawkinslidingtackle, October 24, 2014, 10:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevehawkinslidingtackle

No, we're not going to dominate games like the Tigana period, not with the kids in our team. But lets take a rain check here, played top of the league Norwich, win with a clean sheet. away to Rotheram who are in a decent run of form, come back 3 times for a draw. Then Charlton, only lost once this season. They threw everything at us in the second half and we snuffed everything out. For everything they threw, they never looked anything like our class when we cut threw them on the counter.  Onwards and upwards. A special shout to Dan Burn too. Brilliant performance at the back. I COYW

alexbishop

Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

mitimo

We seemed to give Charlton a lot of room in the second half but apart from their 17-year old winger, they didn't seem to know what to do with it. 

Fulham1959

Yes, brilliant performance.

The usual fickle, impatient comments on the match thread.  Did people really expect us to keep up the first half performance against a team that has previously only been beaten once this season ?  Every player seemed to run their socks off.

I'm totally happy and we're chipping away at that goal difference, too.

:yay:

SouthIslandWhite

This game will be remembered late on in the season.  We will look back at this day and say:  "You remember that Friday night game at the Cottage in October when we turned Charlton aside and scored 3?  That day we finally gave Kit the job?  I say it was the true turning pint of the season."  That's what we will say, you watch.  COYW!
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Sniffer

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
"Numquam Cede"

RidgeRider

it was an excellent performance, we also started to park the bus a bit in the second half with the 2-0 lead. It's a results business and there was no value in testing are luck against a team that had been playing as well as Charlton had. I'm sure we still have supporters who will moan about this or that but hard to complain about the last three matches results.

jms

On paper we've always had the team to do well in the championship.....now we've got the leadership, the motivation, and spirit to fulfil that potential. I predict that by xmas the cottage will be filling up again, and we will be right behind those leaders. It just required some common sense, proper coaching, morale boosting,and good organisation. Mr Symon knows it's not rocket science.

ron

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on October 24, 2014, 10:15:53 PM
This game will be remembered late on in the season.  We will look back at this day and say:  "You remember that Friday night game at the Cottage in October when we turned Charlton aside and scored 3?  That day we finally gave Kit the job?  I say it was the true turning pint of the season."  That's what we will say, you watch.  COYW!

I've had a few of those already tonight!   :beer:

Pie and mash

Brilliant performance, scored when we dominated and defended well when we were on the back foot. What we need

btings

Barrie

Given where we could expect to be so soon in our recovery phase under Kit, there is absolutely nothing at all to complain about in that performance tonight.  Well done to Kit and the boys!

JDH101

Dan Burn is an English oak planted in the heart of the defence.

Am I right or am I right?

nose

Quote from: JDH101 on October 24, 2014, 11:18:08 PM
Dan Burn is an English oak planted in the heart of the defence.

Am I right or am I right?

top man tonight for me... parker also good

the defence really is totally comited even when they make errors, and they do, three others dive straight in to recover the situation, amazing defending at last!

epsomraver

Quote from: F.luke on October 24, 2014, 11:23:34 PM
I can't help it I have to complain :) Don't want to see Ruiz anymore

Very silly post, he does a lot that most miss, he draws players in and then flicks the ball away creating space, yes he is a marmite player but he had a good game tonight

terryr

Did the away fans really have to get on Parker's back so much?
It was funny at first but the chants of "There's only one Greedy Parker....one greedy Parrrrrrker, there's only one Greedy Parker..."
Got boring and was a bit churlish towards the end

K33NY

I enjoyed every minute of the match even when they attacked us, because I think our defensive perofrmance toonight was the most solid I have seen in a very long time, Dan Burn was exceptional tonight! Bodurov was solid Hoogland and Stafylidis both running theire socks off!

gerrys

Alternative

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on October 24, 2014, 10:08:34 PM
But lets take a rain check here, played top of the league Norwich, win with a clean sheet. away to Rotheram who are in a decent run of form, come back 3 times for a draw.

A "rain check" ?

Do you really know what that American term means?

Lighthouse

They had a huge amount of corners and in the end far more shots. We had more on target. Isn't it nice to have a Fulham team that can defend, sometimes in a panic, but not fold under pressure. Their manager said that there was only one team in it in the second half and if they score then they are back in it.

Sounds just like Felix after being beaten 3-0.

The results are great and the team and management are playing with one mind. But more importantly we seem to have a football team again. Not for many years have we had a TEAM. We will lose plenty of games and we will make mistakes. But at last we have a proper team to support. Feels so good at last.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope