watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our wonderful and knowledgeable stewards

Started by epsomraver, October 24, 2014, 11:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Heard by the turnstiles tonight  at the Putney end as we were walking by a  steward,  " anyone know where the Johnny Haynes stand is for this man" ? fp.gif

ron

....and who is that bronze geezer outside anyway....?   063.gif

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: epsomraver on October 24, 2014, 11:29:40 PM
Heard by the turnstiles tonight  at the Putney end as we were walking by a  steward,  " anyone know where the Johnny Haynes stand is for this man" ? fp.gif

You've gotta be kidding me! What a plonker lol
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

K33NY

I am not sure I understood the sentence, does he ask why its named the Johnny Haynes stand? sorry for being an idiot but I honestly didnt quite understand...

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: K33NY on October 25, 2014, 03:26:47 AM
I am not sure I understood the sentence, does he ask why its named the Johnny Haynes stand? sorry for being an idiot but I honestly didnt quite understand...

I read it as if someone asked him where it was and he didn't know but either way its quite incredible. Heres a clue steward, there's a massive statue outside the stand, I think Sherlock can sit this one out and leave you to piece the jigsaw yourself
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

alfie

Quote from: epsomraver on October 24, 2014, 11:29:40 PM
could he have been a drafted in Charlton steward by chance, when I was at Fulham I remember a lot of away teams brought some stewards with them who knew the supporters.
Just a thought.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Fulham1959

. . . and where, exactly, is that 'Craven Cottage' building ?

epsomraver

Possibly  Alfie but how much pre match briefing  does it take to say this is the Putney end, that is the Johnny Haynes stand etc ? he was dressed in a FFC  stewards coat complete with badge

cmg

Yes..it's not as if our ground is confusingly situated and surrounded by a maze of streets, nor that there is any other building which might be confused with a football stand situated on Stevenage Road. Not only the statue but a 'Haynes Place' notice give further clues.

On a more serious note - what if this character receives the message 'Evacuate the Johnny Haynes Stand' or 'Assist with an accident in the Johnny Haynes Stand'? Some rudimentary briefing is surely required.People's safety is, to some extent, in the hands of these stewards.