watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aggro in Putney last night?

Started by leonffc, October 25, 2014, 10:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Did Charlton 'play up' in Putney after the game last night?
As we were walking towards the Golden Lion 3 or 4 fully manned police vans came by, sirens blaring, accompanied by a few police cars.
There was also a 'holding cell' van coming back towards hammersmith (police station) a bit later

Berserker

Well I was in the Crabtree after the game and we wondered where the Charlton fans had gone as none were there. We thought they may have headed towards Putney rather than Hammersmith.
There were some guys from Belgium who had come to see Ruiz play talking to us at the match
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Scrumpy

I got a text from a friend saying it had 'kicked off' near the boats taking CAFC fans back to Greenwich. But no details and could (easily) be an exaggeration.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

SP

Apparently, a number of Charlton 'fans' with banning orders came up on the boat & spent the evening drinking in Putney.  Presumably they were tanked up when they made the return trip.  From memory, they were fighting each other when they last played at the Cottage in the FA Cup a few years back.

SouthWest6

Who was the Charlton fan who got kicked out the Hammy end, then had the nerve to get his Charlton flag out and flash it at the fans in H1? Complete idiocy..

RPhillips

Quote from: Berserker on October 25, 2014, 11:02:50 AM
Well I was in the Crabtree after the game and we wondered where the Charlton fans had gone as none were there. We thought they may have headed towards Putney rather than Hammersmith.
There were some guys from Belgium who had come to see Ruiz play talking to us at the match
Did they have any interesting comments about Bryan?

leonffc

Quote from: SouthWest6 on October 25, 2014, 11:47:14 AM
Who was the Charlton fan who got kicked out the Hammy end, then had the nerve to get his Charlton flag out and flash it at the fans in H1? Complete idiocy..

That was quite funny as we were in H1. Fair play to him but he couldn't complain if he got a dig!
The funny thing about it was a bloke of about 6'2" in a really nice suit was walking behind him (going loo or somewhere) giving it the "who are ya" with the rest of us and almost conducting the crowd with his arms. Then, as the stewards carted the Charlton lad out he turned to us and chanted 'west London is ours'.
My initial thought was that he was Charlton too and having a laugh as he was getting kicked out but the general conclusion was that he was Fulham.

Berserker

Quote from: RPhillips on October 25, 2014, 12:02:39 PM
Quote from: Berserker on October 25, 2014, 11:02:50 AMWell I was in the Crabtree after the game and we wondered where the Charlton fans had gone as none were there. We thought they may have headed towards Putney rather than Hammersmith.
I spoke to them before the game. They were pleased he was playing as he didn't mid week. I got the impression they were fond of him. Not sure why Belgium people would be as he has never played there as far as I know
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Berserker on October 25, 2014, 01:35:25 PM
Quote from: RPhillips on October 25, 2014, 12:02:39 PM
Quote from: Berserker on October 25, 2014, 11:02:50 AM
I spoke to them
before the game. They were pleased he was playing as he didn't mid week. I got the impression they were fond of him. Not sure why Belgium people would be as he has never played there as far as I know

He played for Gent in Belguim before he moved to Twente so maybe that's where their interest comes from

epsomraver

Quote from: leonffc on October 25, 2014, 10:43:06 AM
Did Charlton 'play up' in Putney after the game last night?
As we were walking towards the Golden Lion 3 or 4 fully manned police vans came by, sirens blaring, accompanied by a few police cars.
There was also a 'holding cell' van coming back towards hammersmith (police station) a bit later

There was a large group of Char-un fans by the boats when we parked by the boathouses before the game with two more boats waiting to dock, not sure if any of those made the start  After ,As we walked back over the bridge 2 carriers went  by and stopped there, as we arrived there was a lot of verbal towards the Police but that was it, probably because the Police would not allow them to go to the ground as they were half cut already coming off the boats. Walked through the park on the way back and saw no trouble, they were very quiet, so would I be if Fulham had played like they did.

SP

Whilst I could accept the silent treatment for Scott Parker, I thought the abuse a large section of their fans directed at him on Friday night was pathetic.  Fair play to him, he resisted the temptation of responding when he scored.