watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Manager Odds

Started by Deanothefulhamfan, October 26, 2014, 07:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanothefulhamfan

So I backed Kit at 4/1 and 7/2 to be our next manager, when the Hughton hysteria caught the bookies.... Now I have just laid kit off at 1/3, meaning I am guaranteed to make money either way.

Good news for me, but the really short odds for Kit, bodes well for our club, as he now looks increasingly likely to be named our next boss. An announcement must be made before our next game.

Mince n Tatties

Well done go collect your cash, Im sure Kit is a shoe in now.Mind you a
Fulhamish moment might occur and we spring a crazy surprise.....

Mince n Tatties

Kit now 1/6...Houghton out to 8/1.
Actually been a little money for Steve Bruce (no way he would drop a
division)..
Hope Kit is given it before the Wigan Match.

dannyboi-ffc

I just don't understand what more he can do to convince them. It feels to me like they want a more experienced name and are just going to keep pretending to take their time, basically waiting until kits magic dries up and we go on a bad run. Then they can appoint someone else and have an excuse to. At the minute it would be ludicrous to appoint anyone other than kit and the fact they are taking so long now makes me wonder what they're thinking.

I don't know what more he can do to be honest
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Holders

It'll be interesting  to see if he puts out a changed team against Derby, as he did against Rotherham. Win that with the kids and he'll be there in my view but it's a potential banana skin.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

alfie

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 26, 2014, 08:15:47 AM
I just don't understand what more he can do to convince them. It feels to me like they want a more experienced name and are just going to keep pretending to take their time, basically waiting until kits magic dries up and we go on a bad run. Then they can appoint someone else and have an excuse to. At the minute it would be ludicrous to appoint anyone other than kit and the fact they are taking so long now makes me wonder what they're thinking.

I think the 5 man panel decision has already been made, just waiting for Khan to arrive to confirm it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: alfie on October 26, 2014, 09:16:26 AM

I think the 5 man panel decision has already been made, just waiting for Khan to arrive to confirm it.

If that's the case then I wished he'd hurry up, we've got a game on Tuesday.  It would be nice to confirm it before then.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Deanothefulhamfan

Maybe he will get unveiled to the fans against Derby officially with Khan..... Would be a fantastic way to get the crowd going.

Snibbo

No rush. He's doing a great job and the team are all playing their socks off to show their support for him. Khan's just letting the proper process be seen to be done and wishing he done that last season.

And why do so many people get Chris Hughton's name wrong?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Snibbo on October 26, 2014, 09:43:21 AM
No rush. He's doing a great job and the team are all playing their socks off to show their support for him. Khan's just letting the proper process be seen to be done and wishing he done that last season.

Is it really that important....Who really cares Hughton. .Houghton. ..Hooooton...
Aint you got more important things to worry over..

Nero

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 26, 2014, 09:50:26 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on October 26, 2014, 09:43:21 AM

Is it really that important....Who really cares Hughton. .Houghton. ..Hooooton...
Aint you got more important things to worry over..

they spell it wrong because hes done nothing to make people take notice of how to spell it

K33NY

I have to say... and feel stupid saying this, I have never been familiar with the odds system you guys are using in England for example what does 1/6 mean and 8/1?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: K33NY on October 26, 2014, 03:20:52 PM
I have to say... and feel stupid saying this, I have never been familiar with the odds system you guys are using in England for example what does 1/6 mean and 8/1?

The first number is the value you win if you bet the amount of the second number.

For example if a team is 8/1 and you place a 1 pound bet you will win 8 pound plus your pound back.

If a team is 1/6 it means you have to bet 6 pound just to win a pound. So obviously the bookies feel it's an almost certainty to happen.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

K33NY

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 26, 2014, 04:00:16 PM
Quote from: K33NY on October 26, 2014, 03:20:52 PM

The first number is the value you win if you bet the amount of the second number.

For example if a team is 8/1 and you place a 1 pound bet you will win 8 pound plus your pound back.

If a team is 1/6 it means you have to bet 6 pound just to win a pound. So obviously the bookies feel it's an almost certainty to happen.

Thank you :) here in Norway its a different system  we can use odds of 1.75, 4.50 or even up to a 100, so if you bet 10 pound and odds are 2.00 you win 20
When we played United last season live odds popped up that odds for Fulham to score next was 100, we where, so very unlikely it where to happen, I allmost bet 1000 NOK but didnt do it..... we scored.... I would have won 100.000 NOK had I done it....

RidgeRider

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 26, 2014, 09:22:22 AM
Quote from: alfie on October 26, 2014, 09:16:26 AM

If that's the case then I wished he'd hurry up, we've got a game on Tuesday.  It would be nice to confirm it before then.

Remember, a contract has to be hashed out and acknowledged by both parties before an announcement will be made. This process can be protracted. I'm sure, given Kit was in the organization already, they'll offer him less than they would someone on the free market who has experience at this level or above. If I'm Kit, I want fair market value of performances since he taken over.