more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (05/11/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 05, 2014, 08:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

What a Transformation!

Tonight, at Craven Cottage, Fulham Football Club entertains Blackpool, in a Championship fixture.

On paper, it is a fixture that Fulham should win. If we thought we had an awful start to the season then it pales into insignificance when it comes to the start made by the seaside club.

The Tangerines are currently bottom of the Championship having started the season with a squad so thin they could hardly be expected to compete on a level playing field.

But football sometimes has this strange knack of kicking you in the face and although we fully expect Fulham to triumph tonight, we are, as always, prepared for the unexpected.

It`s fair to say that since Felix Magath was sacked, things have stabilized and improved drastically under Kit Symons.

Our tough defender, Dan Burn, has spoken to the media, ahead of the Blackpool game, and spoken about his hopes for the remainder of the season, commenting,

"If we hadn`t had the start we did then I think we would have been challenging for promotion. We`ve got to get ourselves up into mid-table - then hopefully nick one of the last play-off places."

That`s fighting talk, but if we can keep gathering points, possibly on a four from six available plan, then who knows what might be achieved come next May!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=375844#ixzz3IBIvaFo9

WhiteJC

Fulham v Blackpool: Three Seasiders who could make waves at Craven Cottage

We identify a host trio that could cause problems for Kit Symons' side

Danger man: Nathan Delfouneso could cause Fulham a few problems
Blackpool need to get the best out of Nathan Delfouneso if they are to hurt Fulham tonight.

So says Jack Gaughan from the Daily Mail, who believes the former Aston Villa frontman poses a big a threat when played down the middle.

He said: "Delfouneso is ineffective out wide but could cause a problem if he's played in his best position. He's got a good pedigree and certainly has goals in him. He could get between 10-15 a season if he's given the opportunity."

Another Seasider who could make waves at Craven Cottage is new signing Jacob Murphy.

Action Images / Ed SykesSeeing double: Jacob Murphy (left) has joined Blackpool on loan
The Norwich City wideboy arrived on a three-month loan deal this week and could be handed his debut against the Whites.

"He's quick and tricky and gives Blackpool something different," said Gaughan. "He's scored goals for the U21s and hopefully he can make the step up."

Another key player if the visitors are to spring a surprise is midfielder David Perkins, who has missed just one league game all season.

Gaughan added: "He will chase lost causes and is the heartbeat of the side. He's also decent on the ball and can pick a pass."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-v-blackpool-three-seasiders-8049051?

WhiteJC

Postman Andy Woolmer to referee Huddersfield Town at Fulham in the Skybet Championship

He was in charge of Cardiff City v Leeds United last weekend

Referee Andy Woolmer
Postman Andy Woolmer will referee Huddersfield Town's game at Fulham on Saturday.

It's a 15th outing of the season for the experienced Northamptonshire official.

Woolmer took last Saturday's Cardiff v Leeds clash and last refereed Town at home to Scunthorpe in League I in April 2012.

He progressed through non-league football to become a Football League linesman in 1994.

Ten years as an assistant referee, the last three of them in the Premier League, brought trips to the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff for the 2003 League and FA Cup finals.

Woolmer, who first refereed in the Football League in 2004-05 after a campaign in the Conference, has issued 41 yellow cards this season, but has yet to show a red.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/postman-andy-woolmer-referee-huddersfield-8052609?

WhiteJC

A New Dawn

Shahid Khan, Kit Symons and Nikolay Bodurov take centre-stage in Wednesday night's official matchday programme with Blackpool.

Chairman Khan explains his decision to appoint Symons as our new Manager on a permanent basis, while the former defender gives his thoughts on his 'dream' role.

Bodurov is the main interview and the Bulgaria international reflects on his time in SW6 so far.

Having arrived at the Cottage on 1st August, he was thrown straight in for his Fulham debut on the opening day of the season at Ipswich Town. Despite a promising display by the Whites, Felix Magath's side went down to a 2-1 defeat at Portman Road.

Things were to get even worse as one point from an opening seven league games saw Fulham marooned at the foot of the table, with Magath departing his post in September. Fulham fans certainly hadn't seen the best of Bodurov by that stage but better times for both were just around the corner.

Symons was handed caretaker charge and initially chose Dan Burn and Shaun Hutchinson as his centre-back pairing for his first game in the dugout against Blackburn Rovers.

When Hutchinson was shown a straight red card for a poor tackle on Lee Williamson and banned for three games, Bodurov seized his chance. He hasn't looked back, helping the Whites climb away from the drop zone and keeping three clean sheets in the process.

"I didn't anticipate our start to the season, especially with the players we have and the ambitions we have," said Borurov. "That's football but I hope we'll soon be back in our rightful place of the Premier League.

"There's been a lot of upheaval since I arrived. The manager who brought me to the Club, Felix Magath, left not long into the season but I don't think it's strange, it's normal that this sort of stuff happens in football.

"Obviously with Kit coming in, there have been a few changes, especially with the training sessions. The mental side of things has also changed and we're thinking in a much more positive way. We're now starting to get our season going.

"I think he's a very good manager. He understands football well. Under Kit, I feel I'll get the success I desire."

To read the full interview with Bodurov, get your hands on a copy of the matchday programme against Blackpool on Wednesday.

Other exclusive highlights in the only matchday magazine that matters - which is also available to download digitally from 12pm on Wednesday - are:

George Williams answers your questions via our social media channels
In our regular feature, key figures take a walk back down memory lane to the 1981/82 promotion-winning season
Young striker Aaron Redford is profiled in 'Through The Ranks'
And Les Strong brings fans his latest column

Priced £3.50, the 84-page publication is available from various sellers on Stevenage Road from two hours before kick-off. Fans can also save money by taking out a season subscription. Head here for more details.

The programme is also available as an app with added video content from 12pm on Wednesday, so whether you're at home or away, you need never be without it on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PC or Mac via Apple's Newsstand. The programme is also available via the Pocketmags app on Kindle Fire and Blackberry Playbook. You can subscribe for the whole season for the digital edition for just £24.99 or buy a single issue for £1.99.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/november/05/the-machine?

WhiteJC

Craven Corner: Fulham should be aiming for a thrashing against desperate Blackpool

Our Fulham blogger Adam Brons-Smith looks ahead to tonight's clash with Blackpool.

I really don't want to come across rude in the opening line, but we should beat Blackpool fairly comfortably tonight. No disrespect to their playing staff or Lee Clark, but they need investment desperately and their squad desperately shows it. Clark has taken over mission impossible; I find it incredibly sad to see what has happened to their club since they were in the Premier League only a few years back.

They seemed a good club with Ian Holloway, Charlie Adam, DJ Campbell and co pulling the strings and it's horrid to see them in the position they are. I hope your season does turn around and January is kind to both our clubs, but in reality Fulham should secure the points tonight.

On the other hand, it's 11 v 11 and anyone could win on the time and they still have a few decent players in John Lundstram, Jacob Mellis and Jonathan Legear (only signed yesterday), all of which I am huge fans of and are more than capable at this level.

They'll be hard to break down and with Ross McCormack suspended, we will be relying on Bryan Ruiz for the creativity in the final third. With our flying Scotsman out for tonight's clash we could see a return for Matt Smith or Chris David to sharpen our attack. I do think we will see Sean Kavanagh return to left back tonight with Dan Burn man marking the beast that is Ishmael Miller should he start.

Credit where credit is due, Lasse Vigen Christensen looks a new player under Kit Symons, and he shall be lively tonight once again. I doubted his ability at the start of the season, but he looks a different player and looks to be enjoying his football under the new manager. I had incredibly high hopes for Thomas Eisfeld and Chris David this season but it seems they haven't got in the good books of Symons or they are just not favoured for one reason or another. Maybe, they'll have a chance in the top of the diamond should Bryan Ruiz move from the Cottage in January.

January will be a massive month for our club, no doubt about it. There's going to be a number of players leaving the club should that be on loan or sold. Many of Magath's troops will be shown the door and I expect forgotten men like Mark Fotheringham, Dino Fazlic, Kay Voser, Adil Chihi. There could also be chances for Tiago Casasola to go out on loan to gain some first team experience, maybe a short term loan for Adam Taggart after his injury too. In an ideal world, I'd like to Kostas Stafylidis signed on a permanent deal after impressing me this season, with an experienced central midfielder or a natural winger signed just to give us stronger options in those positions.

Casasola is a strange one for me, a player that was tipped to be one of the hottest prospects in world football and he's gone under the radar since he has arrived. I'm very surprised we signed him for a low fee too, but I do hope he comes good – from what I've heard he has impressed in the behind doors friendlies and reserve matches, so as Chris David.

A win tonight puts us above Leeds in the table and we can start looking up for play-off push with a strong finish to the calendar year, rather than thinking about securing safety in this division. Shahid Khan has the right man in charge of the club and now needs to back him to stabilise this club and develop in the right way. We have a massive game and a good chance to keep our form going against Blackpool, Parker & Symons must get the lads fired up from the first whistle.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/craven_corner_fulham_should_be_aiming_for_a_thrashing_against_desperate_blackpool_1_3834296

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Kit Symons desperate to maintain impressive home form

Determined: Kit Symons

Kit Symons has highlighted the need for Fulham to maintain their impressive home form.

Symons has lifted the mood since replacing Felix Magath and the club have won their last three games in the Championship at Craven Cottage.

The Fulham manager, who took over as full-time boss last week, has emphasised the importance of building on that form, starting against Blackpool tonight.

"I remember my time here as a player, we really fancied ourselves against anyone who came to Craven Cottage," he said.

"That is the type of atmosphere I want to create within this group of players. We are still building and it will take time but it is going in the right direction."

Symons expects a response from struggling Blackpool following the appointment of former Fulham midfielder Lee Clark.

Blackpool were beaten 2-0 by Ipswich in Clark's first game last weekend but Symons has warned his players against taking Blackpool, who are five points adrift at the bottom of the table, lightly.

"Lee going there as a new manager is going to give them a big lift," he said. "Especially coming back to his old club, he will want to do very well but I fancy us to beat anyone."

Ross McCormack is suspended but Fernando Amorebieta could return after recovering from a knee injury.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-boss-kit-symons-desperate-to-maintain-impressive-home-form-9840872.html

WhiteJC

Next Up: Blackpool

Kit Symons will take his place in the home dugout at Craven Cottage for the first time as our permanent Manager when Blackpool come to town on Wednesday evening (8pm).

The opposition

After a troubling start to the season that saw Blackpool pick up just six points from a possible 42, they parted company with manager Jose Riga and promptly replaced him with Fulham hero Lee Clark.

The former Whites midfielder is facing Fulham for the second time this season – having never previously come up against the club as a manager since leaving SW6 – as he was in charge of Birmingham City who slipped to a 2-1 defeat back in late September.

His task at Bloomfield Road is certainly a testing one, with the club already nine points from safety as they prop up the rest of the Sky Bet Championship table. His first game at the helm on Saturday saw them defeated 2-0 at home to Ipswich Town, although he had only been installed as manager 48 hours prior to kick-off.

Team news

Jacob Murphy arrived on loan from Norwich City this week and is expected to feature on Wednesday. It could be the second debut the winger makes against Fulham, having previously made his maiden professional appearance against us in the FA Cup with Budweiser draw at Carrow Road last season.

David Perkins is back in contention having served a suspension, but Gary MacKenzie, José Miguel Cubero and Steven Davies all miss out. New signing Jonathan Legear is also unavailable as he awaits international clearance.

Inside the camp

Clark made 178 appearances during his time at Fulham, scoring 22 goals, and so looks back on his time at the Club with fondness.

That said, he'll be putting sentiment to one side on Wednesday as he looks to earn a vital three points for the Seasiders.

Quoted on blackpoolfc.co.uk, he said: "I have terrific memories of the place but I'm going with my allegiances to Blackpool and to go and get a result. I've never been back there as a coach or a manager so I'm looking forward to it.

"They got a good point up at Wigan on Saturday and they're playing with a lot of confidence under Kit. He's rejuvenated the club and the team and he's got some good youngsters there.

"We have to go there with a game plan and try and be positive ourselves and get a positive result to build some momentum."

Player to watch

Donervon Daniels: Centre-back Donervon Daniels, who can also operate as a right-back, signed for the Tangerines on an initial 28-day loan deal from West Bromwich Albion, but impressed enough to see it extended until January. A powerful defender, Daniels is the only member of the Blackpool squad to have played every minute of their 15 league games this season. Daniels has one goal to his name in the current campaign, in the 4-2 away defeat to Huddersfield Town, and has also taken in temporary spells at Gillingham and Tranmere Rovers in the past.

Marathonbet match odds

Fulham: 4/7

Draw: 13/4

Blackpool: 57/10

Tickets for this game are still available for supporters to purchase on General Sale, priced from £30 adults and £15 juniors.

And, what's more, we're offering fans a matchday offer which allows you to pick up any adult or junior home kit, with 20 per cent off - today only! This offer is available instore or online.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/november/05/next-up-blackpool?