watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (05/11/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 05, 2014, 08:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Giorgos Karagounis interview: Felix Magath should not take all the blame for Fulham woes

The Greek midfielder has fond memories of his time at the Cottage

Former Fulham midfielder Giorgos Karagounis has said he will never forget the love and admiration he received from the Cottagers' fans.

The Greek legend spent two years at Craven Cottage where he wore the white shirt 39 times and managed to steal countless hearts in south west London.

The 37-year-old has now hanged up his boots after an incredible World Cup but has not forgotten Fulham and their loyal supporters.

He told The Independent: "The love I got from the fans will always have a special place in my heart.

"I always hold those kind of memories dear and I will never forget that special devotion."

'Kara' said it was a good experience as it is always a great thing for a footballer to make it to the Premier League.

However, he noted that a number of changes, such as the dismissal of managers, during his last months in London had a negative effect on the club.

The team were relegated in May after 13 years in the Premier League and struggled this season in the Championship until Felix Magath was dismissed.

Much have been said regarding the German's methods but Karagounis did not find him eccentric and insisted that he should not take all the blame for the team's situation.

"He (Magath) was not ready for that kind of step.

"He had different beliefs and it was hard for him to contribute to the team.

"His ways didn't help but things were already difficult."

Giorgos Karagounis in action for Fulham

The former midfielder's last stand took place in Brazil where Greece came a whisker away from qualifying for the quarter-finals.

The Greek said that the National's appearance last summer was equally as successful as the Euro 2004 triumph because it established them as one of the best in the world.

"2004 was fantastic, no one expected it as it was the biggest shocker.

"However, in the next 10 years we reached an unbelievably high level and we were regularly present in the big competitions."

Now he has taken a new role on Greece's coaching staff next to former Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri.

The team is struggling as it has failed to pick up a win in qualifying and has lost two out of three matches to Northern Ireland and Romania.

But Karagounis argues that the team is undergoing a major transition, which is not always easy, as many players left and a new managers was appointed.

"We didn't start well but we have faith in the team and the coach.

"There is plenty of talent in the team but we need to restore the old character and mentality because talent is not always enough."

The former Fulham veteran believes that better results will come and hopes that that the hard work over the last 10 years will not end here.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/giorgos-karagounis-interview-felix-magath-should-not-take-all-the-blame-for-fulham-woes-9836823.html

WhiteJC

Preview: Fulham vs. Blackpool

Fulham will fancy extending their unbeaten run and pulling further clear of the Championship's drop zone when rockbottom Blackpool visit Craven Cottage on Wednesday.

Kit Symons, now the full-time Cottagers boss, has guided the West London side to two wins and two draws in their last four league games - a run which has seen them move up to 20th in the table.

If they inflict a fifth straight defeat on Blackpool, they could climb as high as 15th, depending on other results in midweek.

Symons will have to do it without Ross McCormack, who was sent off for two bookable offences in the 3-3 draw at Wigan Athletic on Saturday.

Visitors Blackpool come into the game on the back of a 2-0 loss in Lee Clark's first game in charge.

Clark's arrival couldn't spark a change in fortunes as the Tangerines fell to their fourth straight defeat. They remain seven points adrift of safety in the table.

He has been able to sign a new player this week, though, and Jacob Murphy will be hoping to feature after joining on loan from fellow Championship side Norwich City.

These two sides were last in the same league when Blackpool earned a shock promotion to the top flight for 2010-11. Fulham won the home fixture that season 3-0. They have since met in a 2012-13 FA Cup two-legged third-round tie, when Fulham came out on top in extra time.

Recent form

Fulham: WLWDWD

Blackpool: DWLLLL

Possible starting lineups

Fulham: Bettinelli, Zverotic, Bodurov, Burn, Stafylidis, Parker, Christensen, G Williams, Ruiz, Roberts, Rodallega

Blackpool: Lewis, Dunne, Clarke, Rentmeister, Daniels, McMahon, Lundstram, Murphy, Zoko, Miller, Ranger

Sports Mole says: 3-1

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/preview/preview-fulham-vs-blackpool_186315.html?

WhiteJC

How Ross McCormack compares to Leeds' entire strike force

A look at how Fulham's Ross McCormack compares to strikers at his former club

Leeds United sold Ross McCormack for £11 million in the summer, a fee which caused a real talking point in the football world.

Fulham underwent a nightmare start to the season under Felix Magath, but have begun to climb the table under Kit Symons and are now only one point behind Leeds United.

Leeds have retained most of the fee received for his services, but did add the trio of Mirco Antenucci, Souleymane Doukara and Billy Sharp.

Team   Goals   Assists   On Target Shooting Accuracy   Won Header Duels (%)   Passing Accuracy   Mins Played
Mirco Antenucci   Leeds   4   1   36%   27.78   79%   1,054
Souleymane Doukara   Leeds   3   3   25%   23.29   73%   824
Ross McCormack   Fulham   3   5   45%   10   77%   1,246
Billy Sharp   Leeds   1   1   30%   16.67   67%   504
Steve Morison   Leeds   0   1   17%   50   62%   175
So far this season Leeds' forwards have paid off, with new signing Antenucci, Doukara and Sharp netting eight Championship goals between them.

McCormack has only scored three goals, less than Leeds' top scorer Antenucci, despite playing almost 200 more minutes.

The big plus to McCormack's game has been his five assists, the same as Antenucci, Doukara and Sharp have provided combined, with only Steve Morison ensuring Leeds' strikeforce have created more assists than the Fulham frward.

McCormack has found the target with a higher percentage of his strikes than any Leeds player, but wins a paltry 10 per cent of his aerial duels.

Altogether, McCormack has not really done enough so far this season so suggest Leeds made a mistake by cashing in on him at a huge price.

The Yorkshire club may be struggling for form, but the performances of their strikers this season are reason to be encouraged, and feel god about their summer transfer business.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/11/03/how-ross-mccormack-compares-to-leeds-entire-strike-force/?

WhiteJC

Grimmer Loan Spell Extended

It would appear that Shrewsbury Town are very pleased with the service being provided by Jack Grimmer.

Grimmer, a 20 year-old defender, has played 5 times since joining the League Two side on loan, from Fulham.

During that period, Shrewsbury have picked up four league wins in a row, something that has prompted the club to approach Fulham with regards to extending the youngsters loan, a request that those at Craven Cottage have approved.

Grimmer will, we`re informed, remain at Shrewsbury until January.

However, it must be stressed that, if required, Fulham can immediately recall the player.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=375722#ixzz3IBBGWmNb

WhiteJC

Trotta Goes North!

There are many who suspected that, following our fall from Premier League grace, this could be the season that our young Italian striker, Marcello Trotta, might make that vital breakthrough.

But, following the signing of Ross McCormack; that hasn`t been the case with talk surfacing last week of Trotta possibly returning to Brentford, on loan again!

However, that hasn`t been the case with Fulham, possibly, being reluctant to allow the player to play for a fellow London championship club.

Instead Trotta, who scored 13 times whilst on loan at Griffin Park last season, has joined Barnsley, on loan, until 5th January 2015.

Although Trotta is still only 22 years of age, it`s looking more and more as if the young Italian isn`t destined to make that breakthrough at Craven Cottage having failed to secure a start for us.

Here at Vital Fulham we wish him, as always, luck on his travels.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=375723#ixzz3IBBQArgz

WhiteJC

McCormack banned for Fulham

Fulham will be without Ross McCormack when they host basement boys Blackpool.

Striker McCormack was sent off for two bookable offences during Saturday's 3-3 draw at Wigan and serves a one-match ban. Moussa Dembele, Cauley Woodrow or McCormack's former Leeds team-mate Matt Smith could be drafted into the starting line-up in his absence. Fernando Amorebieta is set to miss out again with a knee injury and Adam Taggart remains sidelined as he recovers from a groin problem. Jacob Murphy could make his Blackpool debut at Craven Cottage. The teenage winger became Lee Clark's first signing for the club on Monday after the ex-Birmingham boss was appointed four days earlier. Midfielder David Perkins is back again following a one-game suspension while defender Charles Dunne, who made his first appearance of the season over the weekend, should overcome cramp to play again. Jose Cubero (ankle) remains out for Clark, though, as do central defender Gary MacKenzie (knee) and striker Steven Davies (groin).

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/blackpool/mccormack-banned-for-fulham-1746257.html?

WhiteJC

Movember Rules & Style Guide

With Movember having kicked off last Saturday, there are a few furry top lips to be seen knocking around Motspur Park now.

There's also been a brilliant uptake from Fulham fans, and our collective Mo team has already raised more than £400!

For those of you taking part, below are the rules to follow to ensure you become a true 'Mo Bro.'

Not too sure what style to groom your Mo into? Our friends at Movember have provided the below guide to give some ideas as to how you could shape your tache.

There's The Sweeper which is so stylishly adopted by our Chairman, or perhaps you'd rather go for The Testimonial which Gordon Davies famously sported during his years at Fulham.

Whichever type of Mo you go for, you're helping to raise awareness about the lives of men affected by prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health problems.

Not taking part in Movember but still want to contribute? You can follow the below link to our official Team page where any donations would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/november/04/movember-rules-style-guide?

WhiteJC

Can Fulham manager Kit Symons follow in Kevin Keegan's footsteps?

Rewind: March, 1995: Current boss bags two in 4-0 win over Blackpool

Match action: Paul Trollope bursts through the Blackpool defence

Fulham have had a bright start under new permanent manager Kit Symons who was appointed last week.

He will be hoping his side can continue their good run of form when they host Blackpool on Wednesday evening.

But 15 years ago another Fulham manager was coming to the end of his reign at Craven Cottage when he watched his Fulham side demolish Blackpool 4-0.

Kevin Keegan was given the perfect send off by the Cottagers before taking charge of England in his first game as manager of the national side against Poland.

Speaking after the game it was clear Keegan was looking forward to managing England.

"It was a lovely send-off," he explained. "I've got my England head on now.

On his way to the England job: Kevin Keegan
"I was just talking to one of our players, Steve McAnespie, and called him Steve McManaman by mistake. The lads said: `No, gaffer, that's tomorrow'."

Symons, now at the helm, scored for the Whites against Blackpool on Saturday March 20 1999 as they stretched their lead at the top of the table to 15 points.

Former manager Chris Coleman was also on the team sheet for the Cottagers that day.

Blackpool made a promising start to the season back then. However, like most teams that year, they travelled to Craven Cottage more in hope rather than expectation.

The visitors started the game brightly however the hosts went ahead in the 20th minute after a long ball down Fulham's right flank found Geoff Horsfield and Clarke Carlisle who challenged for it in the air.

The ball skimmed off the Blackpool defender's head and landed at the feet of Barry Hayles who fired his left-footed shot off the underside of the bar.

Breaking the deadlock: Fulham celebrate Barry Hayles' opening goal
Fulham came close to extending their lead before half time when Simon Morgan's shot was deflected wide and Neil Smith's powerful header was tipped over by Steve Banks.

The Tangerines came close after the break when Simon Sturridge shot over from a tight angle and Brett Ormerod's shot sailed just past the far post.

The Cottagers scored a second when Paul Trollope's free-kick from 30 yards out was headed away but he nodded the ball back into the danger area. Horsfield controlled it on his chest before volleying past Banks.

Steve Finnan added a third when he converted from substitute Paul Peschisolido's cross before Symons added a fourth to secure the three points for the Whites.

Fulham went on to earn promotion that year after winning the Nationwide Division Two and Keegan left the club in May to take charge of England full time.

Blackpool had a rather average season and finished 14th.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/can-fulham-manager-kit-symons-8041436?

WhiteJC

Clark: Terrific Fulham Memories

Manager On Game Against Former Club

Lee Clark says he has 'terrific memories' of his time as a player with Fulham, but he's determined to pick up his first three points as Blackpool boss against them tomorrow.

The Seasiders head to Craven Cottage for the first time since an FA Cup clash in 2013, with Clark set to come up against his former team-mate Kit Symons on the touchline.

"They got a good point up at Wigan on Saturday and they're playing with a lot of confidence under Kit. He's rejuvenated the club and the team and he's got some good youngsters there," the manager said.

"We have to go there with a game plan and try and be positive ourselves and get a positive result to build some momentum."

Clark joined Fulham as a player from Sunderland in 1999 and was part of some momentous occasions.   

"I have terrific memories of the place but I'm going with my allegiances to Blackpool and to go and get a result," he admitted.

"I've never been back there as a coach or a manager so I'm looking forward to it."

David Perkins will return to the Blackpool squad for the game in London, while Jacob Murphy looks set for a debut after joining on loan from Norwich City. A few others remain unavailable though, with the manager keen to get them up-to-speed.

"We've got one or two coming back from longer-term injuries, obviously Steven Davies and Gary MacKenzie aren't available. Cubero still needs a bit of training so he's short of fitness, and Legear is the same because he hasn't played any football.

"We need to try and, certainly in the international week, get some games behind closed doors for those types of players to get them to the fitness levels. That was something that was an issue for young Charles Dunne at the weekend because it was his first start of the season, in between that he hadn't really played any football," he added.

Read more at http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/clark-terrific-fulham-memories-2062265.aspx#XY47uvxYWov5b11V.99

WhiteJC

The Sean Davis Column

So, almost a week ago we got the news through that Kit Symons was our new permanent Manager. I didn't know until a pal rang me and asked if I was happy. I wasn't sure what he meant and then he said Kit's got the job. I was happy, obviously, but I think I kind of always expected him to get it. I haven't spoken to Kit yet, I'll probably see him at the game on Wednesday and congratulate him. It's good that we can now put that uncertainty to one side; everyone knows he's in charge now and we can just look forward to a prosperous future under Mr Symons.

Since my last column it's been quite eventful for Fulham on the pitch, with 3-3 draws at Rotherham United and Wigan Athletic sandwiching an excellent 3-0 win over Charlton Athletic. Five points from those three games is a very decent return. And while I'm sure Kit will be upset at the amount of goals we're conceding at the moment, we're scoring, we're playing well, we're moving the ball quickly and all the players know their jobs now. The football's been very pleasing on the eye and the fans are obviously more excited and are looking forward to games because of the way we've been playing of late.

The most recent outing was at the DW Stadium on Saturday, and getting a late equaliser just makes that point even better. It's great to go away from home and get a point against a team like Wigan, who went into the game on the back of a good result against Derby County (and obviously we know they're no mugs!) and have got a lot of quality players. Their season may not be going as well as they'd hoped, but to go there and get the draw was fantastic.

People may look at Wednesday's game with Blackpool and think it's a banker, but I think it's a tough one because it's against a team that have just appointed a new manager in Lee Clark. When you get a new man in the players usually get that extra 10-15 per cent out of their game, so it's going to be a difficult fixture. They've now got a fresh start and I know they had a disappointing result against Ipswich Town at the weekend, but by all accounts they didn't play too badly. Everyone's on an even keel now in their squad and they'll be trying to impress their manager, who obviously we know quite well, being an old Fulham legend himself. So it'll be a tough game but we're at home and our form at the Cottage of late – the second half against Derby aside – has been pretty good.

With Ross McCormack suspended for the game, it gives someone else an opportunity to come in and impress. Who's going to get the nod? Well, it's a difficult one. I like Cauley Woodrow a lot because he works his socks off. You know what you get with Cauley, he runs the channels and we've seen as he's worked through the age groups that if he gets an opportunity he normally puts it away, so he's up there in the running. Even someone like Patrick Roberts I feel could play in just behind the striker, so Kit's got a lot of options there which is good. Whether he will do that or not I'm not so sure because obviously Bryan Ruiz is in good form and his best position is normally behind the striker.

We've got a lot of young kids who are eager and hungry to show Kit they deserve a starting place, and that's great for the team and great for the squad.

Huddersfield Town are the visitors just three days later, and they're flying at the minute. They put Chris Powell in charge a couple of months back, a man I know quite well, and I'm glad to see him back in a job. I thought he did some really good work at Charlton and he's got a lot of good players at Huddersfield with a lot of young talent as well. It'll be a tough one but with two home games in a week – what a great opportunity to get six points and push us further up the league.

Last week Kit said that reaching the Play-Offs was not beyond the realms of possibility and, you know what, they're not. It's funny how things turn around as, before Kit took over, me and Gentleman Jim were up in the gantry saying that we'd settle for staying in the league. With the way the team are playing at the moment you never know, but our expectations should be high because Fulham have been in the Premier League for so long and we've got a good squad. It's going to be tough but these situations where you've got two games within the week, both at home as well, if you can stamp your authority and get six points, then it only breeds confidence and it gets the team more motivated and more expectation comes. There is a chance of reaching the Play-Offs, I'm not writing it off, but let's get some more games out the way first. I think Kit will want to just get to Christmas, because there are a lot of games over the festive period, get into the new year and then reassess it from there.

Tickets for our matches against Blackpool and Huddersfield Town are available for fans to purchase on General Sale, priced from just £25 adults and £10 juniors. (NB prices increase by £5 when purchased on the day of the game).

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/november/04/the-sean-davis-column?

WhiteJC

Lee Clark ready to put sentiment aside against Fulham

Blackpool boss spent seven years at Craven Cottage during his playing days

All change: Lee Clark took over at Blackpool last week after being axed by Birmingham
Lee Clark insists sentiment will go out the window when he returns to Fulham tomorrow night.

The Blackpool boss spent seven years at Craven Cottage as a player between 1999-2005, scoring 22 goals in 140 appearances for the west Londoners.

However, the struggling Seasiders are rock-bottom of the table after just one win from their opening 15 games.

Blast from the past: Lee Clark celebrates a goal with Brian McBride
Clark said: "I had seven fantastic years there. I've got terrific memories of the place, but I'm going there with allegiances to Blackpool and trying to get a result.

"I helped the club through a terrific period and, up until Roy Hodgson was in charge, it was our highest finish in the Premier League.

"We qualified for the UEFA Cup and went to places like Old Trafford and got results. It was a fantastic time for me."

Fulham will be without the suspended Ross McCormack as he serves a one-match ban following his red card in Saturday's draw at Wigan.

Fernando Amorebieta is set to return following a knee injury and Adam Taggart remains sidelined as he recovers from a groin problem.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-clark-ready-put-sentiment-8045903?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss hopes to build on Bolton, Norwich and Charlton wins against Blackpool

Fulham have won their last three league games at Craven Cottage without conceding a goal and manager Kit Symons is keen to experience more home comforts against Blackpool.

The Whites beat Bolton, Norwich and Charlton in recent weeks as the former caretaker boss was rewarded with the permanent job.

He told the club's official website: "Good results at home give you a platform to build on and I remember when I was a player, we fancied ourselves against anyone at Craven Cottage.

"That's the kind of atmosphere I want to create here again, it's early days but we are getting there.

"We want to carry that on on Wednesday, it what will be a very tough game, and we will have to be on top form to do so."

New Blackpool boss Lee Clark hopes his first signing will add some much-needed pace to the Tangerines team.

Jacob Murphy joined on a three-month loan deal from Norwich on Monday and the 19-year-old goes straight into the squad for the trip to London.

"Jacob's very versatile and he's got an abundance of pace and great attacking ability," said Clark, whose first game in charge on Saturday ended in a 2-0 home defeat to Ipswich.

"We think he can give us that injection of pace, certainly in the wide areas, that we feel we're just a bit lacking at the moment."

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/fulham_boss_hopes_to_build_on_bolton_norwich_and_charlton_wins_against_blackpool_1_3833315

WhiteJC

Fulham v Blackpool

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Venue: Craven Cottage Date: Wednesday, 5 November Kick-off: 20:00 GMT
Coverage: Listen on BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

Fulham will be without Ross McCormack when they host bottom-of-the-table Blackpool at Craven Cottage.

Striker McCormack was sent off after two yellow cards in Saturday's 3-3 draw at Wigan and serves a one-match ban.

Winger Jacob Murphy could make his Blackpool debut after joining from Norwich on a three-month loan.

Midfielder David Perkins returns following suspension while defender Charles Dunne should overcome cramp. Jose Cubero (ankle) remains out.

Head-to-head
•    Fulham won the last meeting 2-1 at Bloomfield Road in an FA Cup replay in January last year.
•    Fulham are unbeaten in the last six meetings in all competitions, winning four. Blackpool's last win was 2-1 at home in the old Division Two in February 1998.
•    Fulham are unbeaten in the last nine meetings at home in all competitions, winning six. Blackpool's last win there was 1-0 in the old Division Three in August 1986.

Fulham
•   Fulham are unbeaten in their last four games in the Championship, winning two. Their last defeat was 2-0 at Middlesbrough on 4 October.
•   Fulham have won their last three home games in the Championship, against Bolton, Norwich and Charlton.

Brentford
•   Blackpool have won only one of their 16 games in all competitions this season. Their only win was 1-0 against Cardiff at home in the Championship on 3 October.
•   Blackpool have not won any of their eight away games in all competitions this season, losing six.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29813396

WhiteJC

Sky Bet Championship: Fulham boss Kit Symons eyes Blackpool scalp

Kit Symons: Enjoying Fulham's home form

Fulham have won their last three league games at Craven Cottage without conceding a goal and manager Kit Symons is keen to experience more home comforts against Blackpool.

He told the club's official website: "Good results at home give you a platform to build on and I remember when I was a player, we fancied ourselves against anyone at Craven Cottage.

"That's the kind of atmosphere I want to create here again, it's early days but we are getting there.

"We want to carry that on on Wednesday, it what will be a very tough game, and we will have to be on top form to do so."

New Blackpool boss Lee Clark hopes his first signing will add some much-needed pace to the Tangerines team.

Jacob Murphy joined on a three-month loan deal from Norwich on Monday and the 19-year-old goes straight into the squad for the trip to London.

"Jacob's very versatile and he's got an abundance of pace and great attacking ability," said Clark, whose first game in charge on Saturday ended in a 2-0 home defeat to Ipswich.

"We think he can give us that injection of pace, certainly in the wide areas, that we feel we're just a bit lacking at the moment."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9549670/sky-bet-championship-fulham-boss-kit-symons-eyes-blackpool-scalp?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Kit Symons eager for Craven Cottage fortress

Fulham manager Kit Symons has called on his team to make Craven Cottage a tough venue for opponents for the remainder of the season.

The Cottagers have won their last three games on home turf without conceding a goal, helping them to move clear of the relegation zone in the Championship table.

Ahead of Wednesday's visit of struggling Blackpool, Symons is hopeful that his players can continue their recent run of impressive form in front of their own fans.

"Good results at home give you a platform to build on and I remember when I was a player, we fancied ourselves against anyone at Craven Cottage," he told the club's official website. "We want to carry that on on Wednesday, in what will be a very tough game, and we will have to be on top form to do so."

Fulham could climb as high as 15th place in the table with a win over Blackpool tomorrow night.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/news/symons-eager-for-craven-cottage-fortress_186483.html

WhiteJC

BLACKPOOL LINE UP V FULHAM – CLARK TO KEEP THE SAME XI

Blackpool will be looking to get themselves off the bottom of the table and get their second win of the season as they travel to Fulham on Wednesday night.

Despite their rough season so far, Blackpool have used a lot of the same players with seven of the 11 players playing 70% or more of the game minutes.

Indeed, our chosen midfield three have rather high percentages, with John Ludstram playing 95% of the time during the campaign.

The trio have played together 11 times so far this term and were all playing during Blackpool's only win of the season against Cardiff as well as helping to keep three clean sheets during these games.

Collectively, they've made just over 200 appearances in the Championship, scoring seven times with 15 assists with Tony McMahon and Joan Oriol contributing one a piece this season.

It's tough to find a scorer for this one with the last three Blackpool games seeing them fail to score, although they did find the net in the previous four games.

The Tangerines have played Fulham just once before in the league during their tenure in the Premier League in the 2010/11 season, losing one and drawing one against the London outfit.

Both of these games have seen over 2.5 goals and this could well happen again on Wednesday night so be sure to keep an eye on this for a bet.

http://www.kickoff.co.uk/29262/blackpool-line-up-v-fulham-clark-to-keep-the-same-xi/?

WhiteJC

FULHAM LINE UP V BLACKPOOL – SYMONS TO BRING IN WOODROW FOR MCCORMACK

Fulham have seen a massive boost in their form under now permanent manager Kit Symons and will be looking to make it a fourth consecutive home win as they play Blackpool on Wednesday evening.

The Whites have also kept three clean sheets in their last three home wins, mostly down to their five man back line with Tim Hoogland and Nikolay Bodurov playing at least 80% of the game time this season.

Our chosen defence have played together three times this season, winning two and losing one, while keeping two clean sheets in the process.

At the other end of the park, Symon's men have now netted 14 times in their last 6 overall, including three in each of their last three games, nearly double the eight they had managed in the opening nine games of the season.

This can be said to the use of a three man attack in recent fixtures, although Cauley Woodrow is likely to come in for the suspended Ross McCormack for Wednesday's game.

However, Hugo Rodallega and Bryan Ruiz are expected to start and have both scored braces in the last two games, with Rodallega finding the net against Charlton and Ruiz against Wigan.

The Colombian is also Fulham's highest scorer in the last 20 games and with Blackpool's very leaky defence, both players are fine bets to take to net on Wednesday night.

http://www.kickoff.co.uk/29244/fulham-line-up-v-blackpool-symons-to-bring-in-woodrow-for-mccormack/?

WhiteJC

Superyacht 'owned by billionaire Fulham FC chairman' makes its way into London - and you can rent it for £940,000-a-week
Kismet is 308ft long and boasts six bedrooms, three decks and a private sundeck with a pool-Jacuzzi-BBQ area
It is thought to belong to the owner of Fulham FC, Pakistani-American billionaire businessman Shahid Khan
Althought allegedly owned by Mr Khan, the superyacht can be chartered for £940,000-a-week

A rare superyacht believed to belong to one of the world's richest men, has become a regular fixture on the Thames since arriving last week.

The 308ft long Kismet, which was launched in September this year, is widely reported to be the latest toy of Fulham FC owner Shahid Khan.

The Pakistani-American billionaire businessman is the 349th wealthiest person in the world, and the world's richest person of Pakistani origin.

Nice ride: The 308ft Kismet yacht boasts six bedrooms, three decks, a helipad, and a private sundeck with a pool-Jacuzzi-BBQ area

Kismet a sister-vessel to a 223ft yacht formerly owned by Mr Khan, also called Kismet and rechristened Global after it was sold for a rumoured £69million last year) and it is believed that Mr Khan is also the owner of the new Kismet.

The shipyard, Lurssen, appeared to confirm that Shahid Khan is the owner of the 'new Kismet' at the launch of the superyacht earlier this year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2820891/Superyacht-owned-billionaire-Fulham-FC-chairman-makes-way-London-rent-940-000-week.html#ixzz3IBHlB27R
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

The Rise and Fall of Fulham Football Club, and Why It's OK

Football clubs are atavistic. We all swear blind that we deserve better, but, in the end, our teams revert to type. Players, managers, and chairmen come and go, but there's a thread through a club's history that can't easily be cut.

When Fulham fired Felix Magath last month after a disastrous seven months that saw the club drop out of the Premier League and fall to the bottom of the second tier, this thought was oddly comforting to me.

Comforting because, after the anger subsided, I began to realise that, no matter what I thought at the time, the last 17 years or so were just a gorgeous anomaly that I was lucky enough to see first hand. And now it's time to embrace reality.

When I went to my first game in 1996, not yet 7 years old, I was blissfully unaware of the crises the club were only just emerging from. We were in the fourth tier of English football and had, only weeks before, sat second bottom of the entire professional league system. Years of perilous finances and dreadful leadership had left us within a hair's breadth of a merger with bitter local rivals QPR.

I was told to stand on the corner of Stevenage Road before home games collecting small change in a bucket that said "Fulham 2000" on it, part of an on-going attempt to save the club from oblivion by a supporters club that had bravely persisted through the dark years. When the cottage in the corner of the stadium looked in bad shape, my uncle and aunt joined other supporters and volunteered their time to paint it.

And then, after an unlikely promotion back to the third tier that year, Egyptian millionaire Mohamed Al Fayed purchased the club and the darkness lifted. He promised Premier League football within five years and we made it in four, spending £40m on the way and setting record points totals.

Thirteen years later, on May 12, 2010, I found myself standing in Hamburg's Nordbank Arena watching Fulham play Atletico Madrid in the Europa League Final.

A world away from the uncertainty of the early 90s, we'd found ourselves comfortably in the middle of the Premier League table every year, barring the odd flirtation with relegation. Al Fayed's money couldn't compete with the monster that it had created and we were never going to be the "Man United of the South" as he so boldly claimed in 1997. It was a billionaire's game now, not a millionaire's. But at least we were there, comfortably in the same division with those big boys.

Manager Roy Hodgson had assembled a well-organized and well-drilled team of under-achievers and rejects and turned them into giant-killers. We had come back from a four-goal deficit to knock out Italian giants Juventus—including that famous chipped goal from Clint Dempsey, above, beaten holders Shakhtar Donetsk, waltzed past Bundesliga champions Wolfsburg in the quarter-finals and then, when it seemed so unlikely, we had come back from behind to beat Hamburg, the team hosting the final.

We'd spoiled their party. A few years beforehand, we couldn't pay people to paint the ground.

A last-minute extra-time Diego Forlan goal in the final condemned Hodgson's team to a 2-1 defeat, denying us the first piece of major silverware in our history. But it was tough to feel low. After a few hours, maybe a couple of days, there was little left but pride, a realisation that we'd seen things other fans could only dream of, that the club had done something bordering on the impossible given its size and stature. For a few months, printed on tickets and written in chalk outside bars in European cities, we were Fulham FC (or, sometimes, charmingly, "FC Fulham") genuine contenders for a European football trophy.

The space between then and now feels like an Andy Kaufman joke. It's absurd and relentless and, if the punchline ever comes, it's probably on the audience for turning up at all.

The Europa League Final team was slowly pulled apart. Roy Hodgson took the Liverpool job, Mark Hughes came in for a year but left, citing the club's lack of ambition. Fulham responded by hiring Martin Jol.

Before long, club captain and midfield anchor Danny Murphy was released and Clint Dempsey followed Moussa Dembele to Spurs, leaving a gaping hole in the centre of the park. Suddenly, the team lacked the guile, energy, and youth that had taken us to Hamburg.

The club's answer to this problem, this dearth of urgency and heart, was to sign Dimitar Berbatov.

Dimitar Berbatov was and still is brilliant. He also knows that he is brilliant. He smokes a pack a day, but he does not sweat because he does not run enough to sweat. He also does not care what you think.

Above all, he was a superstar; a fistful of magic sprinkles to give the illusion of ambition and glamour. Berbatov's 15 goals in his first season papered over the cracks in a team now severely lacking in ideas and, as time went by, his on-field demeanour predictably turned from nonplussed to arrogant to poisonous. The fans began to turn on him, and he responded by steadfastly refusing to make any effort. We were no longer Fulham F.C., European trophy contenders, and the Bulgarian decided he was too good for us.

But Berbatov was a symptom of the club's demise rather than a cause. Asking Dimitar Berbatov to run around, defend from the front, cut down on smoking, or even pretend to care for the sake of the fans, is like asking a cat to perform tricks. They are not interested and they will pretend not to understand. If the club spent £4m and unspeakable wages to sign him in the hope that he would do any of these things, they can only have themselves to blame.

The problem ran deeper than that. The squad was decaying as Al Fayed's financial backing dried up. Free transfers and older players with no resale value played an increasingly important role in the starting XI each week and their frailties were being exposed all too often.

So, when Al Fayed sold the club to Shahid Khan in the summer of 2013, there was a hint of apprehension along with the outpouring of gratitude, but it was generally accepted that Al Fayed had taken the club as far as he could. Khan, conversely, was a billionaire.

Understandably reluctant to come across as a trigger-happy megalomaniac — their presence is too often felt in English football — Khan stuck with Martin Jol as manager, despite the hard work and organization of the Hodgson era being replaced with various combinations of Berbatov, Bryan Ruiz and Adel Taarabt—three talented players attempting to win a laziest footballer contest.

Jol also made a habit of saying all the wrong things in press conferences, defending his most inept players and, after a 3-1 defeat to United, declaring, "we won the second half." Somehow, Mark Hughes' prophecy was coming true.

By the fall of 2013, we were staring into the abyss. Jol had been sacked and replaced by his assistant Rene Meulensteen, a man with roughly four months managerial experience. The comedy didn't kick in properly until the New Year, though. Berbatov, Ruiz, and Taarabt, each responsible in their own way for the team's dismal run of form, were snapped up by Monaco, PSV, and AC Milan respectively. Even Philipe Senderos went to Valencia. Big name players heading to the big name clubs they felt they belonged at. As we felt the trapdoor creak beneath our feet, our most recognizable players boarded jets to Europe's top clubs.

And then, in the midst of all this, there was Felix Magath, the man tasked with staving off relegation, hired a few days after the transfer window closed and Meulensteen had been shown the door.

Magath was the Last Dictator In Europe, a man nicknamed "Saddam" by the players beneath him at Bayern Munich. He'd call players to his office and stare at them for three minutes whilst sipping tea, not saying a word, before telling them they could leave. He made substitutions after half an hour of a game if he didn't like a player's touch.

The day after his dismissal from Fulham, a story leaked about his overruling the team doctor. Brede Hangeland's thigh injury, he said, could be cured by taping a block of cheese soaked in alcohol to his leg. Hangeland's injury, curiously, never quite went away, but he still played that Saturday.

But Magath was merely the final insult. His tenure turned the club into a laughing stock for a few months, but we'd been setting the joke up for a few years already. Whatever stories and myths might have emerged, the fact remains that, under Magath's tenure, Fulham's 13-years as a top-flight team ended with a whimper.

With Magath now gone, there's some cause for optimism. There are some thrilling young players starting to break through, and experienced players like Hugo Rodallega, Ross McCormack and Scott Parker rediscovering some form. Much-loved inside man Kit Symons has been given the manager's job on a full-time basis having steered the club out of the Championship relegation zone as caretaker.

But that is our reality now. We sit around and plot how to avoid successive relegations. As a kid during Fulham's rapid ascent in the late '90s, I was warned by the people standing around me on the terraces to enjoy the good times while they lasted before it all came crashing down.

Whatever happens now, I can say that I did.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2014/11/the-decline-and-fall-of-fulham-fc-and-why-its-ok.html?

WhiteJC

The Return of an Old Favourite!

This evening we welcome an old favourite back to Craven Cottage.

Lee Clark, now managing Blackpool, returns to a former stomping ground where he spent seven years.

This season has been a strange one for Clark, sacked by Birmingham it didn`t take Clark too long to find another appointment, although some might say he`s been handed the poison chalice with the Blackpool job.

However, Clark, ahead of the trip to Craven Cottage, has spoken fondly about his time with us, commenting to the media,

"I had seven fantastic years there, but I`m going there with allegiances to Blackpool and trying to get a result."

I`m sure the Craven Cottage faithful will give Lee a decent welcome, but as for those points, I reckon they`re staying with us, how about you?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=375843#ixzz3IBIl8HZP