watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele....for Ruiz??

Started by res, October 26, 2014, 08:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

Always admired Ruiz's skill and talent (therefore this is not a Ruiz bashing post), albeit realising some of it is latent. Similarly with Dembele, loads of talent and silky touches, although often lacking in end product in the Premiership. As Ruiz would prefer to be out after the January transfer deadline, and Dembele is not getting much of a look in at an underperforming Spurs side, how about a swop between the two, or a Dembele replacement for a departing Ruiz?

Mokes

Quote from: res on October 26, 2014, 08:28:41 PM
Always admired Ruiz's skill and talent (therefore this is not a Ruiz bashing post), albeit realising some of it is latent. Similarly with Dembele, loads of talent and silky touches, although often lacking in end product in the Premiership. As Ruiz would prefer to be out after the January transfer deadline, and Dembele is not getting much of a look in at an underperforming Spurs side, how about a swop between the two, or a Dembele replacement for a departing Ruiz?

Maybe if we were still in the Premier league Dembele would consider it....

FPT

Mousa Dembele was never about goals and assists though, he put us into positions where creating chances were possible by taking out 2/3 players by just simply gliding past them. This was the issue for me, people saw Dembele as a person who should be creating chances, but that wasn't his game; and didn't need to be in the system played.

I don't think Dembele would drop a division; especially when you consider moves will likely be on to other top divisions. I do expect Ruiz to leave, however.

dannyboi-ffc

No chance of dembele coming back and I'm not so sure ruiz is gonna leave until the summer. But to answer the question dembele is so much better than ruiz even if they are different players. Maybe ruiz would prove more gifted in a foreign league, not sure who was rated better in Holland when they were at alkmaar and twente but in England dembele is a better player
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

AUSFFC

Dembele is a much better player, even though different style. I would make the swap any day! but very doubtful he would drop a league. Would be nice though
"Never expecting, always believing" COYW

K33NY

I would want him back any day, but no way will he drop down a league, cant see it happening

Ichabod Magoo

Ruiz isn't half the player Dembele is.  Spurs already have 35 midfielders, many of whom don't conform to the coaches philosophy of constant pressure including Dembele, and certainly not Ruiz.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

HatterDon

I absolutely love threads like this -- based on the premise that an ex-player moved away from Fulham because he had an inflated opinion of himself, is now struggling, and would be interested in crawling back to Craven Cottage begging for forgiveness.

Oldies, please let me know if this is how folks used to think about Sniffer. "He hasn't scored for Leeds in three matches. I wonder if we can get him back for a crate of Lucozade?"

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MasterHaynes

Quote from: HatterDon on October 27, 2014, 04:20:00 AM
I absolutely love threads like this -- based on the premise that an ex-player moved away from Fulham because he had an inflated opinion of himself, is now struggling, and would be interested in crawling back to Craven Cottage begging for forgiveness.

Oldies, please let me know if this is how folks used to think about Sniffer. "He hasn't scored for Leeds in three matches. I wonder if we can get him back for a crate of Lucozade?"

By the time he went to Leeds we were in the 3rd division having dropped straight through Div 2. He had picked up MOM in the cup final for a losing Leicester team and trebled his record transfer fee from the previous season when he left us. Clarke was clearly bigger than us. We certainly couldn't afford him, much the same as Dembele.

FFC1987

Dembele when up for it, is unplayable. His performance against Utd rates up there with some of the best i've seen from a player in a Fulham shirt. I'd snap this detail up if possible....But it isn't and its ridiculous to even speculate. He's a champions league caliber player but Spurs just aren't performing.

Tonywa

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 27, 2014, 12:06:40 PM
Dembele when up for it, is unplayable. His performance against Utd rates up there with some of the best i've seen from a player in a Fulham shirt. I'd snap this detail up if possible....But it isn't and its ridiculous to even speculate. He's a champions league caliber player but Spurs just aren't performing.

Neither is he and wonderful talent though he is, I rather think he has gone backwards since his move to Tottenham.  His faults seem to remain (lack of goals and sometimes poor final ball), while his asset of picking a pass and jinking past players while in possession is not nearly so apparent as it was when he was at the Cottage. None of which means, sadly, that we have a cat in hell's chance of picking him up on loan.  If we did I think the havoc he could create in Championship defences would be quite extraordinary.

FFC1987

Quote from: Tonywa on October 27, 2014, 12:19:06 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 27, 2014, 12:06:40 PM

Neither is he and wonderful talent though he is, I rather think he has gone backwards since his move to Tottenham.  His faults seem to remain (lack of goals and sometimes poor final ball), while his asset of picking a pass and jinking past players while in possession is not nearly so apparent as it was when he was at the Cottage. None of which means, sadly, that we have a cat in hell's chance of picking him up on loan.  If we did I think the havoc he could create in Championship defences would be quite extraordinary.

He's not being played correctly. Most Spur's fan's I know claim they got him for goals...play him as we did, deep lying to drag the team forward and hes brilliant. People just expect goals from him but anyone who watched him play know he can't shoot for toffee! Proper powerful baller.