watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Real Ale Bar

Started by King_Crud, October 28, 2014, 10:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

not a fan of real ale myself and £4 seems a little steep too. been a long time since I had an ale or a beer so could be the going rate for a pint I guess, last beer I had was a bottle of becks about 6 months ago cost was £2.60.

Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 28, 2014, 01:14:45 PM
Did someone say real cider?  :yay:

I very much doubt it, don't you? Probably Strongbow or Magners alcopops.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

CorkCity

Fulham have sunk to a new low by introducing a Real Ale Bar
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

blingo

Is the Rising Sun still opposite?

CorkCity

Quote from: blingo on October 28, 2014, 01:35:25 PM
Is the Rising Sun still opposite?

We have the same number of posts Blingo, only 594 of mine have been about the Blues !
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Holders on October 28, 2014, 01:28:51 PM
Did someone say real cider?  :yay:

As far as I recall they were advertising real cider. The ale and cider appeared to be coming out of barrels.

I will be trying it tonight. Really pleased to see it. Along with many others I am sure, I suggested getting in real ale in one of the club surveys thinking of Fullers London Pride (as that would look good as shirt sponsors).

Real ale, real cider. Next real food?

Twig

Quote from: westcliff white on October 28, 2014, 01:18:42 PM
not a fan of real ale myself and £4 seems a little steep too. been a long time since I had an ale or a beer so could be the going rate for a pint I guess, last beer I had was a bottle of becks about 6 months ago cost was £2.60.

If you last had a bottle of Becks then it's true, it s a long time since you drank any beer.

The Bronsons

Should never have read this thread. I'm at least four hours away from a pint.   094.gif

Apprentice to the Maestro

No one is forcing anyone to drink real ale. £4 is comparable with London pubs and the prices for other drinks inside football grounds. £1.90 for PG Tips anyone?

Southdowns White

Get some Dark Star Beer (West Sussex)in there, Loads of different types something for everyone.

Jimpav

Good that the club can recognise the demand for this sort of thing. A big step up from drinking pints of piss that have been poured out of a guys backpack.

Brighton serve real ale at their ground. Apparently they change the guest beer according to the away team.

glenhodgso

I had a pint of the cider, it was a real "craft" brew, and an acquired taste, nothing like the sweet, homogenised or synthetic taste of the above mentioned brands, I reckon that I could taste the odd pip it was that fresh - As for the name, I forget, the nice chap selling it did tell me, and the two guys said they would be there tonight for sure - nice blokes....

Maybe it was shipped directly from the Grundy's Cider Club?

Holders

Quote from: glenhodgso on October 28, 2014, 03:53:03 PM

I had a pint of the cider, it was a real "craft" brew, and an acquired taste, nothing like the sweet, homogenised or synthetic taste of the above mentioned brands, I reckon that I could taste the odd pip it was that fresh - As for the name, I forget, the nice chap selling it did tell me, and the two guys said they would be there tonight for sure - nice blokes....

Maybe it was shipped directly from the Grundy's Cider Club?

Thanks Glen, I'll look out for it next time I'm up, hic! Would be interested to know what it's called.

I like my cider to have that elusive piquant aftertaste of silage, or the smell that you get when you've just hosed down the milking parlour - none of that fizzy rubbish.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

King_Crud

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on October 28, 2014, 11:04:02 AM
Yeh, loved it. I wonder if any other clubs are serving Craft beer or if we're the first?

plenty serve it, Palace even have their own ale these days

hovewhite

Just a word re brighton game at amex its serves real ale.

King_Crud

for those interested, the bar was there on Wednesday, and they have added a second ale (Otter Amber). The price has gone up to £4.20 as the club said they couldn't undercut the other bars. I asked if they would be staying and they said yes, and the club has asked them to set up a second bar at the other end of the Riverside, towards the Putney end.

PLB

Quote from: Martinsback on October 28, 2014, 11:54:01 AM
Anyone here brew beer at home? I do and there are some cracking kits out there if you don't fancy brewing from scratch...

Yep - I've got a Fullers London Pride extract kit bottle conditioning at the moment. Opened one last night and it's still a little green, but it's only been in there a week so it's carbed but not ready.
My last kit was an Old Speckled Hen, which was nice; my only problem is I don't have the patience to wait the 4+ weeks of bottle conditioning to drink it! I found a bottle of the OSH that I had missed, it was about 3 months old and was lovely, and just like the real thing but worked out about 40p a pint.

RaySmith

The price of pub drinking today! - not much change from a tenner for two pints.

westcliff white

Quote from: Twig on October 28, 2014, 02:03:10 PM

If you last had a bottle of Becks then it's true, it s a long time since you drank any beer.
Becks until SAB bought them was a decent beer, now its gone like all the other brands they produce too damn gassy. They should leave to those who know best. But then thats why I now don't drink beer
Every day is a Fulham day

Kent Cassandra

So what about us Johnny Haynes. Standees we have no access
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.