watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Real Ale Bar

Started by King_Crud, October 28, 2014, 10:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Crud

I've just emailed the club to thank them for setting up a real ale bar for the Charlton game. For those who didn't see it it's located on the river, at the corner of the Hammersmith & Riverside stands. I normally drink at the pub until the last minute before heading to the game, but if there's a real ale bar I'll be heading to the ground earlier. The guys running it said they'd been asked to be a permanent fixture, so let's hope it stays.  082.gif

Now to sort out the food selection.......

Berserker

How much are they charging for a pint?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

King_Crud

£4. They also had cider and G&Ts

brightster

It was a surprise to see that there on Friday and they do a very nice pint, they charge £4 which is the same as the pubs.

Whitesideup

How do we find out if the bar is open? for this evening for example?

King_Crud

blokes running it said they'd definitely be there tonight

Horsfield_No9

Yeh, loved it. I wonder if any other clubs are serving Craft beer or if we're the first? Makes a nice change from the expensive pissy lager. Nice to see outside business in The Cottage too, it somehow adds to unique and family feel.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

ByTheRiver

Woah! Unfortunately I had to pull out of the Charlton game last minute and so have not yet seen this, but it sounds like The Best News Ever.

What ale(s) were they serving?

Horsfield_No9

It was a golden ale I'd say. Not sure of the brewery and there's only one option. They also do one type of craft cider and G&T's. It wasn't amazing beer but was a step up from Carling and Carlsberg.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on October 28, 2014, 11:13:56 AM
It was a golden ale I'd say. Not sure of the brewery and there's only one option. They also do one type of craft cider and G&T's. It wasn't amazing beer but was a step up from Carling and Carlsberg.

Interesting. Ta!

Though, to be fair, a drip tray from the Hammy End gents urinals would be a step up from Carling and Carlsberg...

Hong Kong Fulham fan

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: ByTheRiver on October 28, 2014, 11:16:24 AM

Interesting. Ta!

Though, to be fair, a drip tray from the Hammy End gents urinals would be a step up from Carling and Carlsberg...

Ha ha! Fair comment. Been to that beer shop on the Fulham Palace Road? Some great stuff in there.

BestOfBrede

Really wish they would get London Pride in!

Martinsback

Anyone here brew beer at home? I do and there are some cracking kits out there if you don't fancy brewing from scratch...

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on October 28, 2014, 11:21:47 AM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on October 28, 2014, 11:16:24 AM

Interesting. Ta!

Ha ha! Fair comment. Been to that beer shop on the Fulham Palace Road? Some great stuff in there.

Yeah! That place is ace!

I'm still loving the Euston Tap for an after work pint. Amazing selection and it changes daily. Anyone who hasn' t been, it's a must!

Logicalman

Quote from: BestOfBrede on October 28, 2014, 11:38:37 AM
Really wish they would get London Pride in!

:Haynes The Maestro:   :plus one:

Well we ARE the Pride of London, and don't let anyone forget it!!

C O Y W   049:gif
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Holders

Was it real cider as well? If so, what one?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ByTheRiver

If someone could also ask them to get a little stall selling goods from that Indian restaurant (Spice Cottage?) near The Lion too, that would be just great.

A pint of real ale, a chicken jalfrezi and Kit's Whites. Heaven.

Ronnief

Real Ale in the Johnny Haynes Stand would be good, then I would have a pint before each match.  I don't drink lagers!!

Scrumpy

Did someone say real cider?  :yay:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.