News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why I think Sparky will be boss..........

Started by Fulham Yolk, June 30, 2010, 05:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Yolk

Hi Peeps, I came across this board recently and as you seem like a freindly bunch have taken the liberty to sign up!  :003:

If, as is very much expected now that Roy leaves us I really think that it will be Hughes who takes over as Alistair Mackintosh employed him as boss for Man City and apparantly has a very good relationship with him still and think this is going to be a big influence on who the board selects to replace Roy.

Personally I think he could do a job for us but it doesnt feel me with excitement!

Anyway was just saying Hi as a first time poster and sharing my thoughts!

:008:

Tom

Quote from: Fulham Yolk on June 30, 2010, 05:51:18 PM
Hi Peeps, I came across this board recently and as you seem like a freindly bunch have taken the liberty to sign up!  :003:

If, as is very much expected now that Roy leaves us I really think that it will be Hughes who takes over as Alistair Mackintosh employed him as boss for Man City and apparantly has a very good relationship with him still and think this is going to be a big influence on who the board selects to replace Roy.

Personally I think he could do a job for us but it doesnt feel me with excitement!

Anyway was just saying Hi as a first time poster and sharing my thoughts!

:008:

+1 and I hope you are right. Welcome to the board as well.
Fulham for life!

jarv

I hope Hughes. These insights about friends in football's high places are very interesting. Hope you are right.

White Noise

Welcome aboard FY. I think Mr Mac had left before Sparky arrived hadn't he?  Nevertheless he will be familiar with his methods and Hughes would be a great addition to the club. Always speaks sense, has hoe discipline down to a fine art and dresses very well. After Roy and his hand made Italian suits I really don't want to see is backsliding down to Top Man again!

Lighthouse

Hughes was also reported to have turned down the job in Millionaire Saudi Land that he was supposed to have been interviewed for. But as I have said before, who ever it is will have a job on their hands. Not sure anybody would thrill me so I just hope Fulham can continue their progress. Big season coming up.

Welcome Fulham Yolk, most of us are friendly but there are the kids who hang out by the bike sheds who pinch your Dinner Money and make you do their home work. Thats why I bring sandwiches and don't look them in the eyes.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FC Silver Fox

Having Sparky would make Roy's alleged departure just about bearable.

I add my welcome too, Fy.  Keep posting.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

WhiteJC

welome FY, how much of the "paper talk" about Sven and Sparky joining us is down to jurno's (google) researching and finding out that Sven, Sparky and Ali Mac have all got links to Man City.

...there's no smoke without fire  :62:

FatFreddysCat

God i'm drunk and forgotten what i was going to add as a reply. But welcome to FOf Fy.

Steve_orino

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 30, 2010, 08:59:17 PM
God i'm drunk and forgotten what i was going to add as a reply. But welcome to FOf Fy.

Wished I could say the same but I'm not - To Fat Fred, we salute you!  :sir_roy:

Welcome Yolk  :047:, may your posts be plentiful
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Jimbobob

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 30, 2010, 08:59:17 PM

Outstanding...:sir_roy: :beer: :sir_roy: :beer:
in the great tradition of Sir Winston Churchill....an enigma wraped in a walrus humping an elephant or something to that effect...on the beaches.... :doh: :doh: :doh:
Welcome FOf Fy and good night FFC!!!
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Fulham Yolk

Thanks for the welcomes!

If Sparky does get the job what would peoples thoughts be on him re signing Santa Cruz - He got him playing well at Rovers and think if fit could be the 15+ goal scorer weve laked for some time!

epsomraver

Sorry not a great fan of Hughes, remember his style at Blackburn? he has always encouraged thuggish style AKA Bolton type football and I cannot see that changing

Serotonin

At Rovers I think he worked with what he had i.e. workmanlike players and yes they were a little aggressive. Man City weren't exactly a dirty team with him in charge, and our current squad has proved they can play the right way. I hope Hughes gets the job, and I don't believe we would automatically become a team of thugs. Also, if Roque Santa Cruz is available cheap, then why not. Shame we couldnt get Martin Petrov before he went to Bolton (although we're not exactly short in wide areas).