News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it possible to withdraw your entry from a cup from the start?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, October 28, 2014, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

I ask because I fail to see the point in scraping through a couple of ties only to be one step from the quarter finals and then basically wave the white flag.

We're never ever going to see Fulham win anything, it's as if we're jinxed.

Oh well, there's always next year but funny enough I remember saying that as I drove home from Leicester in the same round last year. We were winning that one too and then fell apart.

It's going to really wind me up if we lose to Wigan now, I'm not saying it was wrong to rest Parker Hugo and burn OR bodurov but that back 4 is a joke and I cringed when I saw the line up.

Never mind, I just hope it doesn't affect kits chances because that would be a shame. He better still get the job khan!

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Jimpav

I think I would rather have gone out now than get tanked by Chelsea or Liverpool etc in the next round.

We do seem destined for failure in the domestic cups but how many can say they saw their team turn over some European heavyweights and hold their own against a Champions league side in a European final.

Chin up Danny Boi, there's always the FA cup... 078.gif

irishfulham

if you see it ok to rest burn and boroduv then what would your back 4 have been?

ffcthereligion

Fully agree, simply do not understand this resting of the players for the domestic trophies. I want to see Fulham lift some silverware we all do! Why not give it everything we have for once! Bradford got to the final what 2 years ago. This is not an exhausting cup run and drain on players like a europa campaign is. If we had won tonight it would have been 4 matches to potential glory. That is no burden on our players. Very frustrated for another year as i was too returning from leicester. One of these years!

K33NY

Quote from: ffcthereligion on October 28, 2014, 11:50:45 PM
Fully agree, simply do not understand this resting of the players for the domestic trophies. I want to see Fulham lift some silverware we all do! Why not give it everything we have for once! Bradford got to the final what 2 years ago. This is not an exhausting cup run and drain on players like a europa campaign is. If we had won tonight it would have been 4 matches to potential glory. That is no burden on our players. Very frustrated for another year as i was too returning from leicester. One of these years!

try playing 2-3 matches 90 minutes each a week + 4-5 days with training and you will start to understand what fatigue and injuries are

Deanothefulhamfan

We didn't wave the white flag. We went 2-0 up against a very good side, but collapsed second half. This is more down to a lack of discipline, focus and talent than giving up.... What you describe is our performance against Derby or Reading under FM.

If you had the choice of winning last night or getting a result at Wigan, what would you have chose? I think Kit thought Saturday was more important, and that the players he picked were more than capable to perform. Lets say Kit plays RM, LVC etc and they get injured, we would be in a terrible position. Wrap our players in cotton wool, and watch us climb up the league.

MJG

TonyGilroy

Given our start I don't have a problem with us prioritising the League.

I would guess that Kit has learned the importance of continuing to play a settled team if he didn't already know it. By and large most of the kids aren't ready yet for anything other than impact sub duties. Dembele though impressed which is the one positive from the night.

If Burn, Bodurov or Bettinelli get injured it will be vital to bring in an experienced loanee. You have to feel for Arthurworry who may yet raise his game but given his reputation Hutchinson looks hopelessly inadequate.

Meanwhile these games do give match practice and must help the manager in his assessment of players.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 29, 2014, 06:09:20 AM
We didn't wave the white flag. We went 2-0 up against a very good side, but collapsed second half. This is more down to a lack of discipline, focus and talent than giving up.... What you describe is our performance against Derby or Reading under FM.

If you had the choice of winning last night or getting a result at Wigan, what would you have chose? I think Kit thought Saturday was more important, and that the players he picked were more than capable to perform. Lets say Kit plays RM, LVC etc and they get injured, we would be in a terrible position. Wrap our players in cotton wool, and watch us climb up the league.
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 29, 2014, 06:09:20 AM

Deano we did wave the white flag mate. Being 2-0 was through pure luck, both goals were gifted and terrible derby errors. They were by far the better side and it was like men vs boys. We were lucky it wasn't 7 or 8 because it could easily have been that bad.

Burn Parker mcormack and Hugo should be wrapped in cotton wool but I think Kit went overboard with his changes and disrespected the competition. If you're going to brush it off in the 4th round after beating Brentford and Doncaster what's the point in even entering? 3 games a week will take its toll but surely it can't do that much harm to try and win the cup. It was only 4 more games after derby.

It was nice to see Arthurworry but as a defender himself kit must really rate this boy, the situation he put him in was unfair and not much different to magath playing burgess before he was ready.  Hutchinson is not good enough for this level, kavanagh has a great attitude but let's be honest, he is handy for that extra body in midfield for protection but he's never going to be good enough as a left back for where we want to be. Plus he's inexperienced. Tracksuit Pete behind him, god knows why a keeper needs a rest and a rb who is probably the worst we've ever had. Would it have hurt to play bettinelli in goal and bodurov next to him, giving burn a rest?

I was very happy with the front 4 and the only positive was dembele ' s finishing. If it was that important to rest players why did mcormack come on to fight a lost cause and roberts/Williams who never play were taken off, yet ruiz who will play at wigan stayed on? Didn't make sense to me.

We need to prioritise the league and if we beat Wigan it was a good move by kit to keep them fresh but we did the same last year at Leicester.  Both times the last 16 had very few teams outside of the prem and we were lucky to draw championship clubs all be it both were top of the league but other clubs would've grabbed the chance with both hands.

Not Fulham though. Just don't bother entering if you don't intend to win

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

TonyGilroy

I wonder if the team would have been different had Kit known that Derby would play their best team.

Like it or not but just about every club uses the League Club to give game time to kids and squad players.

RaySmith

Crowd figures, also, show where most fans' priorities lie.

supersimmo123

You do get cash for participating though, and we are no longer in a position to turn down cash!

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 29, 2014, 10:29:45 AM

I wonder if the team would have been different had Kit known that Derby would play their best team.

Like it or not but just about every club uses the League Club to give game time to kids and squad players.

I know most clubs use it as a second string competition but I'm just disappointed kit made so many. Derby made 5 and I was expecting similar from us. But never mind hopefully derby get man city away and not Sheffield utd at home. Although we proved last year we choke against anyone in the cup.

looking forward to Wigan now. Coyw and come on Kit!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]