watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit Out Brigade...

Started by ChesterTheTabby, October 29, 2014, 01:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

I think of it this way. If a manager does well accept the praise, if a manager makes a blunder accept the criticism. Kit made a boo boo last night as far as I'm concerned, and i should be able to voice that, but he has done well in other matches and I've commented on those in the past on here. He isn't the messiah but a normal guy who has been given the chance to step up as our care taker manager, he's been given the opportunity to prove he can lead Fulham where the 5 man panel and Khan wants Fulham to go. I will leave it to them to make the decision as they are football experts. I just want people to step back and stop swinging from Kit's in or Kit's out arguing, and look at it in a clinical manner. I repeat Kit is not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy!!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Peabody

Those who are saying Kit should not have the job are being fickle, yes, we have made hard work of some games, particularly in the second half but This could be rectified in The January window, do not forget that Kit can only play the players that someone else brought in. He obviously knows the younger players but too react as some did last night is ridiculous. You would think that Hoog handled the ball deliberately, I know he is one of the more experienced of our players but to those that were so critical of him, can you say that you never made a mistake in your jobs? So, instead of lambasting our team and management, why not get behind them.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Peabody on October 29, 2014, 01:05:13 PM
Those who are saying Kit should not have the job are being fickle, yes, we have made hard work of some games, particularly in the second half but This could be rectified in The January window, do not forget that Kit can only play the players that someone else brought in. He obviously knows the younger players but too react as some did last night is ridiculous. You would think that Hoog handled the ball deliberately, I know he is one of the more experienced of our players but to those that were so critical of him, can you say that you never made a mistake in your jobs? So, instead of lambasting our team and management, why not get behind them.

Well said !

PaulJ123

I understand where people are coming from when they're saying we need to keep Kit as he has done well. But we've got to realise that nearly all the time when a new manager comes in, they experience an upward turn in form, and the fact Kit knows all the players so well this was always going to happen. That's why he was good for the short term due to the knowing of the players and getting their confidence back to play better.

What worries me is the tactical naivety at times, not just the 2nd half yesterday (which was a shambles) but a lot of other games we have been extremely lucky to get the 3 points. I really don't think hes the man for the long term purely down to a lack of experience, I'd like to see him as assistant to someone like Bruce but he has said he will leave if he doesnt get the job (which I don't really agree with but up to him I suppose).

If you look at the tactics that Kit has been using, it hasn't really been any different to what Felix used, and the football at times has been very poor. For me we need to use pace on the wings to spread the play a bit.

If he does get the job, then I will support him 100% but until then, I think I'm well within my rights to suggest he might not be the best option. If Bruce was available, we'd be stupid to turn him down in my opinion

Peabody

And if Bruce is not available?

Lighthouse

The urban legend that is a new manager sees an upturn in form. Doesn't apply for Roy, Rene, Hughes, Sanchez,Felix etc, Only to Kit. I suppose the exception proves the rule.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFC1987

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 29, 2014, 01:51:41 PM
The urban legend that is a new manager sees an upturn in form. Doesn't apply for Roy, Rene, Hughes, Sanchez,Felix etc, Only to Kit. I suppose the exception proves the rule.

On the flip side, some appalling managers (who over the long haul proved to be hopeless) had some startling upturn in form. Works both ways I guess.

For the record I'm a KitIn fan.

rusty shackleford

He made a mistake, every manager made mistakes, even Woy

To be honest, i will be pissed if its not Kit. And its not even the results really. Its a results business at the end of the day, but more important to me is having a club that we can be proud of in victory or defeat. With spirit/fight and good feeling. Thats what we've felt like since he's taken over, results be damned.

Whitesideup

Quote from: alfie on October 29, 2014, 11:59:22 AM
due to new grandchild arriving last night i did not make the game so cannot comment on that, but i do have a comment on the next manager, now i believe that KS has done all he can to secure the position of manager (ignore last night), but i also believe that if someone does not hold that opinion they should not be lamblasted over it. I hated it on here when people were being described as "Jol lover or hater" or "Magath lover/hater" or now maybe "Kit".

I believe that KS is the right man for the job at this present moment, as i thought that both Jol and Magath were at the time they were appointed. I was wrong on that and fully accept it, but in saying that i maintain that is was my right to have that opinion, just like some supporters now are not of the opinion that KS is right for the job. If they are wrong and he is appointed and does a great job they should be big enough to come on here and admit they were wrong, of course does apply the other way as well.

This is a good post. There is no reason to lambast others, making out that not supporting Kit is some kind of crime. Personally I am not sure, but on balance would go with him. We have done well and things have turned around. However we have also enjoyed some very good fortune, the exact reverse of some of our earlier games. I remain totally unconvinced by Ruiz and feel that his inclusion is adversely affecting the shape and performance of the team. When the going gets tough, Ruiz disappears totally. I mention that here because this is Kit's decision, and something we are seeing little sign of being sorted. So while generally the omens are good, that he is a great Fulham man, it is ok to have a couple of reservations, concerns if you like, without this nonsense about such views being a new heresy

Logicalman

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 29, 2014, 12:24:03 PM
To be devil's advocate here, is conceding 5 goals at home to a championship side not unacceptable to people considering where we were a few years ago? This isn't a slight on kit but if I gave him the job, I'd make sure he knew that losing in that kind of fashion is unacceptable. Is that not fair enough?

I would agree bar pointing out that we are not the same club or squad as we were a few years ago. In that same vein, upon Roy's departure we were a changed club, with the following appointment happy to ride on Roy's tails, and the one following that happy to let the squad age raise year-on-year and even helping it by getting in players that should have seen pastures a long time since, and then the final one, well, lets not mention the past 8 months shall we?

Suffice to say, we have changed far too much for a simple comparison, though I would agree, on the face of it, shipping 5 goals in whatever league we stand is bad, though it takes no reminding that this was, for all intents and purposes, a match of no real consequence for us at this time.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.