watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit Out Brigade...

Started by ChesterTheTabby, October 29, 2014, 01:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Is it just me (it really may just be me, and I won't make any friends for this post) or is this the same group of people that if we went on to win 5 straight matches, then lose 1-0 to the bottom placed club would instantly call for Kit Out? This is absolutely ludicrous. Kit has stepped in for a man who had the exact same team, had all summer to prepare them, managed  only  to achieve 1 point in 8 matches, and left us at the bottom of the table...and now Kit  gets us 13 points, defeats Norwich and Charlton, 1st and 5th placed teams at the time respectively, and has a team come back 3 times to draw up at Rotherham away two days after our last match...and despite all of this he is still somehow not the man best suited to be our manager? You must be seriously having a laugh, right? Who knows these academy players than Kit? No one. Who trained these academy players we all tout and claim to be our prosperous youth? Kit did. Today was an obvious signal of intent from Kit - To climb the Championship table. He played a team he thought could compete, but let's all be honest for a moment, his goal was to rest key players for our away trip to Wigan. Who the hell bloody cares right now, in our current position and league standing, about a cup run? Great, we win today and then lose away to Chelsea or Liverpool in the Quarters or Semis. Instead, we now have rested players who can go up to Wigan and bring back all three points, increasing our league position and chances to continue our run of form. Whether you are Steve Bruce, Steve Clark, Jose Mourinho, or Pepe Guardiola...no one knows this team, this club, or the fans better than Kit Symons. Every manager has to make a choice about priorities, and every manager makes mistakes....give the man a break. If we beat Wigan on Saturday, I will be checking in to see if those who are calling for Kit to be reverted to a coach/replaced  are still voicing the same opinion.

...This may be the whiskey speaking but for the love of all that is Fulham, I cannot be the only one who was sick to see all the "Kit out" responses!

-Mike
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

akf

Great post- you are not alone in your sentiments.

premFlem

plus one ...not to install Kit as our new permanent manager asap would be a big mistake.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Ichabod Magoo

You are far too rational to appease some on this forum.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Arthur

Quote from: maoconnor on October 29, 2014, 01:46:53 AM
...This may be the whiskey speaking but for the love of all that is Fulham, I cannot be the only one who was sick to see all the "Kit out" responses!

Kit is currently our caretaker manager. We have yet to make a permanent appointment. If I can't voice a preference for somebody other than Symons, or doubts as to his suitability, before the appointment is made, when can I? It is nonsense to imply (as the tone of your post does) that I am disloyal. I want what is best for the Club every bit as much as you. Not seeing matters the same as you may show me up to be less knowledgeable than you, but it certainly does not make me disloyal. I have no problem with you giving your backing to Kit. What is your problem?

The issue here, as I see it, is broader than merely asking: 'Has Kit done well so far?' There is a further question that is even more important: 'Who will manage this Club best over the next few years?' There is nothing illogical in acknowledging that Symons has done well overall and yet still believing that there are other managers who are capable of doing even better.

If, as seems likely, Kit is handed the role on a permanent basis, I shall get behind him to the same extent as I would support any manager and wholeheartedly want for him to do well. I wonder, based on your evident lack of appreciation for anyone but K.S., whether you can as readily say the same of our next manager, were Symons not to be approved.

In reality, there is no 'Kit Out' brigade; there cannot be because he is not yet 'in'. What there is, is a difference of opinions as to who our next manager should be. Whilst I agree that it could be beneficial to promote someone from within the Club; someone who has the Club at heart, this does not mean that somebody from outside the Club will do the job any less professionally or with any less determination to succeed. And if that person is also a better manager...

AUSFFC

I agree with your post maoconnor, lets get behind a man who has clearly shown he can do great things, not signing him could be a huge mistake!

Looking forward to the league games is the priority right now

"Never expecting, always believing" COYW

Deanothefulhamfan

The negativity towards kit is incredible.

I for one am fully in the Kit in camp, and if we get a result up in Wigan, many of the negative posters will be back on the happy swing... It was a bad result yes, but Kit is learning the ropes and I would rather he made mistakes in this game, than in our league games. If FM had not left us as a relegation candidate, than maybe we would have seen a stronger team, but we have had a bad run of fixtures as of late, and our big players are simply not worth risking, when we are in such a precarious position.

Everyone is blasting our lineup, but did we not go 2-0 up against the best side in the division? If anyone is to blame it is a certain mr Hoogland, who let Kit down and the rest of the team with an inexcuseable lack of discipline, at a crucial time of the match. Yes our team collapsed, and yes it needs to be worked on to make sure it does not happen again, but that is the first time under Kit where I have seen us buckle ( it was a weekly process before )

Certain players should not be near the first team Hutchinson, Kiraly and Zverotic and poor Arturworrey making his debut in amongst all these players, but this game has just reiterated that Kit cannot rely on them.

We have a big game at the weekend, and with all our players coming in fresh I am happy. Kit has done an awful lot right, and we need to think about this before we start with all the negativity.

Mince n Tatties

Agree they dont get that penalty then its 2-0 at half time and a different game.
Saying that the Rams upped a gear second half (good side and will win the Championship)
Quite easily I believe.
Im in the Kit camp but he will be tested Sat now how he can bounce back against a side who
are in a false position and won at Derby last week....

ffc73

Quote from: Arthur on October 29, 2014, 04:17:20 AM
Quote from: maoconnor on October 29, 2014, 01:46:53 AM

Kit is currently our caretaker manager. We have yet to make a permanent appointment. If I can't voice a preference for somebody other than Symons, or doubts as to his suitability, before the appointment is made, when can I? It is nonsense to imply (as the tone of your post does) that I am disloyal. I want what is best for the Club every bit as much as you. Not seeing matters the same as you may show me up to be less knowledgeable than you, but it certainly does not make me disloyal. I have no problem with you giving your backing to Kit. What is your problem?

The issue here, as I see it, is broader than merely asking: 'Has Kit done well so far?' There is a further question that is even more important: 'Who will manage this Club best over the next few years?' There is nothing illogical in acknowledging that Symons has done well overall and yet still believing that there are other managers who are capable of doing even better.

If, as seems likely, Kit is handed the role on a permanent basis, I shall get behind him to the same extent as I would support any manager and wholeheartedly want for him to do well. I wonder, based on your evident lack of appreciation for anyone but K.S., whether you can as readily say the same of our next manager, were Symons not to be approved.

In reality, there is no 'Kit Out' brigade; there cannot be because he is not yet 'in'. What there is, is a difference of opinions as to who our next manager should be. Whilst I agree that it could be beneficial to promote someone from within the Club; someone who has the Club at heart, this does not mean that somebody from outside the Club will do the job any less professionally or with any less determination to succeed. And if that person is also a better manager...
0001.jpeg

ffc73

I am not Kit out as I really do not see a better alternative but that does not prevent me from having concerns over his long term appointment

The concerns I have expressed after Derby are no different to those I have had in previous games, even in beating Charlton when for long periods we were under the kosh

The forum would be a poorer place if we all held the same view

Fulham1959

Opening poster and Deano :  I am totally with you and I despair at the fickleness displayed and the "Kit not up to the job" opinions expressed by many posters.

Kit has much going for him as others have illustrated.  How often are 'famous name' managers successful as they travel on the manager merry-go-round ?  Answer :  not very often.

We could/should have gone in 2-0 up at HT last night but I think we would still have met with a Derby onslaught in the second half.  We played with confidence and some flair in the first half which is not surprising as a lot of the young players were used to playing together.  But confidence is a fragile thing and once that was knocked it had the reverse and positive effect on the Derby team.

Someone on the matchday thread blasted Arthurworrey last night.  Yes, lets judge a young player completely on his first match and immediately consign him to the scrapheap.  It's some so-called fans who are not up to the job.

LBNo11

...I had to respond to this, maoconnor has said what I wanted to say, but I was too angry to express even though I was sober. Thankfully in addition to this, Southfield White has further clarified matters in another post that shows the reasoning behind Kit's management.

I'm surprised by the knee-jerk reactions to a loss to an excellent side, (and it pains me to say that - I remember '83) whilst playing an almost experimental side to help evaluate what we may need in the transfer window, it looks like the sort of reactions fans of the top clubs make when they have endured a couple of losses.

Thank you to the original poster, this has been most cathartic...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

epsomraver

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 29, 2014, 11:36:39 AM
...I had to respond to this, maoconnor has said what I wanted to say, but I was too angry to express even though I was sober. Thankfully in addition to this, Southfield White has further clarified matters in another post that shows the reasoning behind Kit's management.

I'm surprised by the knee-jerk reactions to a loss to an excellent side, (and it pains me to say that - I remember '83) whilst playing an almost experimental side to help evaluate what we may need in the transfer window, it looks like the sort of reactions fans of the top clubs make when they have endured a couple of losses.

Thank you to the original poster, this has been most cathartic...
0001.jpeg

ToodlesMcToot

I'll tell you my only reservation with Kit as our manager going forward.

If that is to be Mr Khan's and the board's excuse not to seriously invest in the playing squad, then he is/would be the wrong choice. If they are going to spend money with him just like they would a bigger name manager, then I am not going to worry.

There's no way to know, of course. It is something that concerns me however.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Julius Geezer

We'd be mugs to let Kit go now.

He needs at least until January if not the season!

Be careful what you wish for Fulham fans!

As the old saying goes, 'You don't know what you've got til it's gone.'

alfie

due to new grandchild arriving last night i did not make the game so cannot comment on that, but i do have a comment on the next manager, now i believe that KS has done all he can to secure the position of manager (ignore last night), but i also believe that if someone does not hold that opinion they should not be lamblasted over it. I hated it on here when people were being described as "Jol lover or hater" or "Magath lover/hater" or now maybe "Kit".

I believe that KS is the right man for the job at this present moment, as i thought that both Jol and Magath were at the time they were appointed. I was wrong on that and fully accept it, but in saying that i maintain that is was my right to have that opinion, just like some supporters now are not of the opinion that KS is right for the job. If they are wrong and he is appointed and does a great job they should be big enough to come on here and admit they were wrong, of course does apply the other way as well.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFC1987

To be devil's advocate here, is conceding 5 goals at home to a championship side not unacceptable to people considering where we were a few years ago? This isn't a slight on kit but if I gave him the job, I'd make sure he knew that losing in that kind of fashion is unacceptable. Is that not fair enough?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 29, 2014, 12:24:03 PM
To be devil's advocate here, is conceding 5 goals at home to a championship side not unacceptable to people considering where we were a few years ago? This isn't a slight on kit but if I gave him the job, I'd make sure he knew that losing in that kind of fashion is unacceptable. Is that not fair enough?

It is fair. At the same time, I don't believe Kit puts out that lineup in that game without having discussed the game's importance, or lack of, with the club. It makes no sense for someone in his position to basically give that game away, making wholesale changes to the roster against such a strong club as Derby.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jarv

I think some of us are over complicating and over thinking the problem. Given the train wreck KS inherited, I think he is doing fine. Conceding 5 goals 3 times this season is most likely at the top of KS agenda and I suspect he goes over it in his head daily. Talk of a manager for the next 5 or more years is wishful thinking. The target for KS (or whoever) is most likely mid-table with a squad capable of mounting a challenge next season. (With some summer signings clearly identified). Personally, I would be happy with that.

FFC1987

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on October 29, 2014, 12:33:54 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 29, 2014, 12:24:03 PM

It is fair. At the same time, I don't believe Kit puts out that lineup in that game without having discussed the game's importance, or lack of, with the club. It makes no sense for someone in his position to basically give that game away, making wholesale changes to the roster against such a strong club as Derby.

He even said pre match that the cup wasn't the priority but that doesn't hide the fact we were humiliated in that second half. Outplayed all over the pitch. Kit in for me as stated but shipping cheap goals like we have sits poorly with me.