watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sympathy for Chris David

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, October 28, 2014, 11:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

End this discussion. David would be in the team if Kit believed he had the right to be. He must be lacking something, or we would see more 1st team appearances. Most likely got an attitude problem, or is lacking fitness. Ruiz has quality only topped by RMc, and on his day, can control games. If Ruiz isn't working, simply sub him off. Kit has got our Starting XI sorted now, and David isn't part of it at the moment, so just move on.

TonyGilroy

The key thing Kit did was to decide on his best team and those he could most rely on as back up and let them grow as a team with only minimal changes.

That means that some players aren't getting game time and maybe deserve it but they can't all play and consistency and stability were absolutely necessary.

There doesn't have to be a reason why David was not in the favoured group beyond the fact that Kit preferred others.

Results show that he got his choices right.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Agreed with the main post. he should be used more and possibly instead of Ruiz who is clearly just seeing his contract out and looked completely disinterested on the pitch.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on October 31, 2014, 01:53:19 PM
Agreed with the main post. he should be used more and possibly instead of Ruiz who is clearly just seeing his contract out and looked completely disinterested on the pitch.

Looked disinterested how exactly? He worked at least as hard as anyone else.

FFC1987

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 31, 2014, 01:56:59 PM

Its these kind of comments that annoy me. No justification fir it, just an agenda against him.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 31, 2014, 02:04:34 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 31, 2014, 01:56:59 PM

Its these kind of comments that annoy me. No justification fir it, just an agenda against him.

I don't have any kind of agenda against Ruiz: but apart from two nice passes and the assist for the goal he didn't offer anything else on the pitch against Derby and it's not like it's the first time. If he was playing football like a demigod I could bear his lack of effort, but he is not a world beater so if he doesn't perform I will criticize him. He looked disinterested in the last couple of games and in both games I couldn't wait for his substitution. David is more lively and energetic and possibly he will stay with us after january, so I'd rather develop a good young player than keep giving second chances to the eternally unconvincing Ruiz.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

TonyGilroy

Preferring David to Ruiz is an opinion.

Saying that Ruiz doesn't work hard on the pitch is simply wrong. He is constantly on the move trying to influence play. He's not an effective tackler but midfielders are often better off not tackling because of the associated risks. Keeping shape and blocking the opposition often works better and Ruiz plays a full role in that.

I don't think that his forward passing is effective enough and David may be better at that but it's more than reasonable for Kit to prefer midfielders who maintain a disciplined shape.