https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (29/10/14)

Started by Admin, October 29, 2014, 02:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Youngsters will learn from loss – Symons

By West London Sport

Kit Symons believes Fulham's young players will learn from their Capital One Cup defeat against Derby.

A youthful Whites side looked to be heading for the quarter-finals after Moussa Dembele's first senior goals put them two up.

But the Rams stormed back to win 5-2 after a blistering second-half showing.

"It's a tough lesson for the players. There were a lot of young players out there, but they'll learn from that and they will be better for it," said Symons.

"They are excellent young players and can cause any team problems when they go forward, as they showed.
Derby took control with four second-half goals

Derby took control with four second-half goals

"In the first half, with regards to the discipline of the team and the tracking of runners, I thought we did really well – the dirty side of the game.

"But the second half unfortunately was a completely different story. Our shape and our discipline became a bit disjointed and they punished us.

Caretaker boss Symons does not believe the result will damage his chances of securing the manager's job.

He said: "I'd like to think, and I do think, that the process will look at me in the longer term and the club in the longer term."

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/youngsters-will-learn-from-loss-symons

Admin

Fulham want to appoint Hull City boss Bruce

By West London Sport

Fulham will look to appoint Steve Bruce as their new manager if he is not given a new contract by Hull City, The Sun claim.

Caretaker boss Kit Symons is expected to be confirmed as manager at Craven Cottage in the coming days.

But it is claimed that Fulham have been alerted to the potential availability of Tigers boss Bruce and would offer him a bumper contract.

Bruce's current contract expires at the end of the season and he is hoping to secure a new deal at the KC Stadium.

The Daily Mirror suggests uncertainty over Hull's ownership means Bruce's future there could be in doubt.

Meanwhile, the Daily Express say Chelsea are among the clubs that have been 'shamed' by research which shows Barcelona have produced more players currently playing in Europe's top leagues than any other club,

And there is more speculation about Adel Taarabt's future in a number of today's newspapers after he did not feature for QPR's development side in a match yesterday.

Taarabt was recently involved in a public fall-out with Rangers manager Harry Redknapp, who had suggested the Moroccan would play in a training-ground game against Swansea's second string.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/fulham-want-to-appoint-hull-city-boss-bruce-report-claims-wls-football

Admin

Fulham v Derby player ratings

Fulham's youngsters were given a painful lesson as a ruthless Derby side sent them out of the Capital One Cup. Scroll through to see how we rated each player in the 5-2 defeat.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/audio-features-comment/fulham-v-derby-player-ratings#77620

Admin

Kit Symons: Fulham caretaker on Derby County defeat

Fulham caretaker manager Kit Symons speaks to BBC London 94.9 after Tuesday's 5-2 defeat to Derby County in the League Cup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29818128

Admin

Kit Symons: 'Derby County punished us'

Fulham caretaker manager Kit Symons has admitted that his team were "punished" by Derby County during Tuesday's 5-2 defeat in the League Cup.

The Cottagers opened up a 2-0 lead in front of their own fans, but Derby staged a second-half comeback to book their place in the fifth round.

Symons believes that the turning point came in first-half stoppage time when a Chris Martin penalty saw the visitors get back in the match.

"In the first half we were well and truly in it, but the goal on the stroke of half time gave Derby a huge lift and top teams don't need lifts like that," he told BBC Sport. "We nullified them in the first half but the second half was a different story and Derby punished us."

Fulham continue their Championship campaign on Saturday when they make the trip to Wigan Athletic.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/league-cup/news/symons-derby-punished-us_185299.html

Admin

Hull City boss Steve Bruce has no interest in taking over at Fulham

Steve Bruce has no interest in becoming the new Fulham manager despite him suddenly becoming a front-runner for the job.

Yesterday, the odds on Bruce  leaving Hull for Fulham plunged from 50-1 to 2-1, sparking speculation he was going to move to Craven Cottage.

However, Bruce has told close friends he has no intention of trading Premier League football for a Championship relegation battle.

That leaves caretaker boss Kit Symons as the favourite for the job, having guided Fulham out of the Championship relegation zone.

Symons has been in temporary charge since Felix Magath was sacked last month.

In the interim, Fulham appointed a five-man committee to decide on the appointment but former England head coach Steve McClaren thinks their is only one candidate.

After watching his Derby team thrash a relatively inexperienced Fulham side in the Capital One tie last night McClaren said: "If they don't give Kit the job tomorrow I'll be very surprised.

"Kit came to Holland when I was in charge of FC Twente and was working towards securing his coaching badges.

"We had a good few days together and he was incredibly eager to learn, he's a really decent bloke. You can't argue that he has really got Fulham going since he stepped in.

"He has come in in difficult circumstance and done a tremendous job.

"He's extremely popular here and he has a great calmness about him which is a great quality in a coach. The Fulham job is a very good job but I would be shocked if Kit didn't get it."

Fulham were undone by a 20-minute five-goal burst from the visitors. Naturally, Symons was disappointed after his side threw away a two-goal lead but said: "I don't think one bad result will necessarily hamper my chances [of getting the job]. The process in place is about looking at the longer term.

"I put out a relatively young side but I don't regret it. Taking that into consideration and utilising a very big squad, I would never put out a side I didn't feel were capable of winning."

The hosts appeared to be cruising after Moussa Dembele's first Fulham goals fired them into a 2-0 lead shortly before half-time.

But Chris Martin pulled one back from the penalty spot before the interval and Fulham capitulated after the break as goals by Johnny Russell, Jeff Hendrick and two from Simon Dawkins in a whirlwind spell from the Championship leaders through.

"The difference between the first-half and second couldn't have been more contrasting," said Symons.

"We scored two goal and if anything nullified them. But conceding a goal with virtually the last kick of the half was disappointing and gave them a huge lift.

"The second-half was awful. We didn't track them and were found wanting but it's always a danger with a young inexperienced side.

"It's a harsh lesson for them but it won't be the worse thing in the world. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/hull-city-boss-steve-bruce-has-no-interest-in-taking-over-at-fulham-9825392.html

Admin

Fulham: Kit Symons expects manager appointment soon

Fulham caretaker manager Kit Symons hopes a permanent appointment is made by chairman Shahid Khan soon.

The 43-year-old has won five of his nine games in charge of the Championship side since taking over following the sacking of Felix Magath last month.

"I get the feeling it is getting closer and hope it's getting closer. I'm sure it is," Symons told BBC London 94.9.

"I'm in regular contact with the owner and we have some good in-depth chats."

Out of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.

Symons on Fulham v Derby

Symons, who spent three years at Craven Cottage during his playing days, declared his interest in taking the job full-time after being made caretaker on 18 September.

However, Khan subsequently appointed a five-person panel, including former Fulham players Danny Murphy and Brian McBride, to help him in the search for a new manager.

"I understand the process fully and have got no problem with it," added Symons.

"I will just keep doing my job and when the time is right, the decision will be made."

This is the third time Kit Symons has been in charge of a club as caretaker manager - he has previously filled the role at Crystal Palace in 2003 and Colchester United in 2008.

Fulham were bottom of the Championship table when Symons took charge, with one point from their opening seven games of the campaign.

Since then the former Wales international has picked up 13 points from a possible 21 on offer, and the Whites are now three points above the relegation zone.

Fulham were beaten 5-2 by Derby County in the League Cup on Tuesday night, despite leading 2-0 at one stage, but Symons does not think that result will affect his chances of being appointed permanently.

"I think the owner is looking at a longer-term picture of how I do this job and to pick the right man for the club going forwards," he said.

"I don't think one result will make that much difference to the thinking or the thought process behind who the next manager is."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29818129

wolfie