watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

team spirit

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, November 01, 2014, 05:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

the most pleasing thing about kits reign so far is the team spirit, never say die attitude that the team is displaying. we have come from behind a few times now when all looked lost.

also he is achieving results with somebody elses team. just think what he will achieve after he has been through a few transfer windows.

this bodes well for the future.

ChesterTheTabby

Completely agree. Again, after the start we had (this argument will not go away until the season is over with) every point we get, especially away from home, is a good result. Kit is doing the bizzo. It may not be pretty, but he is getting it done.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Twig

But what on earth was wrong with Ruiz at the end?

ChesterTheTabby

I assume something with the PK discussion...you know, parker coming up and saying you are not taking it, etc. Maybe Ruiz felt insulted?

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Twig on November 01, 2014, 05:44:15 PM
But what on earth was wrong with Ruiz at the end?
Yeah, I noticed that too....
He just walked off straight past Kit and down the tunnel, whilst everyone else went to clap our supporters?
I hope it wasn't due to mentioned supporters doing the usual booing every time he err's!

clanky

Back to being Fulham-ish with 2 penalties, 2 sendings off,  taking the lead etc.

Feels like we've got our mojo back and fighting. With Kit in charge I sense we are Fulham again !

Can't wait 'til Wednesday

COYW

NogoodBoyo

I didn't notice Ruiz being told not to take the penalty but when my stream was working, the cameramanorwoman more interested in focusing on a small and tacky Oman Airlines ad in the stands.... so I might well have missed it.  He did seem to hold the ball all the time Rodders was off then on the pitch for 5 mins though.
It was an emotional game, but the sight of Ruiz brushing off Parker then Kit does concern me for some reason.
Nogood "team spirit is important in our situation, isit" Boyo

YankeeJim

Like most every manager, Kit is playing with what he has. The attack is humming and the defense is as good as it is going to get with current personnel. We need a quality DM and the defense will improve as the back four gains experience. As I said on another thread, the road ahead is rosy. This time, two years hence, we'll be talking about Europe.  You heard it here first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 01, 2014, 06:06:12 PM
Like most every manager, Kit is playing with what he has. The attack is humming and the defense is as good as it is going to get with current personnel. We need a quality DM and the defense will improve as the back four gains experience. As I said on another thread, the road ahead is rosy. This time, two years hence, we'll be talking about Europe.  You heard it here first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever you are drinking, please ship some to me, i'd love to have a sip.

Nero

win at home dont lose away youll be somewhere near the top

YankeeJim

Quote from: maoconnor on November 01, 2014, 06:49:13 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on November 01, 2014, 06:06:12 PM
Like most every manager, Kit is playing with what he has. The attack is humming and the defense is as good as it is going to get with current personnel. We need a quality DM and the defense will improve as the back four gains experience. As I said on another thread, the road ahead is rosy. This time, two years hence, we'll be talking about Europe.  You heard it here first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever you are drinking, please ship some to me, i'd love to have a sip.

Sam Adams Oktoberfest. A rather nice red ale. Although it is seasonal and likely unavailable anymore. I have 6 left, stop on by. 082.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

SouthIslandWhite

Seriously, the team is about the same one we had in mid August, the difference is that it is now being run by someone who is competent.  That is what has changed, the departure of the Mad Man.  You now have a sane person finally running the club and now someone who has more than a nodding acquaintance with reality.  That is what has changed, that's why we are slowly turning this around.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Holders

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on November 01, 2014, 11:16:55 PM
Seriously, the team is about the same one we had in mid August, the difference is that it is now being run by someone who is competent.  That is what has changed, the departure of the Mad Man.  You now have a sane person finally running the club and now someone who has more than a nodding acquaintance with reality.  That is what has changed, that's why we are slowly turning this around.

The squad is the same but Kit's fielding a number of different players - LVC plus the experienced ones who were previously sidelined - Rodders, Amo (when fit) and Ruiz. It seems to be (partly at least) the injection of this experience that has made the difference and, as I've said a number of times, I would like to know which of the experienced players who were released or loaned out Kit would like to have at his disposal now.

I would also like to know what was up with Ruiz at the end. I thought he really kept his cool for the penalty when he had to wait such a long wait to take it. With McC off the pitch he had the ball under his arm all the time so there was no doubt who was going to take it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Twig

Quote from: Holders on November 02, 2014, 06:21:38 AM
Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on November 01, 2014, 11:16:55 PM
Seriously, the team is about the same one we had in mid August, the difference is that it is now being run by someone who is competent.  That is what has changed, the departure of the Mad Man.  You now have a sane person finally running the club and now someone who has more than a nodding acquaintance with reality.  That is what has changed, that's why we are slowly turning this around.

The squad is the same but Kit's fielding a number of different players - LVC plus the experienced ones who were previously sidelined - Rodders, Amo (when fit) and Ruiz. It seems to be (partly at least) the injection of this experience that has made the difference and, as I've said a number of times, I would like to know which of the experienced players who were released or loaned out Kit would like to have at his disposal now.

I would also like to know what was up with Ruiz at the end. I thought he really kept his cool for the penalty when he had to wait such a long wait to take it. With McC off the pitch he had the ball under his arm all the time so there was no doubt who was going to take it.

Yes, I agree that Ruiz did really well in a difficult situation. Am also intrigued as to what his issue was at the end.

Burt

Good to see the spirit back after two morale-sapping seasons and a succession of stop-gap managers.

Shredhead

I was following on the offal Live Text while soaking in the bath.  I almost dropped my phone in when I saw we'd got the draw. I think Ruiz is rejuvenating now so I'm worried to hear of this bacchanal.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Berserker

God if you spent the whole match in the bath you must have resembled a giant prune when you got out
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

callumc513

I think Ruiz deserves a lot of credit for that penalty. I'm pretty sure both Parker and Hugo himself wanted Hugo to take it, so that couldn't have been good for Ruiz' confidence.

Also having missed a key pen for Costa Rica in the WC, immense credit to Bryan.

domprague

My thoughts, too.

Quote from: Nero on November 01, 2014, 06:53:03 PM
win at home dont lose away youll be somewhere near the top
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

cmg

Quote from: Shredhead on November 02, 2014, 09:07:34 AM
I was following on the offal Live Text while soaking in the bath.  I almost dropped my phone in when I saw we'd got the draw. I think Ruiz is rejuvenating now so I'm worried to hear of this bacchanal.

Are you sure? I've had a few lively nights in Wigan in the past but I had to get an early-ish train yesterday.

[DEFINITIONS OF:
bacchanal
A bacchanal is a crazed party with drunken revelry, ecstatic sexual experimentation, and wild music. In a nutshell, it is "sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll." - http://www.vocabulary.com]