watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bring back Jack Grimmer

Started by Zu-Meister, November 03, 2014, 12:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zu-Meister

I have not been impressed with Hoogland defensively, he gets nudged over too easily. Zverotic is hot and cold......

From what i have gathered about jack grimmer is that where ever hes gone on loan he has impressed. Very quick and good on the ball. I think he can make it at our right back position.

PaulJ123

From what I've heard from a friend whos a Shrewsbury fan is hes very good going forward but not too great defending. And they use him as a wingback

Zu-Meister

Quote from: PaulJ123 on November 03, 2014, 12:36:00 PM
From what I've heard from a friend whos a Shrewsbury fan is hes very good going forward but not too great defending. And they use him as a wingback
thought hed be better defensively with him being touted as a centre back previously.

MasterHaynes

I'd like to see Josh P given a run out for the last 20 minutes on Wednesday he has been playing well for the U21 is strong and fast, if only to see him before we put him out on loan like we did with Stephen

epsomraver

Quote from: Zu-Meister on November 03, 2014, 12:15:52 PM
I have not been impressed with Hoogland defensively, he gets nudged over too easily. Zverotic is hot and cold......

From what i have gathered about jack grimmer is that where ever hes gone on loan he has impressed. Very quick and good on the ball. I think he can make it at our right back position.

Not the Hoogland that is our 2nd leading goal scorer? the Hoogland who has played blinders up to the injury and illness? that one?  fp.gif

Zu-Meister

Quote from: epsomraver on November 03, 2014, 01:34:20 PM

Not the Hoogland that is our 2nd leading goal scorer? the Hoogland who has played blinders up to the injury and illness? that one?  fp.gif
yeah that one, id play him midfield.

Peppo

I'm sure Kit knows all about Grimmer and has a plan. Hopefully the days of panic loan recalls and immediate inclusion into the first team are over and he will be introduced carefully. From what I've heard I'm looking forward to it.

Zu-Meister

Quote from: Peppo on November 03, 2014, 02:10:05 PM
I'm sure Kit knows all about Grimmer and has a plan. Hopefully the days of panic loan recalls and immediate inclusion into the first team are over and he will be introduced carefully. From what I've heard I'm looking forward to it.
yeah i was thinking more january anyway. should have made it clear

HatterDon

Thanks for this thread. Iwas wondering where Grimmer was. Along with Arthurworry and Bagna, he was most impressive in the Dallas Cup. In terms of temperament and discipline, he looked a man among boys. He'll be somebody's club captain before he's through. I hope he's ours.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mince n Tatties

In all his games for Shrewsbury, his match ratings all
been 7+...

Fernhurst

Shrewsbury's manager has described Jack as " bringing some class to his side"
Looking forward to his debut..... Eventually
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Jamie88

Just had his loan extended until January apparently so I wouldn't expect him recalled any time soon

Fernhurst

Great..... They must think a lot of him. Games at a decent level is just what he needs. Don't know how others feel, but I've been amazed how LVC has come on since his introduction to the first team spotlight.

Steven Ageroad

Not the Hoogland that is our 2nd leading goal scorer? the Hoogland who has played blinders up to the injury and illness? that one?  fp.gif

"the Hoogland who has played blinders". You are having a laugh, defensively he is rubbish and is just one of the reasons for our poor defensive record.

epsomraver

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on November 03, 2014, 05:17:10 PM

Not the Hoogland that is our 2nd leading goal scorer? the Hoogland who has played blinders up to the injury and illness? that one?  fp.gif

"the Hoogland who has played blinders". You are having a laugh, defensively he is rubbish and is just one of the reasons for our poor defensive record.
Must watch a different game to you then, will be in JH stand  wednesday perhaps we can compare views?

Fernhurst

I'll be in The Riverside, but you'll never recognise me as I look much older than my avator

PaulJ123

Quote from: Zu-Meister on November 03, 2014, 01:19:26 PM
thought hed be better defensively with him being touted as a centre back previously.

Same here, just passing on what I've been told. It might just be as he's being played as a wingback, he's not really needed to defend as much as he would in a flat back 4 and his attacking gets noticed more.

But as others have said, he's been highly rated in all his games hes played for them, he's probably the best fullback in the league. He did well in League 1 so I was shocked to see him drop to league 2

Zu-Meister

Quote from: PaulJ123 on November 03, 2014, 08:14:26 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on November 03, 2014, 01:19:26 PM

Same here, just passing on what I've been told. It might just be as he's being played as a wingback, he's not really needed to defend as much as he would in a flat back 4 and his attacking gets noticed more.

But as others have said, he's been highly rated in all his games hes played for them, he's probably the best fullback in the league. He did well in League 1 so I was shocked to see him drop to league 2
yeah that was pretty surprising, he did well at league one as well, at right back im pretty sure. ive been waiting to see him play for our first team for a little while now, hope it will come soon. i think he is better than passley. more composed.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: epsomraver on November 03, 2014, 05:19:53 PM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on November 03, 2014, 05:17:10 PM

Must watch a different game to you then, will be in JH stand  wednesday perhaps we can compare views?

Would love to, I sit in F block. The man is a liability in defence.

Julius Geezer

Crazy thread!

Grimmers got nothing on Hoogland at the moment.

From the right backs we've seen in the Championship this season, Hoogland is up there no question!