watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Was this really good enough?

Started by robert, November 05, 2014, 10:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert

OK,we were 2-0 down and got the draw.It was at home againist the bottom team, who only had 10 men second half.Only excuse we have for not winning is the fact that their manager is an ex-Fulham player!!!

westcliff white

after the start a draw is not a bad result
Every day is a Fulham day

ChesterTheTabby

If there is ever a time and place for the saying "two points dropped" this is it. Sure, a draw is better than a loss and we are continuing to get some points on the board, that is always a plus.....but look at the statistics...It's rather disheartening.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

fulhamben

our excuse for not winning is that our defence is shockingly bad. 30 goals conceeded in just 16 games.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jarv

It is now November and Fulham is in a relegation battle (again). Reality check for the management. Bottom team, 10 men, didn't win.

MiltonBurrows

Didn't watch the game as i was working, but from the statistics it looks like one of those days. But it is concerning how many goals we are conceding, luckily for us we are banging them in at the other end as well. Pretty obvious where Kit needs to strengthen in January.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

andyk

Complacency, some of the players think they are Prem standard players and they don't have to turn up to beat teams like Blackpool. They didn't have the momentum until Blackpool went down to 10 men, then they kind of woke up. But, at this level, total concentration and committment is needed from the start, the Fulham players have to realise they are a championship squad, they are all championship standard players and do not have enough talent to coast through games. We were lucky Blackpool got a player sent off or we would have lost.

Symons should put them through the ringer for their lack of professionalism in the first half.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on November 05, 2014, 10:03:44 PM
our excuse for not winning is that our defence is shockingly bad. 30 goals conceeded in just 16 games.

That is the problem im afraid, on course to match last seasons goals against.
And what happened then...

hovewhite

Defending we are still not learning the lessons from last season with different players,whose to blame not just the manager,but first team coaching staff collectivley.
Plus the way blackpool set up with an extra man in midfield who overan our pairing of nosey and lvc.
Great recovery and the players are consistently playing there way back into games and saving pionts if not always getting the maximum needed,having said that we will probably beat huddersfield Saturday now.

jags24

We were losing every match under the previous manager.  A draw is not good, but not the end of the world, either.

ron

...and the "Lee Clark" effect needs to be added into the equation as well. Few have mentioned the impact that 'a new broom sweeping clean' at Blackpool  had on their dogged performance tonight, and maybe in the future, when a similar upturn has happened in our own camp.

nose

i think in the end too many of our players just failed to perform tonight
i also think the team selection was wrong and the substitutes were late and its time that such a poor performer in the center of midfield needs to be dropped, one or two players seem to be getting a bit fed up with one of them playing so poorly and yet being an automatic choice.

terryr

Kit has forgotten he isn't the youth manager anymore and plays kids.
Roberts instead of smith
I rest my case

fulhamben

Quote from: TerryR on November 06, 2014, 12:11:48 PM
Roberts instead of smith
I rest my case
yes because smith has been exceptional for us. no wait he had the worst debut that I have seen for Fulham in a long long time. I don't agree that just pumping it in 2 an overly crowded box would have been the answer
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Simply not good enough should have been the managers reaction statement.

terryr

Quote from: fulhamben on November 06, 2014, 12:22:17 PM
Roberts instead of smith
I rest my case
yes because smith has been exceptional for us. no wait he had the worst debut that I have seen for Fulham in a long long time. I don't agree that just pumping it in 2 an overly crowded box would have been the answer
If ever there was a need for a 6 ft+ presence it was last night. How many corners???
How many swing balls into the box?
No one there.
Poor debut or not smith has a scoring track record.
Roberts hasn't scored in 1st team football. He is young and needs development.
Send him back to the U21s
play smith in a situation when we have double digit corners......or am I missing something?
Was the diminutive Roberts a threat on our corners?
Actually he was no threat whatsoever........

FFC1987

Quote from: TerryR on November 06, 2014, 12:26:35 PM
Roberts instead of smith
I rest my case
If ever there was a need for a 6 ft+ presence it was last night. How many corners???
No one there.
play smith in a situation when we have double digit corners......or am I missing something?

I must admit, the way we were playing, we needed a dominant aerial threat....

snarks

Reading Kits reaction, he considers it 2 points dropped as do most posters, and probably most Fulham fans. At least it's not 3 points dropped.

Enough with the hand wringing, I can't believe anyone expected a smooth ride up the table to the playoff spots, of course things are not going to go perfectly every time, but having only lost 1 of the last 8 games is a reason for celebration, not condemnation. This is the same group of players that couldn't buy a win in their first 8 matches.

They are playing for the club and the manager. Youth was all well and good when Fulham were winning, they draw 2 games, and all of a sudden players who are young and learning shouldn't be near the squad.

Please lets have some sense of perspective.

Cravenawin

Roberts instead of smith
I rest my case
No one there.

I'm sure if Kit knew before kick off we'd have 18 corners, he probably would have started with Smith!

FFC1987

Quote from: Cravenawin on November 06, 2014, 09:27:34 PM
Roberts instead of smith
I rest my case
No one there.

I'm sure if Kit knew before kick off we'd have 18 corners, he probably would have started with Smith!

Starting was never the issue, I think it was the tactics within the game. Personally, I thought the game cried out for him. Only thing I should add is maybe kit wanted to stop played getting the ball in the box and open the play up more. Basically movign away from an aerial duel.