watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Totally Unacceptable

Started by Ordar, November 05, 2014, 10:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Tonight's performance was nothing short of a disgrace. The team came out totally complacent thinking they could just turn up and win.

The performance in the first half was shocking. Both goals, plus the very good chance they missed at 2-0 was terrible defending. Burn did not play well at all, constantly missing headers and got totally turned inside out much the same as Hutchinson did against Ipswich. If they didn't have a player sent off they would have easily won the game.

Second half we had possession, pretty much all the possession, but the tactics and subs were baffling. Both Hugo and Moussa were totally non existent. Everyone could see that Smith should have been brought on at half time to offer some kind of threat. Especially with all the crosses and corners that were coming in. Then George Williams gets taken off for Roberts. Williams easily looked our most threatening player, and Roberts yet again showed why he isn't ready quite yet.

We spent the majority of the second half trying to walk the ball through the middle of a packed defence. I can only recall their goalkeeper making 2 saves of any note. We badly missed McCormack and generally looked devoid of a plan B going forward. The defence is a real worry, and aside from the obvious lack of pace we're still missing a proper defensive midfielder to shield them, as they're not good enough to defend as a 4.

So many issues, but I'm not going to start an in depth debate about the poor tactics once again

terryr

Deanothefulhamfan

We are a complete disgrace..... First time Kit needs questioning

hovewhite

The honeymoon is well and truly over,but pretty much us fans wanted kit,so I'm hoping he learns lessons fast,give him a chance!

Deanothefulhamfan

He has my full support, but tonights result is an absolute disgrace.... Kit needs to learn as this was a complete shambles.

Awful tactics

SouthWest6

Kit isn't the guy to take this club forward, always said it, and I believe we appointed purely on fan favouritism and pressure, over experience.

Ordar

We're still not creating any clear cut chances, and we look like conceding every time the opposition attacks. But the worst thing (and most worrying) was the mentality the players played with first half. Just strolling about expecting to win.

Kit has no plan B. That much is obvious, and doesn't look like changing

JDH101

Dembele is not ready and that was a mistake to start him by Kit. Woodrow or Smith should haves started with Hugo.

Our ratio of goals is shocking and Kit needs to sort this out. We have a very good chance of getting a lot of points in November with some very winnable games but if we keep defending like this we won't stand a chance.

ChesterTheTabby

With a record of 4 wins 3 draws 2 losses in the league...I'd say he's doing far better than any of our previous managers in recent years, so he still has my support. A win against Huddersfield if possible will restore form relief as well as belief...praise be to the footballing gods that McCormack will be back.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

hovewhite

SouthWest6

Quote from: Ordar on November 05, 2014, 10:52:16 PM
We're still not creating any clear cut chances, and we look like conceding every time the opposition attacks. But the worst thing (and most worrying) was the mentality the players played with first half. Just strolling about expecting to win.

Kit has no plan B. That much is obvious, and doesn't look like changing

The whole attitude leading up to this game stank, the talk from Kit Simons, his body language, everything, even him rattling on about fortress Fulham, only to have egg on his face after tonight. Like you say, bit over over confident from all involved and I feel they need to take a long hard look at tonight. 

JDH101

Quote from: maoconnor on November 05, 2014, 10:53:26 PM
With a record of 4 wins 3 draws 2 losses in the league...I'd say he's doing far better than any of our previous managers in recent years, so he still has my support. A win against Huddersfield if possible will restore form relief as well as belief...praise be to the footballing gods that McCormack will be back.

My Grannie could take over the team and have a better result than our previous 2 managers. Those two clowns should not be our yardstick. Kit has my support, but tonight was very bad.

kevin

to have as much possession and as many corners and shots in the second half as we did and not win the game is criminal....We tip tapped it about so much instead of someone actually having a shot from range and taking a few more risks...Their keeper did make some great saves but we should have won

GrahamG

Terrible performance. If Blackpool had kept 11 players on the pitch there didn't look any way back for us. Diabolical defending but there wasn't actually much that was good anywhere.

epsomraver

Quote from: Ordar on November 05, 2014, 10:35:16 PM
Tonight's performance was nothing short of a disgrace. The team came out totally complacent thinking they could just turn up and win.

The performance in the first half was shocking. Both goals, plus the very good chance they missed at 2-0 was terrible defending. Burn did not play well at all, constantly missing headers and got totally turned inside out much the same as Hutchinson did against Ipswich. If they didn't have a player sent off they would have easily won the game.

Second half we had possession, pretty much all the possession, but the tactics and subs were baffling. Both Hugo and Moussa were totally non existent. Everyone could see that Smith should have been brought on at half time to offer some kind of threat. Especially with all the crosses and corners that were coming in. Then George Williams gets taken off for Roberts. Williams easily looked our most threatening player, and Roberts yet again showed why he isn't ready quite yet.

We spent the majority of the second half trying to walk the ball through the middle of a packed defence. I can only recall their goalkeeper making 2 saves of any note. We badly missed McCormack and generally looked devoid of a plan B going forward. The defence is a real worry, and aside from the obvious lack of pace we're still missing a proper defensive midfielder to shield them, as they're not good enough to defend as a 4.

So many issues, but I'm not going to start an in depth debate about the poor tactics once again
0001.jpeg

andrewscott

there goalkeeper made at least 4 very good saves in the 2nd half. you must have been distracted.