watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR..Brilliant FA Cup

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 07, 2014, 09:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Warrington 17th in the 8th tier of football just put out Exeter.
Fantastic what other country would it happen in, love the FA Cup and wish
clubs would take it serious again and play strong sides..

Scrumpy

Me too  049:gif. I love the FA Cup. It means more to lower clubs nowadays, but you can't beat a good giant killing.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Northern Cottager

Great game. Old school football cup tie.

Robbie Savage was dreadful to listen too, though.

nose

what a great contest
savage was very carried away and really didn't add much but great passion
well done warrington, i likedd the look of their two forwards.

HatterDon

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 07, 2014, 09:54:37 PM
Warrington 17th in the 8th tier of football just put out Exeter.
Fantastic what other country would it happen in, love the FA Cup and wish
clubs would take it serious again and play strong sides..

The USA for one. The USA Open Cup is the second oldest of its type in the world. At least one of the many community clubs rattle the feathers of the professional clubs every season.

I still love the FA Cup. I wish we would take it more seriously. Fulham will never be Champions League, but we can be cup warriors, and I would love that.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Especially as Warrington is a famous Rugby town and not forgetting
Vladivar Vodka  !!
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on November 08, 2014, 02:59:00 AM
Especially as Warrington is a famous Rugby town and not forgetting
Vladivar Vodka  !!

Vladivar Vodka --Paint Stripper.

bog

I love the early rounds of the FA cup. So much passion between two sides who are never going to win the trophy but serve up great games. Never a dull moment unlike some of the Champions League ones. Some may knock Robbie Savage but at least he enjoys the games and doesn't hold back, like when he played. Best line from he....'he tackled with two foot....'

092.gif   

dannyboi-ffc

That's like a conference team beating a premier league side. Incredible achievement!

Just think one more big victory and they could be playing at old Trafford or if they're REALLY lucky a trip to Craven Cottage.

I love the fa cup especially when a big club doesn't win it! Not even the champions league is as magical and the main reason for that is proper football clubs enter the fa cup. Franchises enter the champs league.  

That's really cheered me up, hopefully Fulham maintain my happiness at 1700 this evening.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bog

Compare the noise generated by 2,500 last night compared to City's game this week in the Chumpions League.

ron

Special mentions of Robinson and Metcalfe in a squad who will be local heroes to a man for years to come.

A wonderful example of commitment to the point of some being almost crippled by cramp...

Just can't warm to Savage's patchy commentary though. He seems to be unable to reflect the actual state of play in the tone of his voice.

filham

Congratulations Warrington, hope they can survive to the third round and draw a big premiership club.

My favourite all time match remains our 3-4 defeat by Newcastle in the FA Cup with that great hat trick by Tosh.

Remember we hold the record of most games played in an FA cup season with the 12 matches we played to get to the 1975 final.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: filham on November 08, 2014, 10:56:57 AM
Congratulations Warrington, hope they can survive to the third round and draw a big premiership club.

My favourite all time match remains our 3-4 defeat by Newcastle in the FA Cup with that great hat trick by Tosh.

Remember we hold the record of most games played in an FA cup season with the 12 matches we played to get to the 1975 final.

And it's a record that's impossible to ever be beaten by clubs in the third round. A team in the second round would have to draw every round and reach the final just to equal it. Or a first round team would have to draw every round and make the semis.

It's just never going to happen, not sure the qualifying rounds count but even then a team would need to go on a very unrealistic run to break it.

Scraping the replay after replay system and introducing extra time/penalties after one replay plus the semi/ final being decided on the day has guaranteed the record will be very very hard to beat and only a minnow could do it
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging